112 replies to this topic

#101 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

The hate against the clans has no end and they even don't know why . Most of the people don't know anything about BT lore and they still hate the clans - that is the reason for them to call for nerfs.
That is the pain - people that don't know anything about BT are the people happy with PP damage , unrestricted mechlab and no R&R.

#102 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostPika, on 20 September 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

OH GOOD GOD. Can we STOP now!?

This thread can go on for 10,000 pages. The 'Mechs ARE getting changed. This thread will do nothing and you can use it to stroke your e-peen or insult IS players all day if you want, it don't change the fact that balance is coming in some shape or form and it WON'T be in the form of a change of tactics.

Jeeeze.

Where does it say they are changing the configurations of the Clan pak? Link?

Edited by Lightfoot, 20 September 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#103 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 20 September 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Where does it say they are changing the configurations of the Clan pak? Link?

Forgive my wording on this. Packs are not being changed but their performance is being altered either via small alterations or buffs to IS 'Mechs. The first part of this will be exceptionally soon with Quirks for all IS 'Mechs being addressed.

#104 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

I personally think that PGI tries to squeeze everything out of the game as long as it lasts.
Probably it will not be counted in years anymore defenately not so any years until IS catches up with their weaponry.
In a few years they will have a huge choice of different weapontypes according to the lore that will teach the clans.
But as I said I don't think it lasts that long.
The first players who will leave are the ones which loved Battletech Tabletops and Video games.

#105 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

After reading through most of OP's replies, I really hope he is either trolling or sterile (preferably both). His argument basically comes down to clan 'mechs are better because clan players are better and if you disagree, you must just be one of the bads to which he is referring. That and he acts like because clans have been nerfed that they must be fine, which is like saying a weapon that dealt 1 billion damage is not OP anymore because it only deals 1 million damage. No, this is not a strawman, this is taking his baseless argument to it's logical conclusion (that because they have been nerfed, that nerf is enough).

Personally, I wish there was a way to let the clans be OP without making the game ridiculous (since they're supposed to be), but I don't see that happening.

So yeah, stop feeding the troll and let this thread die.

Edited by Zoid, 20 September 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#106 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Instead of refining how everything works with/in/within Mechwarrior.. Why not just remove ghost heat? Set everything back to stage 1 as they were originally supposed to function and be done with it? All these modifications to how the original setup works is just diluting the game and turning it into something it's not..

#107 Thomas Shaefer

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

The toxicity between both sides is kinda disgusting.

#108 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Razor, the game would be unplayable. But, that subject has been demonstrated to death, and people still won't listen. Slavishly aping incompatible rules for a different format actually would turn the game into something it's not - MechWarrior: Tactics.

#109 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostHornviech, on 20 September 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

I personally think that PGI tries to squeeze everything out of the game as long as it lasts. Probably it will not be counted in years anymore defenately not so any years until IS catches up with their weaponry. In a few years they will have a huge choice of different weapontypes according to the lore that will teach the clans. But as I said I don't think it lasts that long. The first players who will leave are the ones which loved Battletech Tabletops and Video games.

No, the first players who will leave are the ones who spout relentless negativity and conspiracy theories that defy sense - as if PGI wants to have a failed game in their portfolio, or would like to go bankrupt long-term in order to "squeeze" some short-term cash. And only these players are perceptive enough to see it! How perspicacious! How wise!

If those people would hurry up and get on with the leaving... that'd be great.

/unfollow

#110 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Well, Mechwarrior (as a video game) has always been about rock/paper/scissors. It's not rock/paper/scissors/nuke for a reason.

The "tactic" of "don't get shot" doesn't exactly work. And with CW coming and 12 IS vs 12 Clan, they don't want to find out that they were wrong about balance a few months in when the war is completely skewed toward one side or the other. Imagine the backlash of resetting the system because it was hopelessly flawed from the start. If you think the "crying" is too much now, wait until we actually have a visual representation (CW map) of exactly how skewed it is.

I do believe that if some of the pre-Clan shackles were removed, IS might have a better chance. Much of the firepower that the IS should have access to that allow them to compete with the Clans have also been the subject of nerfs, such as "ghost heat" and gauss charge. Gauss is a huge weapon for the IS that has been reduced to very specific functionality. 3xPPC Awesome? Nope, not allowed. Just saying, if we want to see how the IS performs against Clan, how about we take the gloves off first and see what happens?

I'm gonna guess this Mongo guy is off his meds, and will leave this thread at that. Enjoy your tantrum, sir.

#111 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

But bro, dude , I'm sorry you prebought something that would clearly be nerfed for balance reasons.i dont see you refering to the remove armlock (clans can keep it removing actuators) post ,or nerf cooldown module (clans are overheating to fast but keep their targeting computer advantage)

with 10vs12v out of the picture theyre going to bring power more in line.

use 'stupid' some more, it really supports your case....

#112 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

Judging from the videos I've seen back when it was 8vs8 didn't see how it was unplayable. I'm not talking about turning MW:O into tabletop or revamping the basic rules of the game but it seems with all the nerfs and adjustments to how the game works now.. it's just adding more frustration for the masses while pleasing the whims of the few.

When you say "the game would be unplayable" how exactly do you mean? The link you provided is dead so I couldn't see any quick example to defending your statement.

View PostVoid Angel, on 20 September 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Razor, the game would be unplayable. But, that subject has been demonstrated to death, and people still won't listen. Slavishly aping incompatible rules for a different format actually would turn the game into something it's not - MechWarrior: Tactics.

#113 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 19 September 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Sorry but I have to disagree. People need to let the last round of nerfs sink in before crying about more. It amazes me how much strong the IS is than the Clans. People just really do not see it. They are over heating mo fo's now.

True i did need to change a lot of my builds since last patch. I m not the kind to use Meta build and i did need to say goodbye to med pulses and med lasers over bigger ac calibers.

Like one of my build of the Direwolf Prime was at 1,08 heat management (not the best but still i could run it) to a 0,96 heat management (wich made me suffer a lot since it was a brawler build that i wasn't able to brawl anymore, and i never alpha (except) if i hit the wrong key :S))

That past patch cost me a lot of C-bill

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users