Getting Tired Of The Nerf-Nutz

Skills Gameplay BattleMechs

112 replies to this topic

#81 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

@OP

Relax, no more nerfs to Clan is the word on the street....

#82 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

You can make this about me all you want... But the fact of the matter is, this is about your whining, and the lack of options to satisfy you and people like you. Many of you (IS) pilots run around in XL engines, you guys do just fine knowing the risks, How much do you really think the changes to our engines will really effect us. It will not satisfy you trust me. This has turned intoa grudge match where you guys are fighting for no logical reason until you do the one thing that will matter, and the only thing that hasn't been done.. CHANGE YOUR TACTICS

Uh, I think I mentioned something about thinking it was funny when Clanners are crying about too much heat given what they are firing. I believe your post had something to do with crying about nerfs. But...somehow that is now about me whining? I could care less what you do with your money or your mechs. But when PGI is looking at their stats and Clans are winning 90+% of the time, yes, that's probably an issue for Community Warfare and they'll try to balance it. But no, whaaaaa, you want your single button gimme machine. Christ dude, just shut up already.

#83 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

OP you play with the best players?

Who are these players?

You also still haven't said what 'tactics' you're expecting people to use. Diving into people behind cover is not a 'tactic' btw.

#84 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

I agree with OP. I never saw a game community with this level of whining... Also, clan mechs are avaiable for trial only recently, so, the level of begginners on the IS side tend to be higher naturally. Not saying that who pays, play better, but generally who are inclined to put some money in the game is because have some time spent on it too, which rise the odds of being a more skilled player than someone who just donwloaded it and jumped in a trial mech.

Also, some mechs by lore (thats what I heard, MWO is my first game of the series) are more powerfull and bring terror to the battlefield, so it seens kind weird ppl asking for nerfs and leveling all the mechs the same. We need to keep a balance between gameplay and lore. Maybe overprice (MC and Cbill) these mechs? So they arent that common? I dont know, but its funny to see people complaining about clan tech. Its like to expect that US and Iraq had the same firepower during Desert Storm ( silly example).

#85 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

LOL that's sort of my point, how can a Timber Wolf be OP when a skilled Jenner pilot can eat it for lunch, even if it is a skilled Clan pilot. he gonna shut down after shooting at you two times..

how about almost every medium, heavy and assault IS mech who can't get out of a clanners fire line fast enough? how about these mechs getting crippled within seconds by alphas higher than 60dmg? there is no retreat.

ever walked around a corner in a mech slower than a jenner, cicada, raven or firestarter and faced a properly build timberwolf or direwolf with their god damn 6xuac5 noob builds? there is no way out fast enough to not get killed or almost killed within seconds with just a medium laser left... especially when you mount an XL engine...

what do you do?

your postings have nothing to do with reality, its just a stupid try to call IS pilots noobs, nothing else.

so what do you play?

edit: i play a TBR sometimes too, i can shoot my 72.6 dmg alphas at least FOUR times before getting overheating warning. if i'm playing with some heatmanagement its almost impossible to overheat... and i'm using more than 2 lasers and srms lol

Edited by Thrudvangar, 20 September 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#86 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:09 AM

I bet!! If All of the Clans members in this Game called for Daily Nerfs and daily posted new forum topics ,( IS NEEDS AUTOCANNON NERF ) and threatened to stop playing the game and spending money if PGI did not make IS auto cannon the same as clan ones . ( Burst fire ) you would not be on board with that.
IF We called for The Draconis combine to not be ran by Japanese Units but Funtari girls from Planet X but they all look like Janet reno and smell like goats. Lets just change all the Lore while were at it too.

Edited by SaltBeef, 20 September 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#87 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

I actually would not mind a burst autocannon for my Yen Lo as it is supposed to have one in this time frame. BRAKKA BRAKKA Pounds streaming round after round up the torso of the enemy mech .....Cough ...Cough!

#88 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 20 September 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

I actually would not mind a burst autocannon for my Yen Lo as it is supposed to have one in this time frame. BRAKKA BRAKKA Pounds streaming round after round up the torso of the enemy mech .....Cough ...Cough!

Don´t touch my Wang !Seriously tho i want the IS AC/20 to stay the way it is.IS ACs sound way better and work better.So much more satisfying.

Edited by Solomon Ward, 20 September 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#89 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

Not too long ago I had a match on frozen City. The other team got beaten quite badly and one guy there said we need 10 vs 12 because such stomps happen. When I looked into the end of match statistics we had 4 clanmechs, the other team got 5. I think perception is often very subjective.

But I also have to agree that the clans need some minor nerfs. I hope an effect for destroyed side XLs will do.

#90 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 19 September 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Another one of these?

Just let the ST destruction penalty happen and call it a day. (Likely we will receive some buffs to our weapons again, since the ST destruction is going to be a problem, and we cannot change engines.)

Boy are you in for a surprise if you think that. Also you are clueless when it comes to balance. They def will need to help the Adder out at some point and if they want to they could give some minor quirk help or something to the SMN and/or NVA. Clan mechs as a whole aren't getting a buff to compensate for the XL changes. In fact those XL changes are going to need to be heat AND speed and I see lots of clan players clinging to the idea that isn't the case.

View Postmeteorol, on 19 September 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I get the feeling you are the one who doesn't want so see the truth here. So let me ask you this. Many of the best players this game has to offer have repeatedly stated that some of the clan mechs (TW in in particular) are too strong. How is this an issue of bad IS pilots if even the best clan pilots think some clan mechs are OP?

Seriously, if you are using a TW and don't realize this thing needs some adjustments (i'm using it for the last 400 games, and it does) you are simply in denial.

Here is one such player stating this exactly. Of course Mongo has no idea who he is or who his unit is. Even though Mongo plays with the very best players all the time and learns from them and teaches them things himself. I cannot believe I'm even posting in a Mongo thread ffs.

Read this thread Mongo, see if you can find the MWO equivalent to a "pro" player saying that everything you believe is fantasy so you can pretend that pubstomping in clan mechs show your incredible skill level.

View PostTezcatli, on 19 September 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

Because before the Clans everyone was complaining about how how OP the Phoenix pack mechs were, right?

Or the Vindi, the mech that people forget is in the game. Or the Battlemaster. etc. etc.

Its not clan mechs are overpowered even though we can look at them in smurfy and see superior speed, firepower, range etc. its Tactics!

View Postxe N on, on 19 September 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

[Everyone should read this post each time before they post in threads like this]

Hoax.
-Also waiting for Mongo to explain the tactical nous required to best clan mechs.

Edited by Hoax415, 20 September 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#91 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 19 September 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

I personally think currently it is just unit politics and was having a affect on PGI but they are wising up to it. Not too many guys will continue to fund the game if the clans get heavy nerfed again. Turning the game inside out and reversing roles of clans vs IS just stinks to high heaven and craps all over the 30 yrs of battletech history IMHO. I may not be best pilot but I do not get phenomenal kills in my timber wolf!.. If I did then I would play it daily, which I do not! I was thinking of putting it back to stock configuration because it was doing better with it then. NO more nerfs! fix individual mech issues, Like the Summoner, Nova but no across the board nerfings. I see Jaeger mechs with duel gauss or ac40 killing more than timbers in matches. I am sure every time the clans get new mechs or weapons IS guys will whine and cry NERF NERF!

I feel the same way. The TW is certainly a good mech but if I want performance or decide to grind C-bills, I jump on my Phoenix Battlemaster which has stats that make my TW look like it sucks (BM = 2.60 K/D vs TW = 1.89 K/D).

#92 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

Most of the best players are actually (IS) players, they have dominated this game from Beta and then comes the Timber Wolf that upset the natual order of things ...

Its not the players and skill, its the mech,
as you say now,
why do you cry the whole tread about bad players and tactics
if you know its the mech?

Stupid troll!

#93 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,955 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

When Clan 'Mechs are consistently outperforming the Inner Sphere both demographically, and in targeted testing with high-level pilots - precisely to test whether it's just the pilots, as the OP groundlessly claims - they need to be nerfed. Demanding that we wait until they break Community Warfare for a balance fix is asinine.

Ever notice how bad thinkers accuse you of what they're doing themselves? Such as trying to win a game advantage that's not warranted by complaining on the forums.

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'm beginning to suspect he's trying to troll. >.>

A sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.

#94 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 20 September 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Uh, I think I mentioned something about thinking it was funny when Clanners are crying about too much heat given what they are firing. I believe your post had something to do with crying about nerfs. But...somehow that is now about me whining? I could care less what you do with your money or your mechs. But when PGI is looking at their stats and Clans are winning 90+% of the time, yes, that's probably an issue for Community Warfare and they'll try to balance it. But no, whaaaaa, you want your single button gimme machine. Christ dude, just shut up already.

Well I didn't want to answer your post you seem upset that I call people out on their stupidity but here goes.. (IS) clans like the Lords that play to their strengths (fast and up close) win 80%-95% of their games, they will use the same tactics in CW, yes I respect them it's no secret.

But you want to defend idiots that allow clanners to get up in a firing line and fry their faces, this is much like the British firing lines in the Civil War for you idiots to grasp the concept.. It wasn't until the militia took to the tree lines while the British where all nicely lined up in the open that the militia started to win, the American Indians and the French had to teach the militia how to do that. Just like you and countless people can't grasp the concept that you don't fight the British the way they want you to fight them... YOU DON'T FIGHT CLANS THE WAY THEY WANT YOU TO FIGHT THEM.

So change your tactics, stop making excuses, stop whining, and you will see that 90% drop drastically.

#95 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 20 September 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

this is much like the British firing lines in the Civil War

Que?

#96 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

You said that and made your self look stupid.. What I said and have proven in my previous post is the fact that 95% of the new players to MWO pick (IS) mechs. There is a skill gap that doesn't close for months, but these are the same people that get on the forums and moan about clan mechs. The other NURF-IT's are nothing more than people who have no intention of piloting Clan mechs and just want to make them as weak as possible by getting on PGI's nerves.

Now on the same token there are some (IS) pilots that have clan mechs but feel like they wasted their money, they have better scores with their (IS) mechs. ask Darian DelFord lol

Now if you learn to pilot your mech right, and use the tactics I game you we wouldn't be having this conversation

New players are stuck in a very low ELO for their first bunch of games and then it takes a while to climb after that, requiring them to get better before it does.

I've played a lot of online games and this is always the last-ditch argument of those who are using whatever it is that is overpowered when they have exhausted all other excuses. You are no different. It would be like playing in a wheelchair basketball league while you are not in any way handicapped and insisting that you win because you're just more skilled.

#97 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 20 September 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

When Clan 'Mechs are consistently outperforming the Inner Sphere both demographically, and in targeted testing with high-level pilots - precisely to test whether it's just the pilots, as the OP groundlessly claims - they need to be nerfed. Demanding that we wait until they break Community Warfare for a balance fix is asinine.

Ever notice how bad thinkers accuse you of what they're doing themselves? Such as trying to win a game advantage that's not warranted by complaining on the forums.

A sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.

Ok dude you seem to think you know me... but in all actuality when my ELO was lower I played against you and you are not the best pilot.. lets get that straight, even when I was new and in a Jager 2xUAC5 and 2 PPC I was frying your face. You are one of those players that pop their heads up not knowing where the target is, looking around for one. Yes I'm sure you still get owned.

Now because you don't play with competition players you don't know that they have come up with a reliable method of dealing with clan mechs, and they are wining by using Clan heat limitations as a weapon against them. All you need is a team organized enough to implement it.

If you are still getting up in firing lines against clan mechs, what else can I say that would make sense to you. I have no power to demand anything, common sense demands it. But tears and snot are powerful weapons to use against PGI..

NERF TEARS AND SNOT!! THEY OP!!!

View PostZoid, on 20 September 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

New players are stuck in a very low ELO for their first bunch of games and then it takes a while to climb after that, requiring them to get better before it does.

I've played a lot of online games and this is always the last-ditch argument of those who are using whatever it is that is overpowered when they have exhausted all other excuses. You are no different. It would be like playing in a wheelchair basketball league while you are not in any way handicapped and insisting that you win because you're just more skilled.

Man I was out that 20-30 games in a few hours... be real will ya? Unlike others I won't use the fact that you have no badges against you but you're not talking tactics, weapon stats, nor have you stated one fact about this game. But rather you went off on a rift about basketball with people in wheel chairs.......

here are my facts, Clan mechs have been nerfed repeatedly even prior to their release.. Through all those nerfs the win/loss ratio has stayed pretty much the same. raising the heat didn't work, raising beam length didn't work, we adapted and became even better pilots. Now you want to break the engines and torso's that won't work either because 75% of the time that clan mechs kill we're shooting from cover or a firing line.

So even if we're slowed down, or the heat going up.. you are still going to allow us to cool off and we gonna kill you just the same... now where is your argument to that?

Edited by mongo2006, 20 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#98 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I have to agree MWO is the most nerf-happy game I have ever seen. I feel like I am still playing a Closed Beta game where they change stuff every week. And then they want me to buy stuff.

The problem is that too many nerfs have made MWO gameplay very shallow. There is no long range anymore except LRM support. It's just an AC and Laser brawl because long range options are so nerfed that they can't stop AC+Laser short range mechs from crossing any map and once in range nothing beats ACs+Lasers. Of course we learned all this in MechWarrior 101, so why is it happening in MWO?

#99 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

View Postmongo2006, on 20 September 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Random irrelevant crap.

OH GOOD GOD. Can we STOP now!?

This thread can go on for 10,000 pages. The 'Mechs ARE getting changed. This thread will do nothing and you can use it to stroke your e-peen or insult IS players all day if you want, it don't change the fact that balance is coming in some shape or form and it WON'T be in the form of a change of tactics.

Jeeeze.

Edited by Pika, 20 September 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#100 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostHoax415, on 20 September 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

Boy are you in for a surprise if you think that. Also you are clueless when it comes to balance.

What a wonderful way to start a dialogue. I will engage you, once, as I have already seen your [capacity] in the council thread.

They def will need to help the Adder out at some point and if they want to they could give some minor quirk help or something to the SMN and/or NVA.

Yes, those will get individual help.

Clan mechs as a whole aren't getting a buff to compensate for the XL changes. In fact those XL changes are going to need to be heat AND speed and I see lots of clan players clinging to the idea that isn't the case.

That remains to be seen.
1: Losing a XL side torso in an IS mech is instant death- ergo usually only the fastest mechs use them. (If you see an Atlas with an XL side torso, he is running a stock K, or he is about to get a rude awakening.
2: The Dire wolf, slowest beast in the game, will not be able to switch out of the XL engine, and will [now] be even easier to take out of the fight once ST destruction penalties hit. (Depending on their severity.)
3: If they receive Heat & Movement penalty with ST destruction, which I am not against then the Dire Wolf losing a Side torso is as good as dead. (Think about how hard it is to bring down a legged Dire Wolf, and then realize it will only be slightly tougher than that, only he will be missing half his weapons and be generating too much heat to fight well with the other half.)

Between the Devastating [somewhere between bad (loss of weapons) and dead (IS XL)] effects of ST loss, the IS penchant for PPFLD, and the inability to switch to a standard engine as most IS assaults/heavies do...this will hit the clans very hard. (On top of the spread ACs, ripple LRMs, and extra long laser durations. (Oh, and all those omnipod negative quirks.)

I am not against the penalties, I think they should happen: but I also think some of the other penalties against clans may need to be lessened.

Now, you are dismissed and may go.

Edited by Livewyr, 20 September 2014 - 09:53 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users