King Crab Arms

23 replies to this topic

#21 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 20 September 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Where was that from? I'd have to look around to see if there is anything to support that idea.

Also, Sarna has a different explanation. The Claws are basically the Hand Actuators intended to protect the cannons.

as i said, they were reinforced to protect the cannons later because pilots tended to like punching things too close, and i quote hopper morrison frlom morrisons extractors talking about the kgc he piloted

#22 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostYukichi Fukuzawa, on 20 September 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

I am sure Russ said it somewhere...

He did, they are supposed to open and close. They are supposed to provide some protection to the cannons...though I'm not certain our damage model had that level of fidelity to distinguish between dynamically armored/protected weapon systems. Are the missile pods on a Catapult more vulnerable to being crit, or more resilient to crits with the doors open or close?

#23 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 20 September 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

I assume we'd have the option to toggle open and close the doors to avoid the delay? Though it would seem the only time it would be worthwhile to toggle them closed is when their is a threat of artillery. It would seem once in a brawl, the doors need to stay open if you desire max fire rate.

There is already a keybound command for that. Think it is / or \

#24 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 21 September 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

He did, they are supposed to open and close. They are supposed to provide some protection to the cannons...though I'm not certain our damage model had that level of fidelity to distinguish between dynamically armored/protected weapon systems. Are the missile pods on a Catapult more vulnerable to being crit, or more resilient to crits with the doors open or close?

Yes, they are. I cannot tell you how many times a random PPC or AC/5 has ruined a launcher on an untouched arm with the doors open. It gets really frustrating when you lose all your launchers to an LRM salvo and have full ammo.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users