17 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Any one else here that got problems again one day after the "desynch fix" ?

Enemy mechs teleport when putting my crossair on them like every match and ping is stable between 120 and 150.

#2 Mowmentous

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

I haven't had a desync since the patch.

#3 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

He's not talking about desync, and yes I've had this problem OP. also mechs suddenly appearing out of thin air too.

#4 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Desyncs can also be caused by a poor connection or routing (high fluctuating ping, packet loss). If this is your case then there is little that can be done in the game to prevent it. You should try to ping the server using a tool and asses the quality of connection.

I haven't experienced the problem since the patch, twenty games or so.

#5 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think it's important to keep talking about this issue for sure but we need to be careful about how we throw around terms. Often times different people might call different symptoms by the same name.

The Desync bug itself does seem to be fixed, not only by all our testing but by what is basically dozens of tweets, emails and forums posts each day disappearing to nothing but silence, usually a good sign since happy customers are quiet customers.

Now this doesn't mean there isn't another issue that is less common and less severe, or perhaps occasional poor internet performance. Best thing to do is to take video footage where possible.

#6 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 September 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

I think it's important to keep talking about this issue for sure but we need to be careful about how we throw around terms. Often times different people might call different symptoms by the same name.

The Desync bug itself does seem to be fixed, not only by all our testing but by what is basically dozens of tweets, emails and forums posts each day disappearing to nothing but silence, usually a good sign since happy customers are quiet customers.

Now this doesn't mean there isn't another issue that is less common and less severe, or perhaps occasional poor internet performance. Best thing to do is to take video footage where possible.

I agree maybe a post with what the devs use as terms internally? This way when someone in the community is making a post about an issue Ex: this one, i am pretty sure the person means rubber banding

The correct terminology can be put in and there is less confusion all the way around.

#7 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 19 September 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

I agree maybe a post with what the devs use as terms internally? This way when someone in the community is making a post about an issue Ex: this one, i am pretty sure the person means rubber banding

The correct terminology can be put in and there is less confusion all the way around.

Agreed.

#8 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:44 AM

getting server off line again today @ 14:45 UK

#9 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

I've only had one occurence of mechs walking in place since the hot fix, but I bounce around and teleport pretty often. Also, my ping which usually hovers around 20-30 ms pretty consistently has been much more variable than usual.

I have tried resetting my router and modem, and as proposed the settings in Avast have been modified.

#10 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

I haven't had global desyncs, where every other mech in the game is walking in place, since the patch. However, I have had personal/local desyncs involving teleporting/bouncing. These are almost always associated with mech collisions. My client thinks I walk past a mech, the server apparently disagrees and I can end up being bounced around quite a bit until I am out of the range of a collision. It is still a client/server "desync" but a different type :)

P.S. My ping is also typically in the 30ms range

Edited by Mawai, 22 September 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 19 September 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Any one else here that got problems again one day after the "desynch fix" ?

Enemy mechs teleport when putting my crosshair on them like every match and ping is stable between 120 and 150.

My ping is between 60 and 80. I've had similar problems with teleporting enemies.

#12 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

No more bad desyncs for me. I havn't seen half the game drop out like we used too. There still is teleporting problem. It of course is really bad with 170kph mechs.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 22 September 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#13 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,970 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Yeah if he's referring to Rubber-Banding, I guess you could consider that desyncing in a way.

I still see Rubber-banding quite often, aim at a guy up close and he teleports ahead a little bit, or shoot at a guy and he warps out of the way ect.

Its just lag spikes/packet loss on one end or the other, not a whole lot can be done about it apparently, not without some major changes and buffering in the netcode.

But De-Sync that we've had before, where you lose connection to the game and your mech and other players appear non-responsive, that problem seems very much solved (at least on my end).

#14 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Haven't had a desynch since the patch, although this also coincided with me changing my ISP.

More troubling is the return of my teammates not showing up on my IFF,

#15 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

Well the fix worked for me havent had a connection issue since. I hope it all works out for ya man!

#16 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

No offense OP but I can't help but cringe at the trace-route your taking from Peru to Canada... :blink:

Back in the day when I used to do network routing, if a user took more than 6 to 8 hops to get from point A to point B... Their packet lose would begin to degrade exponentially.

#17 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Main Desync issue which ended matches seems to be fixed, but there is a warping desync issue that has hit me 3-5 times in 20-30 drops. 2-3 second warp where you desync then pop up in the new location. Not nearly as game breaking but has lead to some unfortunate deaths.

#18 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

I haven't had a single case of rubberbanding or desync since the hotfix, and I was one who suffered greatly before the fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users