Missing A Std 305 Engine..

4 replies to this topic

#1 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

I would love to delve into the Heat issues.. Ecm and how it doesn't work..Or how my mechs can't move on the map.. But sadly I can't get my mechs out of the mechbay.. Why you ask..

Because UI 2.0 IS 100% complete..

UI 2.0 is a significant overhaul of the existing MWO user interface, both on the surface and under the hood.

Three main goals:
  • Reduce friction for new players. (P.S.. New players won't know the difference, Old players will be rubbed raw.)
  • Communicate information in a clear and simple manner.

(more cluttered screens with overwhelming info you don't need.)
  • Make each screen relevant to the task at hand (contextual).(Break your mouse buttons trying to find the stuff you really want to find.) Out of Curiousity what was the task at hand : Mechbuilding = No, Invintory sorting = NO, Finding/ sorting Items = No. Putting Trial mechs on every screen to buy them even if you all ready own them = YES..
And one bonus goal:
  • Make the Front End a little more sexy. (feels like more sexy on the back end to be honest.)
  • Faster. (you will spend hours on smurfies/ Le songs freeing up our servers, doing things you cant do in game.)
I thought the purpose of UI 2.0 was to allow the changing of small things simple and easy.

Can we agree U Lied 2.0 is really 90% complete..
Put things like on a list and give the status of those things. (seeing how we are about open dialog now)

The big items should be :
Removing the Need to have to use Smurfies to get a changeable big picture edit..
Filter Controls.. Ref Bullet point 2.
True inventory..
Menu/ Screen Reduction and clicking.

For instance :
I have 75 mechs.. one big scroll screen of caos. Tell me again why i can't have all my Awesome on One line, separated from my clan mechs again??
( I love the Skills Lab Display more than the mech lab Display. i would say that display is about 90% usable)

Tell me again.. why on the home screen the I cant :
Manage the Skills Current mech selected. (one CLICK button)
Go directly into the mech lab configure with it.. (one Click Button)
See the Mech Details.. (one click button)
Ready for Group (one click button)
Lobby chat?? (again need 3rd party program for that.)

Tell me again.. How I have an "inventory" list, that doesn't show me all of the stuff i own and where its at in my inventory.. Equipment (305 STD engine ) > where ever it is.. (i know that's a program nightmare.)

But it can't click on Battlemechs > Mech > Mech details > can't see True details either.. (you can see what modules, but not the engine??) (No engine = no play, no mod = mmmm play.)

Tell me again how this is 100% complete..
For the love of god, you gigged us for clan pack I/II, and the burnt mech packages..
all to put the smoke and mirrors over the CW Delays..SOOO seeing how we have to wait for that.
Put Community Warfare on hold for another week.. And fix/ Finish the U Lied 2.0.

Edited by Aurrous, 23 September 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#2 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

Can I ask an honest question, before it's lost in the chaos that's sure to ensue?

Why do you have a STD305 engine?

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostAsyres, on 23 September 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Can I ask an honest question, before it's lost in the chaos that's sure to ensue?

Why do you have a STD305 engine?

Posted Image

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

I know where my engines are. How about memorizing tonnage/rating speeds? Obviously you looking for a max speed slightly above 71 kph on a 75 tonner. It really can't be that difficult.

Also check your mech detail screen again, the installed engine is clearly visible.

Posted Image

Edited by Spheroid, 23 September 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#5 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 23 September 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

I know where my engines are. How about memorizing tonnage/rating speeds? Obviously you looking for a max speed slightly above 71 kph on a 75 tonner. It really can't be that difficult.

Also check your mech detail screen again, the installed engine is clearly visible.

Posted Image

I shouldn't have to click to this pointless screen to see the engine size.. (this screen is another post.)

Before i point out how painful this is.. to click your way through 75 mechs.. to find the one with the right Speed - speed tweek - get the real speed - do tonnage / speed calculation to see if it might be there how about this..

How about this example.. 1 first.. ( I don't even have to click on 3 other screens to get to the one you pointed out.) Maybe if this was on the home screen with a configure button, Loadout Button and some other quick use bottons, i wouldnt have to look for it on the details screen, then click out of that screen because its useless, and then click into the load out.. If only there was a way, to make this simpler....

Posted Image

This screen shot is everywhere... just add 350 XL..

Secondly... I don't know how about this..
Posted Image

Kind of puts the memorize tables thing in perspective a bit..??
You click on a mech in inventory > you see the inventory of the mech??
From there you can sell it?!
Cuts out the other menu options.. as they are now..
I should also point out.. the CONFIGURE BUTTON, SKILL BUTTON, READY BUTTON.. Really should be by the SELL button...

Again.. just examples of how this could be much easier on the user..

Edited by Aurrous, 23 September 2014 - 01:38 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users