Fix The Launcher

11 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the new map and all the other stuff in the patch all of you've worked very hard on.

That being said,

Could you fix the *&#$%* launcher?

Everytime there's a patch the game won't start and we're forced to run the repair tool which is not only irritating but resets all our customizations to default.

#2 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Not that the launcher shouldn't be fixed, but you can back up all of your settings/customization before you run the repair tool.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 23 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#3 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

To quote the wisedom of Big Worm...

"It's the principality of it Smokey!"

Thankfully the repair tool fixed it for me last time, (fingers crossed it works this time as well) but i know people who simpley haven't been able to play.

They've fiddled with the files as suggested in the forums by devs, they've reinstalled the game, they've run the repair tool several times and nothing. It's going to start costing them players at some point.

#4 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

??? Out of the 3yrs I've been playing, I've never had to run the repair tool. maybe/most likely its your computer.

#5 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Been playing since early beta, never been an issue prior to the last 2-3 patches.

#6 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostRogueLdr, on 23 September 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Been playing since early beta, never been an issue prior to the last 2-3 patches.

When I started having trouble and had to run the repair tool, I ended up having to replace the hard drives, not long afterword. Might want to check them out just to be safe.

#7 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Been playing since early beta,

4months b4 it went live isn't really "early beta" lol
more like late duing the OpenBeta.

Edited by Kahnawake MechMaster Prime, 23 September 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#8 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

weeeelll, i see someone is a profile stalker lol

My point is, been playing this game for a good amount of time and never had an issue prior to the last 2 patches or so.

And whilst i appreciate the concern over my hardware, (seriously i do) it's not my machine. Every other game, (of which there are many hehe) runs fine.

Let's not derail the point of the thread please.

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostRogueLdr, on 23 September 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

weeeelll, i see someone is a profile stalker lol

My point is, been playing this game for a good amount of time and never had an issue prior to the last 2 patches or so.

And whilst i appreciate the concern over my hardware, (seriously i do) it's not my machine. Every other game, (of which there are many hehe) runs fine.

Let's not derail the point of the thread please.

I wasn't trying to derail the thread. I had no problems with the launcher or other games before I started having to use the repair tool either, nor did I have problems with other games after the issue started. The disks in my RAID started failing afterword. Since I replaced the HDDs I haven't had an issue with the launcher.

#10 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 23 September 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

4months b4 it went live isn't really "early beta" lol
more like late duing the OpenBeta.

Yeah May 2013 really not early Beta. I started 6 months earlier than you and I still wouldn't call that "Early" beta. Maybe early open beta, but I'd say closed beta players are the only ones who can claim "Early Beta".

#11 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

/facepalm

Actually wasn't talking about you Bilbo, was refering to the people who keep bringing up how long i've been playing as if it has anything to do with what i said.

Fine if it'll get things back on track i'll amend my statement. "Been playing since early-mid open beta" and never had this issue.

Happy? Can we focus now please? lol

#12 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Run a Chkdsk, and a Defrag, also try something like the CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner)

Had this problem a while back and did the above and (knock on wood) no problems for a while now.

As computer components get older they lose data, HDD sectors go bad, RAM chips going bad are known to lose packets as well. Most other programs can recover and figure out what it was doing when it loses a piece of data. the MWO patcher seems to be very vulnerable to losing data. not sure why, i don't know if its the .PAK format or the way the patcher runs..., not a programmer, i know enough about computers to get myself into trouble :lol:

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users