#41 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Don't forget to check legs, got a nice kill on a Daishi in my Founder Catapult with 4 medium lasers by cutting off both his legs. (Though, he was engaged with another target, but he shouldn't have stripped his legs so much!)

#42 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

I'm trying to get the Big Lifter (or whatever the 2,500 Heavy Assists achievement is), but when I'm piloting my Deathknell or Ember, that slow-waddling whale makes me drool.

In my Tbolt? I drool out the OTHER side.

#43 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Since the Lights hover around 7% in the queue, I've been paying more attention to them lately(you get instant matches).

I quickly realized that this Dire Wolf epidemic is actually awesome for lights. Especially on big maps, these whales are last to leave the spawn and you can actually catch up with them before the join their group. Not realizing pressing W is salvation, these whales turn around at the slightest provocation and consequently doom themselves to death. Their team either messes up their positioning to turn back or just ignores the calls for help, netting my team a free Dire. What's more hilarious is it's so easy to 1v1 these whales with a nimble light.

If you're a Dire pilot and you're reading this, do not drop below 70 leg armor. Do not alt-tab during the loading screen and come back 30-40s into the match, I will find you and I will make sure you die a horrible death.

#44 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I had a 7 kill match in my Ember last week. I need to dig up that screen shot and see how may Direwhales were on the enemy team. Odds are there was a DWF or 2.

#45 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostTahribator, on 01 October 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Since the Lights hover around 7% in the queue, I've been paying more attention to them lately(you get instant matches).

We'll get rewarded for piloting a light mech soon too with the new rewards on the way.

Updated Reward System
Since the implementation of the Queue size window, we have been working on an improvement to the reward system to help promote the use of Medium and Light 'Mechs. What we have done is rework the rewards table by adding some brand new rewards, as well as adjusting how the current ones work. Once implemented, it should represent a moderate improvement to the Role Warfare pillar of MWO.

ETA: Oct 21st or Nov 4th patch.

#46 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 01 October 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

or Nov 4th patch.

It is going to be one of the most awesome birthdays ever.
(Did I just admit that? woops)

#47 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 September 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm loving this.

My personal favorite kills/deaths:

First drop in my Direwolf on June 17th. Flamer Locust zips by, and then proceeds to BBQ me, until I died of it.

Running around in my Ember, ran into a DWF on Alpine, in the J8 I7 area. I use my JJs to jump on top of the DWF, and then proceed to burn it with my 4 MLs while sitting on top of it. Poor ******* didn't know what to do. It was probably the most frustrating death in MW:O's history. Second only to death by non-stop ramming for 5+ minutes.

Oh good Lord you really used his landing pad as an attack platform!?! You sir are an a**hole ;)

#48 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

I will find you and I will make sure you die a horrible death.

nasty. very nasty.

#49 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 01 October 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Oh good Lord you really used his landing pad as an attack platform!?! You sir are an a**hole ;)

Yes Sir :D

Posted Image

#50 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 September 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm loving this.

My personal favorite kills/deaths:

First drop in my Direwolf on June 17th. Flamer Locust zips by, and then proceeds to BBQ me, until I died of it.

Running around in my Ember, ran into a DWF on Alpine, in the J8 I7 area. I use my JJs to jump on top of the DWF, and then proceed to burn it with my 4 MLs while sitting on top of it. Poor ******* didn't know what to do. It was probably the most frustrating death in MW:O's history. Second only to death by non-stop ramming for 5+ minutes.

That was you? All my team did was LoL at me about that!

#51 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 October 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

That was you? All my team did was LoL at me about that!

That was you? I am sorry about that Metus.

#52 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

never killed a dire in a light but love the poem

#53 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 October 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

That was you? I am sorry about that Metus.

"All is fair in love and war"

So no harm, no foul. I've done mean thing in MWO to lights with a Dire Wolf too, call it karma.

#54 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:28 PM

My personal record vs a fresh whale is 6 seconds. Could probably do it faster now that I've got SRM cooldown 5.

I've considered going for a slow and painful kill (or even leaving them alive with no arms, one leg and one ST) but that wouldn't be nearly as fun now that allchat is disabled.

#55 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostWraith 1, on 03 October 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

My personal record vs a fresh whale is 6 seconds. Could probably do it faster now that I've got SRM cooldown 5.

I've considered going for a slow and painful kill (or even leaving them alive with no arms, one leg and one ST) but that wouldn't be nearly as fun now that allchat is disabled.

You can re-enable it in the options screen.

#56 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostTahribator, on 01 October 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

I quickly realized that this Dire Wolf epidemic is actually awesome for lights. Especially on big maps, these whales are last to leave the spawn and you can actually catch up...

I heard crying Whale pilots read a book series called, 'Left Behind'. Something about the end of the world...

#57 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 04 October 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

I heard crying Whale pilots read a book series called, 'Left Behind'. Something about the end of the world...

It's not, it's about how to cope with your team being jerks leaving you at the mercy of a locust, then being jerks that your not there to help them against the OpFor...

#58 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 October 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

It's not, it's about how to cope with your team being jerks leaving you at the mercy of a locust, then being jerks that your not there to help them against the OpFor...

Gotta love those "special" cases.

#59 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

if a Dire (Whale) Wolf is alone and you are piloting a light (or any 90kph+) Mech it is usualy possible to solo one, I have killed many, including 1 time in a legged SDR-5k (the Champion build) one on one against a fresh Dire Wolf, I could not believe I won that, it was only because the obviously inexperienced player overheated every time he fired anything (looked like he was alphering a near stock prime build, on Tourmoline). unfortunately a good Dire Wolf pilot knows the value of having backup.

In the Solo queue Dire Wolves are relatively simple to kill one on one but in the group queue people seem to do a better job of covering their assaults and the Whale can be terrifying because the Whale Guards general prevent you from outmaneuvering/flanking it while doing everything they can to force you into its field of fire

#60 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Crimson Straight, towards the end of match. Me in my Commando 3A, ran into a Dire Wolf by himself in the open. Ran up to him and set my throttle to walk beside him exactly as fast as he could turn. Burned out one torso, ran behind to the other side and repeated through the second torso. Typed "Commando > Dire Wolf" into all chat. Kicked my feet up while my teammates finished the last guy on the other side of the map. B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users