#21 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 23 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Pls make the crab a walking gorilla, I want that **** TANK and powerfull with lotsa PEW PEW power. I'll just destroy it if it isnt. **** you cry baby **** tards out there who will ***** and moan for the nerf just like they did with the Dire Wolf and before that the Atlas, and bfore that the Stalker. Its like everytime som1 gets killed by a mech they suspect is OP and think they are leet **** theyll come here bitching and moaning on the forums thinking its their right to ask for a nerf. Well **** you ********. Go **** urself. ty

I rarely support such a post. But +1 -- although, I guess you could do without, what I presume is, foul language. :D

It's true tho. So many people complaining about the Vulture and it's not even all that great what my matches against it and with it. Everyone wants a level playing field and the reality is, that's not fun or compelling gameplay. Taking "sub-par" mech's and doing work with them is what makes it fun. People say the Summoner is garbage, yet I see them out there pulling 800+ damage matches. I've heard the cries about the Nova being garbage and I see them doing the same. Maybe not as frequently, but it happens.

That's the choice we have as a player. You can take an Atlas with it's huge burst alpha or a Direwhale that can just sandblast you to death. It may feel overpowered when one gets on you but the reality is, everything can strafe around them or run away. Not to mention, everyone else is always targeting you if you're piloting one of these.

The KC is going to be a formidable opponent. It's going to be scary, even for the "OP" assaults. But, like everything... it has it's weaknesses. It's your job as a pilot (or one in training) to learn those weaknesses and expose them, taking down the larger, more vicious mech. Working as a team if needed, focus fire, chipping it away little by little as it strolls across the open.

This goes for all mechs. Sure, a Jenner or Raven can run around me all day. Let them expose their backs to a dual gauss and it's a 1 shot. Or if I get their leg, it's over. It's just how you pilot. It's easy to focus on charging in and laying down firepower, then coming to the forums to say "omg I unloaded everything into a (insert mech) and it killed me first." Who's to say he wasn't using his targeting info properly and finding those weak points in your mech, while you were just spraying damage at him?

A day like today was expected. New mech, new map. People have been complaining that the map is stupid or whatever. They hate it. Some love it. I for one love it. Once you get used to it and familiar with your surroundings, you will find it's a lot of fun. Being in a JJ capable mech makes it even that much more fun as well.

#22 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Won't matter.. the (IS) pilots will be about 600m from the clans and we will fry the King Crabs face off.. I'm bringing my own butter for this one..

#23 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

Please, make KGC walk only sideways)

#24 Maaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostDuncan Jr Fischer, on 23 September 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

This ^ ^

#25 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

OT but I don't want to start a new topic: Does anyone know if the ManOWar-Collection counts as a "top tier", i.e. will I get a free King Crab?

#26 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostAnimus, on 23 September 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hi,

To preempt all the crying, I wanted to post about the King crab, if you can put 3 AC20s on it that are not burst fire. There will be alot of 1/2/3 shot kills.

Please nerf the crab into a crab cake now because our clan mechs need to be more powerful.

Thanks,

Christ, the nerf whine has already started and it is not even in game yet. Nerf whine is out of control in this game. The sorry and sad thing is that PGI listens to it.

#27 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 23 September 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

It was only bad if you were the one driving that hexastalker...just saying :)

Oh god, I remember that mech. It was borderline useless.... but HILARIOUS fun.

View PostI Zeratul I, on 23 September 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

So! When is the 5 gauss hero mech of the annihilator coming?

AKA - gausszilla.

Somewhere, TheB33f started salivating, and didn't know why.

#28 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostBrixx, on 23 September 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

OT but I don't want to start a new topic: Does anyone know if the ManOWar-Collection counts as a "top tier", i.e. will I get a free King Crab?

Yes, it does!

#29 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

I am actually worried the king crab will be DOA as its default setup is 2x AC/20.

What's that ghost heat ruined you? GG.

#30 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hi,

To preempt all the crying, I wanted to post about the King crab, if you can put 3 AC20s on it that are not burst fire. There will be alot of 1/2/3 shot kills.

Please nerf the crab into a crab cake now because our clan mechs need to be more powerful.

Thanks,

Where do you the notion get it can run 3 ac20? I like fantasy zone (alot, japanese sega Saturn version is arcade perfect!) but your in fantasy land!

Edited by Johnny Reb, 23 September 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#31 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostDuncan Jr Fischer, on 23 September 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

0° torso twist
Throttle up/down makes it go left/right
+50% turn speed
Can swim in water
Can burrow in sand

Edited by Sergeant Random, 23 September 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#32 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PostGlythe, on 23 September 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

I am actually worried the king crab will be DOA as its default setup is 2x AC/20.

What's that ghost heat ruined you? GG.

I am wondering though...

A Jager CAN fire both A/C20s at the same time without shutting down, but it is right at red line. Then it has to wait to fire another single A/C20 (or resorts to it's lasers). That is why the pilots single shot the A/C20s in quick succession.

A King Crab should have a Lot more cooling potential than a Jager, Could it dual fire it's A/C20s maybe twice in a row (even with ghost heat)? Even if it alternated shots, it should be able to sustain that fire without over heating for quite a while (especially cooler maps). I bet even at 30% heat built up it might be able to get away with a dual A/C20 shot without over heating (but would be really close).

I don't know how bad ghost heat will hurt an Assault with a lot of cooling potential. We will just have to see I suppose.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 24 September 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#33 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

They nerfed the King so much cant play it anymore :( PGI please buff dat crabs back!

#34 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostSergeant Random, on 23 September 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

0° torso twist
+50% turn speed
Can swim in water
Can burrow in sand

Exactly! And no speed penalty for such 'deceleration'.

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 24 September 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#35 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostSergeant Random, on 23 September 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

0° torso twist
+50% turn speed
Can swim in water
Can burrow in sand

Too bad MWO doesn't have crouch. I would totally hide in the River City/That Map with Red Water and when something pops close to me on my Seismic Sensors... SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

YOU GET A KING CRAB, YOU GET A KING CRAB, YOU GET A KING CRAB!

EVERYONE'S GETTING KING CRABS!

#37 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

King crabs should be able to do a lovely flamenco dance and clack it's pincers together like castanets. :wub: pgi pls

#38 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostDestructicus, on 23 September 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

it's funny because 90% the "hur dur nerf X" cries come from the IS
Yes I admit the Timberwolf needs a nerf, but you're calling out the wrong people.
In any case
Ghost Heat will keep the KC from being all that effective.

What will not be effective about coming around the corner and ripping the torso off an Atlas in 1 shot? Or coring out most of a medium in 1 shot? Seeing as IS ACs are still PPFLD, the KC will be amazing, able to boat 2 AC20s and the ammo and DHS to boot.

Aside from the moments when you get put on Alpine or something, but beyond that, I dont see why it wouldnt be down right amazing. Most matches in this game are, or end up as, brawls.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 24 September 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#39 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks,

You were beaten to the punch by Lockwook IIRC! ^_^

#40 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

Everyone will just attack it's weak spot for massive damage. Just like you would do with any other giant enemy crab,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users