26 replies to this topic

#21 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 24 September 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Russ and no dev has actually stated what the nerf will be. I don't think it's instant destruction like IS XL's.

I believe the nerf is losing a side torso will result in the central engine losing heat sinks. Like if it has 8 in the engine, losing a side might result in you losing 3 of those heat sinks. So thats pretty big for the clans, since they all mount Missiles and energy weapons besides a few builds.

#22 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Was, wave 1 worth it?

#23 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

The Hellbringer will be useful I think. The rest are very niche. I would expect the wave 1 mechs to serve better in most cases.

Will they be fun? Sure. Are they going to overtake any of the wave 1 mechs? Highly unlikely.

#24 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostZanathan, on 24 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the informative posts so far. I'm now leaning towards the Loki package based on all the information here although I wasn't even aware there was a new IS package coming along. Is this in the coming months or most likely 2015?

@Mystere: Well I don't mind accumulating the mechs over time (I'm a pretty patient player) so it's not time or money thats important here rather having a way to support PGI. I could just drop another $40 or so here and there but at least this way I get some cool mechs ahead of time while I'm at it.

Russ has said he is seriously considering adding another IS package for future releases and for "purists" to get the King Crab since they cant get overlord of legendary founders anymore. Its not 100% confirmed but its very likely to happen. I reckon the announcement should be coming within a month but the mechs wont be introduced for a while-i would guess the first would hit in january unless PGI already had people working 4 IS mechs and they only need to make them in to a package, but since they're so all in with CW and wave 2 clans i think thats unlikely.

#25 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

The Mad Dog Is fun as hell! :D

#26 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

It's all a crapshoot until they are released. I bought it for the same reasons I bought the Masakari and Overloard packs, and the dozen Hero mechs I have:

1) I have more money than sense
2) I am irrationally compelled by the 30% C-bill bonus even though I rarely spend C-Bills
3) I can never settle on one mech to play, so I must play them all
4) I will never play enough to save enough C-bills to buy all the mechs, even with premium time and 30% cbill bonus mechs
5) The T-Wolf is still the #1 Heavy mech imo. I have the Mad Dog and it doesn;t do anything that the T-Wolf can't do better
6) The Loki's ECM capability will probably have me playing it over the T-wolf, even though it will not be as effective damage wise
7) I'm hopeful that one day the matchmaker will be able to take tonnage into account. Perhaps players could pick 4 mechs that they are willing to play in that drop, and the matchmaker arranges the teams according to tonnage and weight class.

#27 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 25 September 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

It's all a crapshoot until they are released. I bought it for the same reasons I bought the Masakari and Overloard packs, and the dozen Hero mechs I have:

1) I have more money than sense
2) I am irrationally compelled by the 30% C-bill bonus even though I rarely spend C-Bills
3) I can never settle on one mech to play, so I must play them all
4) I will never play enough to save enough C-bills to buy all the mechs, even with premium time and 30% cbill bonus mechs
5) The T-Wolf is still the #1 Heavy mech imo. I have the Mad Dog and it doesn;t do anything that the T-Wolf can't do better
6) The Loki's ECM capability will probably have me playing it over the T-wolf, even though it will not be as effective damage wise
7) I'm hopeful that one day the matchmaker will be able to take tonnage into account. Perhaps players could pick 4 mechs that they are willing to play in that drop, and the matchmaker arranges the teams according to tonnage and weight class.

Like of like me but not quite have money despite not having any sense. Would love to own the entire clan pack but $360 is just too much. Still at the end of Wave 2 I will have $200 invested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users