Logged Off At Beginning Of Mine Collective Map

59 replies to this topic

#41 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

As soon as you start to freeze. just alt-tab it should fix it.

This often happens to me on this map during the first minute.

#42 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

View PostAbivard, on 15 November 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

That does nothing.

And the fact that you're just accepting that you have to alt-tab and that freezes are somehow a part of a map is baffling to me.

PGI has to fix their map. It's that simple.

#43 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

View PostAbivard, on 15 November 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

Alt tabbing doesn't work for everyone, and like Vass says, the fact that there is a map where such a huge percentage of people have so many issues means the map itself is fundamentally broken and should be pulled from rotation until it is fixed.

I like the map too, but it's not worth the trouble it causes, and every one of us in Kong just go "UGH" whenever we get this map due to the technical problems.

#44 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

Crazy the problems you guys have. The game is stable in every aspect for me for months. Never had such problems.

If you all would write down your settings (DX9 or 11, graphics settings) and PC specs I'm sure there would be something all you would have in common.

#45 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 November 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

That does nothing.

And the fact that you're just accepting that you have to alt-tab and that freezes are somehow a part of a map is baffling to me.

The fact that you would rather sit in a corner crying and waiting for PGI to fix something (good luck with that) rather then trying a workaround so that you may go on playing is baffling to me.

I guess quitters are just going quit when ever the ride isn't smooth as silicone.

#46 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostAbivard, on 15 November 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

The fact that you would rather sit in a corner crying and waiting for PGI to fix something (good luck with that) rather then trying a workaround so that you may go on playing is baffling to me.

I guess quitters are just going quit when ever the ride isn't smooth as silicone.

The fact that you completely fail to read and realize Vass has tried all these workarounds and nothing ****ing works is baffling to me.

View PostTexAss, on 15 November 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

Crazy the problems you guys have. The game is stable in every aspect for me for months. Never had such problems.

If you all would write down your settings (DX9 or 11, graphics settings) and PC specs I'm sure there would be something all you would have in common.

Just because you never see any problems does not mean they aren't real.

#47 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 15 November 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

The fact that you completely fail to read and realize Vass has tried all these workarounds and nothing ****ing works is baffling to me.

Wow the world revolves around this Vass person who is the only person that has ever had problems with this map!
Hmmm, Does he know you feel that way about him?
Oops, if not well, I guess he does know now, lol

Are most things baffling to you in Life?

#48 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostAbivard, on 15 November 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Wow the world revolves around this Vass person who is the only person that has ever had problems with this map!
Hmmm, Does he know you feel that way about him?
Oops, if not well, I guess he does know now, lol

Are most things baffling to you in Life?

Yes only vass has problems on this map, nevermind the fact that I and other posters in this very thread have had the exact same issues too and you completely ignore this and pretend everything is fine.

Edited by QuantumButler, 15 November 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#49 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostGrandKlaive, on 25 September 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Every game I have been in for the mining collective its the same thing just as mechs are about to move out I get kicked out of the system. I have to reopen MWO and log back in to the system. I have already run the patcher repair tool and its comes up nothings wrong. I hope you read this as I tried to submit a ticket. I was unable to because it would not allow me to choose a category, and would not send the request off.

View PostLava Lamp, on 25 September 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm experiencing this same issue, exactly as OP described, only happens on new map.

View PostBigbacon, on 26 September 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

same here.

View PostFallengrace, on 26 September 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

same here guys...

View PostGigaPing, on 27 September 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

I've crashed to desktop twice already. Thats never happened before. It freezes completely leaving a still image then 10 seconds later... the entire game is forced closed to desktop. I can restart and rejoin.

View PostVolkodav, on 27 September 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

The same problem (

View PostVulture77, on 28 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Same issue, but usually about 30 seconds into the match.

View Postxeromynd, on 29 September 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Exact same issue, repair tool does nothing to help. Video drivers are always up to date.
I've crashed every drop without fail.

I think the most annoying aspect of this is that I and many others reported this issue when we played the map on PTS, and it is clearly not fixed (along with MANY places to get stuck, I won't get started on those). I also get FPS drops on this map and an occasional FPS hiccup that's noticeable while walking around.

View PostShlkt, on 29 September 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

One of my friends experiences this issue. His client crashes every time we play the new map. It doesn't happen immediately, though - the crash occurs several seconds after the match starts. After reconnecting he is able to play the rest of the match normally.

View PostChapeL, on 29 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Posting this here because there seems to be something odd happening at the beginning of this map. While others are crashing out of the game I get the old bug that used to be frequent last year where, the game "freezes" and I have to alt-tab out and back in to fix it. It doesn't happen every time but often enough to make me think there is an issue there.

View PostStellarDust, on 01 October 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

Same issue here.
However I've noticed (while trying to figure out what's happening with the system) that if I alt+tab at the beginning, open task manager and then watch as other mechs start to move, client doesn't crash.
Drivers are up to date. I haven't tried the repair tool, yet.

Intel Core i5-3570K, 8GB RAM, GTX570 on Windows 8.1

EDIT: Repair tool didn't fix the issue, alt+tabing doesn't always help either. Crash occurs randomly, but only on this map.

View PostDraven Darkshadow, on 01 October 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

I had no issues like this at all but a mwo player i know has an issue when he loads up certain maps(terra themal) as well including the factory. i do know that he has 4 gigs for memory which i believe can cause a number of issues.

i do have a 12 gig system i7-920 setup with a radeon hd 7700 on the windows 7 64 bit ultimate, so my basic guess is mwo is eating a lot more memory while running these maps

only time i crash out is when i leave the client running for over 12 hours in the bg and it sometimes gives me the memory error ctd

Yeah, no one is having problems, totally.

You should go see the optomotrist about your blindness buddy, I think you might need glasses.

#50 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 15 November 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yes only vass has problems on this map, nevermind the fact that I and other posters in this very thread have had the exact same issues too and you completely ignore this and pretend everything is fine.

I see reading comprehension is something else that baffles you, as well as consistency in your fallacious arguments and insults.

First this was all about just Vass' problems, does he know you have disavowed him as your one true concern and are now interested in others? well, that is really beside the point and your own personal affairs are yours.

It doesn't seem to matter to you that I and many OTHERS that also have this SAME PROBLEM can and are helped by my advice to try and alt tab.

But it seems as if your of the view that if it doesn't help you they should just shut -up?

Sure thing Richard, we wouldn't want you to get your panties all bunched up would we now?

#51 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 15 November 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

[size=4]

Just because you never see any problems does not mean they aren't real.

when did I said they aren't real smartass?

#52 Marcus Piston

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Dec 1st 2014 and I am experiencing this same problem. Strange thing is that I did not have this problem on my older system which is running on windows 7. I was having issues with that system so I brought my newer system home with me and now I have this trouble under windows 8.

#53 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Try deleting the cache folder while the game isn't running and then launching the game (cache folder will be recreated). If you have some corrupted data in there, it could be buggering things up.

#54 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

I've seen this a fair bit too, most often in dwf-s. Occasionally I find that if I alt-tab to windows then back to the game, I can resume, but not always. Often I have to kill the client from task manager, very occasionally I have to hard-reboot the PC.

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 November 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

That does nothing.

Not really. It could well be a problem with some device driver or something. You're over-simplifying.

#55 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

i took a break from mwo some time ago [before release of new maps]
on tmc map my screen freeze [ i still can hear my mech moving/stoping/shooting] every time and after a few seconds it just closes without any error or anything.
no problems on testing grounds.
i tried to play it smart. after few games in a light mech when i got this map i hid [movement took me about 10 seconds] just to avoid getting cockpitshooted by lights when they notice someone got disco, and waited for crash for a minute.
nothing.
crash always got me within 30 seconds from powering up.
so i tough i got lucky this time and moved out.
it crashed 5 seconds after i moved out from cover.
well played, well played...

it must be karma.
all my friends got texture problems from time to time on frozen city and i never got it. not even once.
so now i have problems none of them have.

update:
no longer crash [3/3 games] since last patch.

Edited by Ustarish, 03 December 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#56 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

I suppose this is still happening...

#57 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

people pick this map just to crash people and my game just crashed this map needs to be removed from play until it doesn't crash people. and now because my game crashed i have to take a blasted penalty even though I did not leave REMOVE THIS DAMN MAP!

Edited by KursedVixen, 04 March 2016 - 08:21 AM.

#58 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 04 March 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

people pick this map just to crash people and my game just crashed this map needs to be removed from play until it doesn't crash people. and now because my game crashed i have to take a blasted penalty even though I did not leave REMOVE THIS DAMN MAP!

The map is fine, it was fixed a long time ago. The problem is more likely on your side. Check your drivers, and try swapping between 32/64 bit clients and DX 9/11 settings. You might even want to drop your graphics settings down to free up some system resources. MWO is not a thoroughly optimized game, and it is especially taxing on your CPU and RAM. If your PC is more than 5 years old, consider replacing the whole thing (that's an if, no idea what your machine is).

#59 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostEscef, on 04 March 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

The map is fine, it was fixed a long time ago. The problem is more likely on your side. Check your drivers, and try swapping between 32/64 bit clients and DX 9/11 settings. You might even want to drop your graphics settings down to free up some system resources. MWO is not a thoroughly optimized game, and it is especially taxing on your CPU and RAM. If your PC is more than 5 years old, consider replacing the whole thing (that's an if, no idea what your machine is).

Echoing this: there was a really bad memory leak on this map in the early days, but it was fixed in a patch about a year ago. It's fine now, so if you're having this problem, like Escef says, it's likely on your side.

That said, this map IS a memory hog - not everywhere, but there are a few points where the map begins to resemble stop-animation.

#60 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

support@mwomercs.com

Send them description of the issue and your dxdiag.

I had this issue on Mining Colony when it first came out too. I opened a ticket and in the old days, ran the repair tool and switched to 64-bit and it resolved.

Good luck!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users