You Want A Mad Dog? What Have You Done For Us Lately?

84 replies to this topic

#1 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

It's nice that PGI is rewarding those players who buy both the Wave I & II Clan collections but what about those players who have spent more than $360 in the past year? Yes I know that for those people, my self included, there are a lot of goodies coming to them, Cent, Atlas and the King Crab etc, but I really don't want to spend another $120 bucks to buy 4(5) mechs when the only Wave II mechs I want are the Hellbringer and Mad Dog. It just seems that this particular carrot (Mad Dog) comes with way too big of a stick ($360). If the MD had been a bonus for buying the complete Wave II collection I would not be so bent out of shape about it but PGI has made it so that from now on players will have to buy new collections offered in their entirety so that you do not miss out on "SOME COOL ASS MECH" that might be offered sometime down the line.

PGI, "You did A in the past year? Great, here's you Cent. You did B this past year? Thanks, here's your Atlas. You did A,B,C and D,E,F? Holy crap! Here's your King Crab and 2mil creds and........and......this cupcake. Thanks for the support man. Seriously, thanks. What's that? You want a Mad Dog? Well what have done for us in the last 2 months? Thought so. Sorry."

Is this post sour grapes on my part? Yes, just a bit but I have spent on the plus side of $500 in the past year in support of this game because I enjoyed most of it. I just think that tying an exclusive mech to the purchase of $360 worth of mechs offered in 2 collections over 2 months apart is kind of a snub to players that have supported the game for a lot longer than those 2 months.

Edited by Animus41, 25 September 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#2 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Jeeze man, it'll be free in 4 short months.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

You might need this:

Posted Image

#4 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostEyeOne, on 25 September 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Jeeze man, it'll be free in 4 short months.

Posted Image

#5 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Dont be a baby about it and it will work out.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

ya in 4 months after all the clan nerfs(and one sided buffs) its going to be really bad

#7 EvilDogPL

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Will I be able to purchase the Mad Dog later on? Only mechs I like to play would be the ones I bought which are. New wave Man o war collection, Orion Hero, Jagermech Hero and The mad cat (la carte collection) Than I wuld enjoy a Mad dog (volture) a buschwalker, anihilator, Avatar. I dont want to spend 360$ for the Masakari collection and another ??$$?? for another and another collection. Ive spent about 250$ so far and I think thats alot for a video game. I dont like any other mechs from the masakari besides the mad cat.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostEvilDogPL, on 25 September 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Will I be able to purchase the Mad Dog later on?

Yes.

#9 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

If there's one thing PGI has taught, me it's patience. 4 months seems like a long time away, but in reality it's just ten weeks away from hearing about how CW is only 3 more months away, then another month where they tease you about some long-awaited IS chassis, a week or two of hinting that they might put out a jungle map by 2016, and before you know it...BAM!!! Your Mad Dog will be available for cbills.

Don't worry. With PGIs dev cycle, you could go into a coma for six months, wake up, and just ask for a quick rundown on nerfs and you'll be right back up to speed.

#10 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

You don't deserve it. /ggclose

#11 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

We've been over this already
Good for you, paying over $360
You know what you get?
The new Centurion.
Why can't you be happy with the fact you get something free instead of whining?
PGI didn't have to give anybody jack in the first place

#12 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Oh man, I've been waiting for a post like this. I once agreed with your stand point. I formulated, what I thought at the time, was a logical post outlining that because no other (I) invasion variant had been the carrot on the stick that the Mad Dog should'nt be either.

My argument was that the (I) variant should be available a-la-carte and another variant with a different paint job should be offered. But alas, my logic was shot down with arguments that I was an entitled brat and that I shouldn't get anything special.

They were right! I upgraded my wave 1 a-la-carte and then bought the man-o-war package. Now me and my (I) variant mad dogs get to run 6 x SRM 6 / 4 x CEML builds! The thing is a sexy beast and I'm a cool kid now with neat badges and a new sense of "entitlement."

You see, it's not that I don't want you to enjoy one of the most awesome looking mechs in the game, it's just that I'm better than you because I spent more money.

In short. Don't be a cry baby and fork up the cash punk.

/end sarcasm.

Edited by Dread Naught, 25 September 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#13 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

If you think it's bad value, don't buy it.

You could not buy anything with c-bills for 4 months, take that 100 million c-bills to buy them all the day they come out for c-bills.

Unless you think that next year, there will be an even better bonus available for anyone who has bought all the packages at the max level...

I'm not buying it either, don't sweat it.

#14 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

ya know i was actually really stoked for the maddog and i was almost ready to buy the wave 2 pack mostly just to get it

but then i had a bill come up so i have to wait until next pay but now that the initial OMG COOL has worn off and ive seen the mech in game (its not that pretty) i still want it but not enough to buy wave 2. I can wait for the cbills one

it would help if i had any interest in the base wave 2 mechs probably.....

#15 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Sometimes I worry about how hard people work to have something to be mad about.

The Mad Dog is an incentive to spend money on the clan packs. If you don't want to do that it will be available for Cbills in a few months. I understand that it is kinda lame to have to wait but they gotta pay the bills somehow. Making people wait is one of the ways that is accomplished.

#16 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

I don't see what to be sour over. Don't want to spend money for the Mad Dog early? Then don't spend money for the Mad Dog early. The Clan packages are a bit too pricey for me, and some of my favourites have already been released/are announced. My Dire Wolf just came out Tuesday, and I waited just fine because they weren't worth $55 to me. My favourite Clan mech, the Hellbringer, comes out in March. Its not worth $55 for three months earlier access to it, at least to me, so I won't get it a la carte. I think that the Tier 3 package is too expensive for getting the mechs, early or not, so I won't get it. I did buy Tier 4 of the Phoenix Package because I looked at it, and thought that all of the mechs, plus the goodies like premium time. If I didn't think it was worth it, I wouldn't buy it. If you don't think that the Mad Dog is worth all that extra, don't get it. PGI is giving the Mad Dog out for free, which they didn't need to do, to people who bought top tier of both Clan packages. You're getting top tier of both, plus the Mad Dog. Your beef is with the Clan package pricing, and if you don't want think its worthwhile, just don't get it. While I've expressed that the clan packages are too costly for me, I don't ***** about how I'm entitled to its contents on my terms. I suggest that there might be price elasticity benefits to it, and if prices aren't changed, for whatever reason, it just rolls of me like water off a duck's back.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 25 September 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#17 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

I was hoping that there would have at least been a discount for those of us who have purchased into all of the packages thus far rather than asking for a full $120 on top of the large quantities of cash that we have already paid in.

The Cent seems like a joke as that mech was in game during Closed Beta and they took it out in favor of a cash grab Yen-Lo-Wang. The Atlas IMO will probably be meh, i mean heck what special thing can they do with the hardpoints, after-all it has nearly the same bloody loadout as all the others. Id be excited about the King Crab as that is the first ORIGINAL free thing they have given me for my $1500+ support but its just another Meta mech and doesnt really have a unique flavor. I mean is it really bad to give the founders/overlords/Invasion supporters a 10-15% (30-45% if you got all 3) discount per package they purchased? If they did this i would be more inclined to actually get Wave II but as of right now, with the state of the game i dont feel another $120 is worth another set of mechs.

Edited by Outlaw, 25 September 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#18 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostJTSR, on 25 September 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

ONLY $500 plus LMAO I know I'm over a K ($1000) but then i have my MADDOG :D you obviously don't want it bad enough.

i will repeat what i said in another thread how many console's do you own and did you buy them new?

Last count i have
1 x Nintendo master system cant remember what that cost new
1 x PS1 cant remember what that cost new
1 x PS2 at $200 ish bought new
1 x Xbox at $400 bought new
1 x Xbox 360 white at $400 ish bought new
1 x Xbox 360 Black at $500 ish bought new
1 x PS3 at $600 bought new

now thats not including each game at a rough average of say $80 or on line accounts subscription fees.

my point: MWO is cost wise not even in the ball park yet of being expensive and they are truly getting better in my opinion and they have been expanding the game and continuously doing so with CW etc coming.

so taken in perspective all the cry's about cost of MWO are unrealistic in comparison to console gaming.
remember its a real time all around the world so it has to be compared to those equivalent games.

I like how you're comparing value between a single game and complete game systems with actual hardware and a bunch of games to go with that. It's like comparing a single book with a library that has books in them.

#19 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostAnimus41, on 25 September 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well.....at least your honest with yourself and your reasons for the butt hurt :P

#20 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostTorgun, on 25 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I like how you're comparing value between a single game and complete game systems with actual hardware and a bunch of games to go with that. It's like comparing a single book with a library that has books in them.

It all depends on the value you get out of it. Regardless of what it is. I've spent more on MWO than any single game ever. But I've also played more MWO than any other single game. Even you Halo 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users