You Want A Mad Dog? What Have You Done For Us Lately?

84 replies to this topic

#41 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

For me, the issue isn't "gift", it's "lack of ability to purchase." If it were included in Wave 2, I'd have sprung for it.

#42 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 25 September 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Stuff like this should be rewards based on the amount you spend on the game, not the purchase of very specific, limited-time-only packages. But that's me.

Its not just you. Its what makes the most sense. Money to the company is money to the company. The ones that spend the most should get the most.

#43 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

View Postdario03, on 25 September 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Its not just you. Its what makes the most sense. Money to the company is money to the company. The ones that spend the most should get the most.

yeah but it's not the way things are, you can keep complaining about it though, nothing is going to change.

PGI owes you nothing, this "the ones who spend the most should get the most" is straight up entitlement.

You got what you spent your money on, nobody need to give you anything in the first place.

A certain criteria was set and you did not meet the criteria for the awards you wanted, you still got something, but not what you wanted.

Edited by Destructicus, 25 September 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#44 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostDestructicus, on 25 September 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

And I already told you in your "It's not fair" thread that it's a matter of principle.
The same points people made there are the same ones people are going to make here.

In fact I'll get the ball rolling with something I posted in your thread

The one that really stuck with me is this last one by Badkarma, this is a dude who has spent a lot of money on this game purely because he loves it and he's happy with what he's got and getting free stuff on top of that just sweetens the pie.
We should all strive to be like Badkarma, just being happy and stoked about what he's getting and what he's already got.

How much was the phoenix reinforcement pack? With all purchases - except that one as I do not remember how much it actually cost, I'm looking at $1,181.25.

Edited by Kassatsu, 25 September 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#45 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 25 September 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

How much was the phoenix reinforcement pack? With all purchases - except that one as I do not remember how much it actually cost, I'm looking at $1,181.25.

80 for overlord, I'm thinking 30 for saber, I have it, I can't believe I forgot

#46 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostDestructicus, on 25 September 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

80 for overlord, I'm thinking 30 for saber, I have it, I can't believe I forgot

Overlord definitely wasn't $80. I'm thinking either $120 or $240? I might have calculated the overlord pack wrong, but I do not want to go through my MC purchase history and count each individual purchase AGAIN. It's pretty close though, +/- $120 max.

EDIT: Wow, it was $80. I'll take $120 off and assume I calculated overlord as $240, also assuming the saber pack was $40 (might have possibly been $60 but I'll play it 'safe' here)... So $1,061.25. Was using clan package pricing to make that assumption. Will google first next time, couldn't find an image of the price of the saber package though.

Edited by Kassatsu, 25 September 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#47 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 25 September 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Overlord definitely wasn't $80. I'm thinking either $120 or $240? I might have calculated the overlord pack wrong, but I do not want to go through my MC purchase history and count each individual purchase AGAIN. It's pretty close though, +/- $120 max.

EDIT: Wow, it was $80.

you got 120 from the Saber package they tacked on

#48 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Description: Saber Reinforcements
Payment Method: P3
Amount: USD$30.00
Transaction Date: Wednesday, August 28 2013

Description: Overlord Package
Payment Method: P3
Amount: USD$80.00
Transaction Date: Wednesday, June 26 2013

That was the pricing for those packages, I am not going to get in to the whole epeen thing of posting how much money I have put in to this game, because of last night I bought yet another Warhawk package for a Clanmate. This whole stamping your feet and jumping up and down asking for this round of rewards to be changed because you don't meet the specifications laid out by PGI is well...*sigh*

View PostKassatsu, on 25 September 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Why count it again, just select it all and open up google docs or excel and paste each page in and run a =sum() at the end and vola!

#49 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 25 September 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

That was the pricing for those packages, I am not going to get in to the whole epeen thing of posting how much money I have put in to this game, because of last night I bought yet another Warhawk package for a Clanmate. This whole stamping your feet and jumping up and down asking for this round of rewards to be changed because you don't meet the specifications laid out by PGI is well...*sigh*

Lets not forget that wave II pack I added for said clanmate :D

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 25 September 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#50 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:24 PM

I've spent over $500 on MC, Phoenix package, Kit Fox package, and Stormcrow ala carte, but I'm not eligible for the free mad dog.

I'm okay with that, because after getting burned with two worthless chassis in the Phoenix pack, I wasn't going to fall for that again. :)

#51 Ghillie Dhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

DEFRENCE OF GRATIFICATION .......

#52 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostAnimus41, on 25 September 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

It's nice that PGI is rewarding those players who buy both the Wave I & II Clan collections but what about those players who have spent more than $360 in the past year?
You wish you got the required package to have been given the free Omni. What about those of us who Spent $260 in a single week?

What about those of us who thought about spending money?

The qualification is you have to have bought X. I have spent more than enough money to have earned a King Crab, I didn't buy Phoenix though, so NOSOUPFORME!

I'll just take my Atlas and Centurion and be happy they gave me something for just being here!

#53 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

Loyal customer. Loyal player. One of these is appreciated.,,learn the difference.

#54 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 September 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

You wish you got the required package to have been given the free Omni. What about those of us who Spent $260 in a single week?

What about those of us who thought about spending money?

The qualification is you have to have bought X. I have spent more than enough money to have earned a King Crab, I didn't buy Phoenix though, so NOSOUPFORME!

I'll just take my Atlas and Centurion and be happy they gave me something for just being here!

What if you didn't like the Atlas and Centurion and were going to sell them anyway, and had been waiting years for the King Crab (I) (a special geometry variant)? Would you be happy then?

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

Well, they should make a loyality counter, Everytime a player spends X amount of MC, no matter for what, or X amount of $ (because pakcs are not savailable fo MC) he gets something. Like lets say a specidfic mech, or cockpit item or such. These rewards if kept exclusively would probably also motivate some poeple to spend Money on the game.

#56 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostWolfways, on 26 September 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

What if you didn't like the Atlas and Centurion and were going to sell them anyway, and had been waiting years for the King Crab (I) (a special geometry variant)? Would you be happy then?

I would accept that, I do not qualify for the "special edition" King Crab, and wait for the C-Bill versions to be introduced. So... No I would not be happy, but I would not feel I deserve/earned the gift that has the qualifications clearly spelled out.

#57 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 25 September 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Lets not forget that wave II pack I added for said clanmate :D

Nice..... I am looking for clan mates to team up with for the coming CW. I have the time to grind mechs, I just don't have the cash to drop on the packs. If you want another clan mate that will grind out and master all mechs, I would be happy to be your clan mate :-)

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 25 September 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

While I agree that PGI giving stuff away is awesome, yes it is their company to do with what they see fit.

Btw,

THANK YOU PGI, RUSS, AND OTHERS FOR GIVING THIS CONTENT TO US, THE ONES YOU FEEL DESERVE FREE STUFF. MOST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR THE ACTIVE PART YOU HAVE TAKEN IN RESPONDING ON THE FORUMS AS OF LATE.

SERIOUSLY IT IS APPRECIATED AND A WELCOMED AND A NEEDED CHANGE. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I have spent only around $60 dollars on this game to date. I love Battle tech, since the age of like 8, table top and mini's for me!

Bishop, I see your point of view, but I also know how this game feels, the pay model that PGI has gone with. The grind it takes to get the mechs that one wants. However, I also see another point of view, and it is embedded deeply within myself. Growing up as a gamer, and as a table top gamer, painter, I have seen the extreme cost of "niche" markets.

The pricing of everything in this game are just insane...... Seriously. Its just feels dirty! I still am a firm believer, that prices could be dropped a min. of 50% across the board and have the same sales that they have now of that price, and PGI would do just fine. I think their sales would in fact increase by a min. of 30%. While that might not make up the income gained by selling everything for 50% more, the player base would love them for it. It creates good will, and some what of a sense of fair value for what their players are buying.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. As a gamer that has over 25 years under his belt gaming, This pay model just feels so dirty, so different from what we used to get as gamers. Real content, single player that does not need the servers to drop into and play missions against AI. It just seems to me that if we choose to spend hard earned cash on this game, if it ever goes south for any reason, we are just leasing all these digital toys. I think to sum it up that is what I have a problem with the most.

As a W40K fan, avid collector and painter, even with the insane prices of games workshop mini's and rule books/games, at the end of the day if they ever shut down shop, one would have all the content they have bought, figures, rule books. This would allow one to continue to enjoy the Hundreds or thousands of dollars they have invested with their friends. This would allow them to still game.

If this is where new gaming is going... I don't want to be apart of a lease system at the price they are charging. I love BT, I want to see this game turn into what we all want and believe PGI can turn this into. I feel sorry for you guys that have blown all this money on this game if it turn out that this is all we are left with. If you are ok with spending $500-$1000 dollars to lease digital toys, colors, camo patterns, I am happy that your income is so great or that your principles allow you to part with your cash to obtain a lease on such things.

At some point, common sense has to kick in, at least one would hope that it would. I have spent around $60 bucks in the last year..... for where we are at with content, seams about right to me.

I look forward to a day, and I appreciate that Russ and company are open to single player content might make it into the game yet. Hopefully, a plan can also be put into place so we will all have access to all this content we have grinded and paid real money for, even if the servers shut down and this game is dropped.

Having that is the only way I can justify spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a hobby.

Oh, I'll get my moneys worth even if they shut down. Thousands of hours of play and a lovely 3D library to use at Shapeways with a little tweaking.

#59 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 26 September 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Nice..... I am looking for clan mates to team up with for the coming CW. I have the time to grind mechs, I just don't have the cash to drop on the packs. If you want another clan mate that will grind out and master all mechs, I would be happy to be your clan mate :-)

tl; dr buy me clan mechs

#60 pulupulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

Mad dog is just average. Why didn't you ask for a mad cat? So much better. TC's lack of ambition bothers me.

*post pic of "son, you disappoint me"*

Edited by pulupulu, 26 September 2014 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users