36 replies to this topic

#1 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

Played a match today with my Mad Dog. After 3 kills and over 700 damage, I'm beat up pretty bad. I then come face to face with a Timberwolf. I manage to take off a side torso but he kills me. Then in all chat he makes the comment: "$360 mech, lol".

I found this comment rather... odd. It's not a $500 gold mech. And it is technically free (the other 12 mechs cost $360). So, was it spite, trolling, jealousy? He obviously spent money to get a Timberwolf. Anyone have similar jibes about your spending?

#2 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

the game is so much nicer, when allchat is turned off :ph34r:

Edited by Ens, 26 September 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostTastian, on 26 September 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Played a match today with my Mad Dog. After 3 kills and over 700 damage, I'm beat up pretty bad. I then come face to face with a Timberwolf. I manage to take off a side torso but he kills me. Then in all chat he makes the comment: "$360 mech, lol".

I found this comment rather... odd. It's not a $500 gold mech. And it is technically free (the other 12 mechs cost $360). So, was it spite, trolling, jealousy? He obviously spent money to get a Timberwolf. Anyone have similar jibes about your spending?
Yes. ^_^

#4 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Bitterness. Mad Dog isn't nearly as good as people say.

AND what business is it of his? I'm sure he would of bought mechs if he could.

Edited by Moonlander, 26 September 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#5 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

Pure envy I guess.
waste of money?

definitely yes!

do i love mine?
hell, yeah!

#6 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

View Postkesmai, on 26 September 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Pure envy I guess.
waste of money?

definitely yes!

do i love mine?
hell, yeah!

Then I guess it wasn't that much of a waste of money for ya then ;)

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

It's an awesome mech, but it's not P2W at all. And it's not a $360 mech - sure, you need to spend that to get it, but you're getting mechs for those $. The Mad Dog itself is free =)

#8 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 26 September 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Bitterness. Mad Dog isn't nearly as good as people say.

AND what business is it of his? I'm sure he would of bought mechs if he could.

Glass cannon-ish IMO. Good offensive loadouts, but very easy to decimate up close. The clan XL bonus makes it not suck.

When PGI decides to put some kind of speed/heat penalty in when clan mechs lose an XL side, this mech will be terrible, just the clan version of the Dragon. (except side torsos instead of CT).

But in a gorup, when you have a chance to push your heat and to shoot without getting beat up, it is nasty.

#9 Riverboat Sam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

I've found there is no shortage of poor sports in this game. I rack it up to them being immature young children. If you think about it. what adult would make a comment like that? No, I believe they're little kids that think playing the school yard bully is cool. If they annoy me I usually chat back that they need to mind their manners. If they say one more thing I screen shot it and report them.

#10 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

I play the Timber wolves, I'll admit I actively hunt mad dogs, other timber wolves, and Dire wolves. But I don't taunt or make fun of the enemy on public chat. Thats just rude, and I risk getting owned later on.

Using a clearly superior mech then laughing when you win is pretty stupid as well. Like laughing at a crippled spider when a Dire wolf with twin gauss's explodes it's face.

#11 Corduroy Rab

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationI'm not giving my location to some machine.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostEnlil09, on 26 September 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

I've found there is no shortage of poor sports in this game. I rack it up to them being immature young children. If you think about it. what adult would make a comment like that? No, I believe they're little kids that think playing the school yard bully is cool. If they annoy me I usually chat back that they need to mind their manners. If they say one more thing I screen shot it and report them.

You might be surprised. I'd imagine given what I've seen of this community so far that they were likely adults. It amazing what the internet does to otherwise normal people.

That being said I've found this community very pleasant overall. I recently added all chat and have not yet regretted it (as I do when i enable it when I play league of legends or world of tanks). I haven't been asked to commit suicide yet so that is definitely a plus

#12 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

I disagree with the current pricing. Paying hundreds of dollars for a 3D chassis that PGI can change at any will and it's reproduceable is just insane. But times were different.

By cutting he chains with the publisher IGP. The only positive thing is that PGI is that they're communicating now and need more money to develop more content. I really get their position now. But would prefer content for 'regular' prices.

Hopefully they will step a bit away from minimum viable product.

But yet again. The pricing is too high. I cant afford one package...

But people are clearly to spend these huge amount of money. I support the positive development cycle of PGI now. I certianly hope they have changed. I think they do. And i want to shell out some money, but not for those prices.

Edited by Sarlic, 26 September 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

hes probably mad he doesn't have it ^^ I mean 260$ mech? NOPE; Gold mech is actually a 260$ mech. All other mechs of the packages are 10$ mechs. or maybe 55/3$ mechs or less dpeending on the a la carte prize they were bought with.

I lkik the mad dog, just a mech named MAD DOG with a constantly spinning sphere LOL, thats amazing, then I can drool my srms at people. WOAH lots of fun. Sure Timberwolf is better, but god, that guy above probably bought the TW because its Strong, otherwise why would one measure a mechs efficiency in $?

I wish I could build in such a gyro thingy in my Nova, on that side of the mech is only 2 strange oxygen bottles, they are boring.

#14 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

And it is technically free (the other 12 mechs cost $360).

You and my ex wife must have taken the same economics class.......................

#15 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

God, being tired screws up my english bad.

#16 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Don't pay attention. What's in it for you? Let that guy (probably some school-child) have his primitive fun and then bite his tongue when he sees End of Match screen. Judging by his comment, he is not worth wasting your time on him)

#17 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

He wanted you to touch his epeen.... Don't let him get to you, you keep rockin your Mad Dog and maybe tonight I'll see you in mine. :D

#18 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Jeasousy..................it's a ************.

#19 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostEnlil09, on 26 September 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

I've found there is no shortage of poor sports in every game.

Fixed it for you. ;)

#20 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 26 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

You and my ex wife must have taken the same economics class.......................

The proper term is "no additional cost". But "free" just sounds better and rolls off the tongue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users