$360 Mech

36 replies to this topic

#21 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

You've likely spent more than he has to keep this game running.

"You're welcome" is the appropriate response so such trolling.

#22 Reverendk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLike and subscribe to see videos similar to this one.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostTastian, on 26 September 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

I found this comment rather... odd. It's not a $500 gold mech. And it is technically free (the other 12 mechs cost $360). So, was it spite, trolling, jealousy? He obviously spent money to get a Timberwolf. Anyone have similar jibes about your spending?

The sad truth behind the high elo lifestyle is that more often than not, you see a lot of kids busting rhymes, but they have no taste. My advice to you, is to remember that a lot of players are unwilling to commit to the high elo play. In my own experience out there doing dirt and slotting floppies, I can tell you that the wackest crews try to diss, though it makes me laugh when my track record's longer than a DC-20 aircraft. True practitioners of the most effective drag reduction techniques know that petulant and uncouth responses will not win you any points or drain any brains.

Cheers,
R to the K
BFTSTTCF (Brothers front, they say the Tribe can't flow if you haven't done the reading assignment)
HELDCGGFTFFPOHITCE-GNPGCNTFCLEEWPA-JURSSRNPCR Clan

#23 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Definitely jealousy. I'm glad that got a Mad Dog (6 SRM6's - Boom!) and appreciate all that PGI has done recently for players. I've earned my money, glad I can spend it how I want, and am not a whit sorry about the fun I get from playing MWO how I want. And with over 6,000 matches played - and still enjoying - I don't regret a dime. Just my $0.02

#24 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Pure envy, I wish I was there to laugh at him.

#25 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 26 September 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Glass cannon-ish IMO. Good offensive loadouts, but very easy to decimate up close. The clan XL bonus makes it not suck.
When PGI decides to put some kind of speed/heat penalty in when clan mechs lose an XL side, this mech will be terrible, just the clan version of the Dragon. (except side torsos instead of CT).
But in a gorup, when you have a chance to push your heat and to shoot without getting beat up, it is nasty.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

#26 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

Was he piloting a Gold Timber Wolf? Maybe he was laughing at your pedestrian, measly 360$ mech while he trounced you in a 500$ one. That would be way more awesome.

#27 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

Jerks, Jerks everywhere.
The planet is full of them.
Pity you can´t tell his name - i would love to put him on my "special treatment" list.

Edit: This is why i wish we had a bounty system

Edited by Solomon Ward, 26 September 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#28 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

I found this comment rather... odd. It's not a $500 gold mech. And it is technically free (the other 12 mechs cost $360). So, was it spite, trolling, jealousy? He obviously spent money to get a Timberwolf. Anyone have similar jibes about your spending?

1st mistake,, thinking about anything said in game 5 mins after it ends.

#29 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Money has no value except the power it has to buy things that you either need, to better humanity, or which make you happy. If you're happy with the mech, then pay no mind to what others think. I'm pretty sure the people driving Ferraris don't care whether someone driving their Prius in the lane next to them hates them or not.

#30 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostGallowglas, on 26 September 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Money has no value except the power it has to buy things that you either need, to better humanity, or which make you happy. If you're happy with the mech, then pay no mind to what others think. I'm pretty sure the people driving Ferraris don't care whether someone driving their Prius in the lane next to them hates them or not.

PFFFT! $100k+ race cars...

#31 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

Anon used Internet Smack Talk! It's not very effective..

#32 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

honestly im not caring much for the maddog i mean ive loved it in every other game but in MWO it just runs so damn hot!!!

dont get me wrong im gonna make the mother F'er work but im gonna nick name them the saunamech

#33 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostBrody319, on 26 September 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

I play the Timber wolves, I'll admit I actively hunt mad dogs, other timber wolves, and Dire wolves.

I do this same thing. I usually go for the person running the same mech as me. I don't know why. It's just fun to see who can pilot it better. Sure, you have to factor in other people firing as well... still fun to do tho!

#34 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 26 September 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Bitterness. Mad Dog isn't nearly as good as people say.

AND what business is it of his? I'm sure he would of bought mechs if he could.

I'm still surprissed ppl expected something different than a Dragon with bigger guns...

Same weigth, same engine and only a bit more customizable loadout the only redeeming part of it for most of the playerbase it's the chance to build a Lurmlulre or a Splatdog variants.

I luv it and imho would be perfect with hexa arms ( yes im a deviant sinner) altought i miss not be able to fit larger engines but oh well that's what my Dragons are for.

#35 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

Played a match today with my Mad Dog. After 3 kills and over 700 damage, I'm beat up pretty bad. I then come face to face with a Timberwolf. I manage to take off a side torso but he kills me. Then in all chat he makes the comment: "$360 mech, lol".

Try hypocracy. To be piloting that Timberwolf at the moment the pilot paid at least $55 and possibly as much as $210 for the privilege. They are not as yet available for C-Bill purchases.

On another, related tack: are you enjoying the Mad Dog? That is what matters.

#36 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Enjoy your mech, man!

#37 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

People typically care way too much what other people do with their money. Don't pay any attention to the haters. They were probably abused children.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users