#42 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostIceman486, on 26 September 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

oh it's hardly a miss perspective. If KDR didn't matter too these people they would actually try to get more points by helping with the team instead of lrming to help themselves. That's what your perspective is missing. Use a laser and see how terrible you really do.

When used correctly, LRMs can help turn the tide of a battle. However, that usually requires some level of balance in your group (IE, not EVERYONE with LRMs)

#43 tuffy963

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

Tis a shame these hero mech where not put on sale during this event. I may have purchased one...

#44 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 September 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Now that this thread is open I thought I'd move it in here.
[/size]

This mech does very well. While an AC/20 will do 40 damage in 4 seconds, twin AC/10s will do 40 damage in 2.5 seconds. Add in a large laser and pew. So long as there aren't any LRMs, this thing pretty much trumps what it encounters when it finally arrives.

Slow Quickdraw is a generally dead Quickdraw,and the DPS on AC10:s is not that great,you can use XL280,AC10,ASRM12 and 2 medium lasers for a bit better alpha-strike,dont forget the cooldown modules.

Dual AC5:s with streak backup,medium lasers and tier 5 cooldown modules are deadly too(no need for uacs anymore).

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 27 September 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Slow Quickdraw is a generally dead Quickdraw,and the DPS on AC10:s is not that great,you can use XL280,AC10,ASRM12 and 2 medium lasers for a bit better alpha-strike,dont forget the cooldown modules.

Dual AC5:s with streak backup,medium lasers and tier 5 cooldown modules are deadly too(no need for uacs anymore).

Better alpha, but not a better pinpoint.

#46 Caboosegg

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWigan, UK

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

i didnt realise there was any published figures on most and least bought heros? were can i find this info?

this weekend is great its just given my iv4 a new lease of life and a reason to be in my mechgarage other than it cost real money :D

#47 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

PGI'S advertising and market department are not very bright light bulbs to be sure. If your going to have a event and want to sell these inferior hero mechs your add should be.

(It's new! It's exciting! It's the LANCE OF HEROES Weekend!
These 4 Heroes will be receiving an additional 20% C-bill boost to their Hero Bonus; Earning an amazing 50% C-bills boost for the weekend.
This C-Bill bonus applies in any and all public matches played over this weekend while using the following 'Mechs:)

AND NOW THE BEST PART YOU CAN BUY THESE HERO MECHS WITH FREE MECH BAYS FOR 50% OFF!!!!!!!

As you can see it would have given players a real good reason to buy these mechs instead they will probably ban me like the rest of the smart people still trying to playing this game.

Edited by PappySmurf, 28 September 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#48 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostCaboosegg, on 28 September 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

i didnt realise there was any published figures on most and least bought heros? were can i find this info?

this weekend is great its just given my iv4 a new lease of life and a reason to be in my mechgarage other than it cost real money :D

There's not, folks are making assumptions.
These are 4 of the 5 newest hero mechs though, so likely they've been purchased less than, say, the Ilya or Misery or other older heroes.

#49 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Also, some, if not most of them are bit 'meh'.

The Anansi is great for spider lovers.
The St. Ives is new, but Vindis are a little underwhelming (even though I own them).
The IV-Four I don't really know much about, but I haven't seen many of them.
The Hellsinger? Looks a bit derpy, and I haven't seen one.

This is what most people will be basing their opinion of Hero popularity.
Anansi and St Ives Blue are OK, the other two not especially popular.

#50 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm happy as I was an early adopter for the St. Ives.

Back to the common complaint of the thread, these aren't on sale as they are still too new, which I guess leads me to ask does anybody know what was the gap between release of earlier heroes and when they first went on sale (whatever discount)?

#51 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostOvion, on 28 September 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Also, some, if not most of them are bit 'meh'.

The Anansi is great for spider lovers.
The St. Ives is new, but Vindis are a little underwhelming (even though I own them).
The IV-Four I don't really know much about, but I haven't seen many of them.
The Hellsinger? Looks a bit derpy, and I haven't seen one.

This is what most people will be basing their opinion of Hero popularity.
Anansi and St Ives Blue are OK, the other two not especially popular.

The Anansi is ok, and at least allows you to pay to avoid piloting the 5V. Has some fun builds, and Narcs pretty well for an ECM-less mech.

I agree Vindis are underwhelming, but the Blue is at least the second best one (the 1AA is the best, both because they have larger engine caps)

IV-Four? Yeah, slow quickdraw isn't my idea of a desirable mech, but it can pack a punch. If the Quickdraw gets some helpful quirks or a size adjustment, it might become a pretty good mech.

Hellbsinger is one of the best looking mechs in the game (Paint job is awesome on it). Layout wise, it's OK, though the Torso makes an SRM boat a possibly fun idea, and it has high mounted energy points like all BLRs.

#52 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

Heh, literally the match I was waiting to load when I made my last post, I saw my first Hell singer.
It died in front of me, protecting my Vindicator from certain doom. (which followed around a minute later).

I'm finding the 1x? Best, with an lbx10, 2mgs and 2mpl.
Might get the Ives on sale just because the 2 energy variants are identical

#53 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Even though I didn't make the most of this (I do not own any of those four), I think it is a great idea to give temporary bonuses to less used mechs. I would love to see this applied to class-entry mechs such as the Locust, Cicada, Dragon, Awesome... Something to bump up the variety is always welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users