Gargoyle New King Of The Battlefield

349 replies to this topic

#101 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

I really hope for few things in Gargoyle designs:
  • They in PGI should understand the point Lily has mentioned: Gargoyle loses TW, WH & DW in most aspects →
  • Thus Gargoyle ought have useful quirks on its omnipods, (especially on energy ones, preferably).
  • 2-3 default modules slots would be really nice to have.

#102 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

King of the Battlefield? No.
A Worthy opponent? Probably.

#103 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

As it is going to suffer from the "Nova syndrome", i really hope they will add some armor strenght quirks to the arms, something that would be useful for Nova and Kit Fox too. They said that after the IS quirks they will do a balance pass on Clans too, so my hope still holds.

#104 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

I know there are terrible Dire wolf pilots but really guys who's not going to be able to hit an 87kph assault mech?
"If Gargoyle can attack from the side of Direwolf, and remain in it's side out of it's line of fire, Direwolf dies"
^ C'mon it's not that fast....

Edited by FearNotDeath, 15 October 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#105 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 15 October 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

As it is going to suffer from the "Nova syndrome", i really hope they will add some armor strenght quirks to the arms, something that would be useful for Nova and Kit Fox too. They said that after the IS quirks they will do a balance pass on Clans too, so my hope still holds.

They need to do quirk passes in unison, as opposed to doing one, then eventually getting to the other. The game is losing what competitive nature it has/had due to these lopsided balancing issues that are constantly going back and forth.

#106 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostFearNotDeath, on 15 October 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I know there are terrible Dire wolf pilots but really guys who's not going to be able to hit an 87kph assault mech?
"If Gargoyle can attack from the side of Direwolf, and remain in it's side out of it's line of fire, Direwolf dies"

But the Dire Wolf is that slow :P

#107 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 15 October 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

But the Dire Wolf is that slow :P

Stop trolling me with your Godgoyle!

#108 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostFearNotDeath, on 15 October 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Stop trolling me with your Godgoyle!

You shall see .. You shall see. :P

I guess you will enjoy my Zombie Gargoyle :ph34r:

#109 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Really dunno what you guys are arguing about.

DPS>agility - all the time. Except really BIG difference - aka jenner vs DakaWolf.

Except greatly fit Atlas there is NOTHING that can stand a DW face2face. And except lights/fast meds - theres nothing, that can kill DW before it turns.

There is kvazillion of mechs, who can take out DW/Atlas torso before they die, making it 50% useless.

Its always about location/ attention of DW pilot/ IQ of DW pilot.

DW can die in 2 seconds. Its the IQ of its enemies, what makes this possible.

#110 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 26 September 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Do you even Play Assault mechs or bother to look at the hard points? It will have one good load out you can make with being a 8 point laser boat. the other maybe a in your face brawler with **** for ammo. A Decent mech yeah maybe, a Dire wolf killer lol your a troll. So I will warn everyone else not to feed you.
Executioner had a chance with or without MASC but until then all hail and worship dire whale *for clan assault.

The only troll I see is you.... You smell funny too...

#111 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 September 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

Well, i feel i am going to love it. Not only because it is a Wolf 'Mech and most common Assault. It has defects, but it is fast enough to keep up with heavies and mediumds as already said, and with a XL engine it will have an unprecedented agility for an assault. It will just run around a Dire Wolf blasting its sides and back without being tracked by the Dire Whale. Just saying.

View PostKelesK, on 27 September 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Dethroning the Dire Wolf is monsterous assumption to make. The Wave 2 chassis are mostly glass cannons anyway.

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 September 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

No need to dethrone it. Dire Wolf, Warhawk and Gargoyle are all different chassis with different capabilities, pros and cons and, i dare say, different uses .

View PostBront, on 27 September 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Timberwolf moves just as fast, has better hardpoints, and can mount more of them, at the cost of at most a ton of armor.

Warhawk can go almost as fast, has more armor, and can mount more weapons.

The Dire Wolf is the Dire Wolf.

Gargoyle's niche is in a fast assault group, but if you don't need the speed, the other 2 are better mechs.

View Post101011, on 27 September 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

So...like the Victor, then. Right. That worked out well <_<

What I really want to see is the BEHEMOTH!!!! I think it just might have the capabilities (pilot skill depending) to dethrone the Dire Wolf. Meh... Just a thought. =]

P.S. And the Berserker!!! Woot! ...sorry, too much caffeine.

#112 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 01 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

I run this on one of my SMN, and works awesome in that. Put it in a more armored mech and you will start to make some very sad future Crabpeople.

YUMMY!!! I just love eating crabs!.....um... that didn't sound right.

#113 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostThe Advisor, on 02 October 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Yeah... no. I guess you haven't heard of the Dual AC20 Jagermech. You know that tank that goes around bashing your armor to a pulp in seconds (I killed a Timber Wolf, Direwolf, and a Catapult in one match and still had ammo left over in my Boom Jager). Yeah nothing new. All King Crab is going to be, is good target fodder aka only moves at 32 KPH. It will be dead before it can claim its title. My Boom Jager moves at 60 KPH.

Sorry but I did the math as well as many of you and in all of BattleTech until Omega (I think) Timber Wolf has no equal in damage delivery and has no equal in Heavy Mech department at all. It has as much armor as most Assaults, Weaponry to beat them, and speed of a Medium. It wins every time. I has no equal.

LOL, your hilarious! You may challenge me any day. I eat Timbers for breakfast...and second breakfast...don't forget brunch...and Lunch...Then theirs second Lunch...and Afternoon Tea!

#114 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostFearNotDeath, on 15 October 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I've done it to an Atlas (normally faster than a Direwolf) in an 80ish KPH (std 100 engine if you must ask) Locust with only 4 SRM tubes total... That was an edge of my seat kinda fight. (Would have killed the Atlas if someone else didn't come over to "help", distracting the Atlas from me. Got himself killed and repositioned the Atlas to be able to... oops. There I went too.)

I'm just saying... It will depend upon how the Gargoyle handles overall in the game. If it isn't responsive enough and agile enough, that speed alone wont save it. (As you had said, who can miss an 80kph assault mech, especially if it isn't very nimble.)

View PostCarthoo, on 15 October 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

Except greatly fit Atlas there is NOTHING that can stand a DW face2face. And except lights/fast meds - theres nothing, that can kill DW before it turns.

I actually created a Banshee 3E that was suppose to be a stand in of another build for my King Crab (for a certain someone else earlier in the thread conversation). It was set up with dual AC5s, dual AC2s (which, with two tons of ammo equaled the weight of a Dual Gauss) and two PPCs (what I theorize may become the "Meta-crab"... "Meta-king"? Dual Gauss with Dual PPCs). I actually decided on a whim to run it as is, dual AC5s, dual AC2s, dual PPCs, and a slow engine. Funny thing is... It's been ripping faces off opponents, including Direwolves... (They keep seeming to hit my arms and blowing them off a lot.)

View PostSandtiger, on 15 October 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

LOL, your hilarious! You may challenge me any day. I eat Timbers for breakfast...and second breakfast...don't forget brunch...and Lunch...Then theirs second Lunch...and Afternoon Tea!

Yeah. I liked how the King Crab had to stay in it's stock configuration, against his customized Jaggermech... Thing is, the dual AC20 Jager vs the dual AC20 King Crab would have the same threat/engagement ranges... Meaning each could return fire at the same time. Speed being mostly (in many cases) irrelevant (unless he snuck behind the King Crab, which is situational cause same could be said in reverse).

Oh, and Hobbit much? B)

#115 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 15 October 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I actually created a Banshee 3E that was suppose to be a stand in of another build for my King Crab (for a certain someone else earlier in the thread conversation). It was set up with dual AC5s, dual AC2s (which, with two tons of ammo equaled the weight of a Dual Gauss) and two PPCs (what I theorize may become the "Meta-crab"... "Meta-king"? Dual Gauss with Dual PPCs). I actually decided on a whim to run it as is, dual AC5s, dual AC2s, dual PPCs, and a slow engine. Funny thing is... It's been ripping faces off opponents, including Direwolves... (They keep seeming to hit my arms and blowing them off a lot.)

I believe ya, coz there are kvazillion of people running trial DW (why! why o god!) and even owners od DW had pretty bad builds/ skill even worse than mine.

In "Ravager" build I posted in dw builds, I am able to do 200-300 dmg in games where I die right on start (ambushed by meds, etc), 500-800 if I die in the first half and 1200+ if I survive whole game. Still consider myself nab, coz this is only build Im able to run those numbers with. Yet I see lots of daka 6xcuac5 DWs, lots of energy DWs and lots of full-gauss/lbx builds. Yet most of them are harmless - not sustainable dps, not able to aim, only short range fire abilities....they all seems to play as targets. Yesterday I faced 2 DWs alone and won, coz one hit alpha - missed and overheated, hit alpha second time - missed and died. And the other one was shooting 6 er med lasers only.

Its those people who make DW looks bad - so sure, DW isnt some "killeverything" mech without need of pilot, but you see few people who makes miracles in omniwep DW (aka 2x gaus/ ERLL, 2x LBX/LRM and x lasers) - but really only few. Then you see some pure daka wolfes pilots doing good....and then you got the majority of too carefull, too slow and too...not so good....pilots.

Long story short - wed need some elite pilots in other assaults vs elite pilot in DW to see, if its really the OP king of battlefield many are bit**ing about...

But I dont believe that trollgoyle has any chance of dethroning DW - there are 2 other candidates waiting, and much better suited for the job....Mad Cat and Mad Dog...

Edited by Carthoo, 16 October 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#116 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostSandtiger, on 15 October 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

What I really want to see is the BEHEMOTH!!!! I think it just might have the capabilities (pilot skill depending) to dethrone the Dire Wolf. Meh... Just a thought. =]

P.S. And the Berserker!!! Woot! ...sorry, too much caffeine.

You want a 'Mech to dethrone the Dire Wolf? Try the Bane. It is a standard Battlemech using Clan tech with 16 slots for ballistics. Triple LBX 20 and 13 machine guns? Why not?

#117 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

View Post101011, on 16 October 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

You want a 'Mech to dethrone the Dire Wolf? Try the Bane. It is a standard Battlemech using Clan tech with 16 slots for ballistics. Triple LBX 20 and 13 machine guns? Why not?

Not a single word when/ if we get Bane - but surely it will be one of the best when in game.

#118 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostTesunie, on 15 October 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I've done it to an Atlas (normally faster than a Direwolf) in an 80ish KPH (std 100 engine if you must ask) Locust with only 4 SRM tubes total... That was an edge of my seat kinda fight. (Would have killed the Atlas if someone else didn't come over to "help", distracting the Atlas from me. Got himself killed and repositioned the Atlas to be able to... oops. There I went too.)

I'm just saying... It will depend upon how the Gargoyle handles overall in the game. If it isn't responsive enough and agile enough, that speed alone wont save it. (As you had said, who can miss an 80kph assault mech, especially if it isn't very nimble.)

Yeah. I liked how the King Crab had to stay in it's stock configuration, against his customized Jaggermech... Thing is, the dual AC20 Jager vs the dual AC20 King Crab would have the same threat/engagement ranges... Meaning each could return fire at the same time. Speed being mostly (in many cases) irrelevant (unless he snuck behind the King Crab, which is situational cause same could be said in reverse).

Oh, and Hobbit much? B)

I think a little too much (if there is such a thing) ~Grins

#119 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostCarthoo, on 16 October 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Not a single word when/ if we get Bane - but surely it will be one of the best when in game.

Nice call! The Kraken! Awesome mechs and I think you may be right. =]

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bane_(Kraken)

Release the Kraken!!!!!!! ~Grins

Edited by Sandtiger, 16 October 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#120 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's actually 14 ballistic hardpoints. OK, it is still a dakka-dream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users