• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia somewhere...

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I was playing as Company Commander and saw that i don't receive any for being a Company Commander so i was thinking that if a player gets a kill in a sector that a Commander (Company and Lance) put an attack or a defend order on that sector then the Commander could get a get some points for it. They could get points if the Commander survives, he/she could get points, and when they die they don't get points. Or something along those lines. It would be nice if a Commander did get points, that's all i'm try to say.
Thanks for your consideration.

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

No. Then you have people fighting over being commander for extra points...

Commander should be volunteer only. And the only reward for being commander should be helping your team win.

#3 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Maybe if commander helped out a lot (rather than going afk and coming back at the end to see the team won or something), then maybe. Otherwise, no as Khobai has said, people might fight for the role then and do almost nothing to earn the C-bills.

#4 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

That is true, but you could have Premium players to get points as a Commander.

#5 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostZachMan119, on 09 January 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

That is true, but you could have Premium players to get points as a Commander.

PAY TO WIN

#6 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

There are ways to encourage good commanding. It involved points for the commander and the players.

However it is more something for the awards system not straight up cbill rewards because it has the capability to be farmed.

There does need to be more incentive to being a commander though i have to say.

#7 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 09 January 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

There are ways to encourage good commanding. It involved points for the commander and the players.

However it is more something for the awards system not straight up cbill rewards because it has the capability to be farmed.

There does need to be more incentive to being a commander though i have to say.

Yeah, it could be farmed I agree with that. And that players and Commander should get points.

Edited by ZachMan119, 10 January 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#8 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

And while we are on the subject of Commander, I was thinking there could be a all Lances order list (in Company Commander) as well as 3 different Lance order lists so the Commander does't have to use extra time setting orders for all Lances he/she could just click all and then set the order.

#9 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

How about they make the Move/Defend/etc icons transparent on the map. They cover up enemy triangles currently.

#10 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

So many things that could be done to improve this feature to be frank.

Thinking about it again it needs to be looked at on a higher level in regards to

- usability and interaction
- effectiveness
- rewards

This is in order of importance. If the system was much more usable and easy to manage as well as understand and interact with as a lance commander and a regular pilot too ... Then people will want to use it more just because it is designed well.

Effectiveness will promote usage because people want to win and be effective as a team. If the design is done well and it gives enough visual and audio cues to all players even the most mindless of players might follow orders more and lead to better cohesion and tactics.

Rewards, this is actually the last place to go as it is dangling a carrot in front of the paler only. They might be following this carrot across fields of gold and diamonds of amazing features, or they might be following the carrot across a more of, stinking manure ... They will still follow to a degree. At the end though they look down and see what they just trudged through and will evaluate the carrot with that in mind ...

#11 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostSug, on 15 January 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

How about they make the Move/Defend/etc icons transparent on the map. They cover up enemy triangles currently.

Yeah that sounds good also.

#12 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

Bumping this because the Company/Lance command rarely gets used and would add so much to gameplay. A slight CB bonus for the rest of the team going to waypoints or otherwise following commands is all that's necessary - winning a match already provides enough of a bonus.

The possibility of players taking the command spots and doing nothing just for the bonus shouldn't be much of a concern. however, considering that hardly anyone is using them now.

Edited by AntleredCormorant, 26 September 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#13 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

IMO the command console needs an overhaul and that's why we don't see people use it. Acting as a commander is useful, but carrying out orders via chat is easier than using the interface. Here's a few key suggestions:

* Commander should be able to mark targets as primary etc with a simple button press.
* Issuing commands should be done with hotkeys. So you press the hotkey for the folks you want to order, you press the hotkey for the command you want to issue, and you click the map. Done. All the hotkeys can be arranged around your left hand so they're easy access.
* Yes, the command orders completely obstruct the minimap (so do UAVs) and this needs to be rectified, IMO.
* Yes, the commander should receive rewards when his team completes attack and defend orders in designated map sectors. Maybe something like "quadruple rewards for all orders followed upon winning the match" This makes it so farming the rewards can only be worthwhile through genuinely successful commanding.
* Yes, involved teammates should receive equal rewards for completing orders.
* Achievements for commanders and following commands!

Afterthought: how about command is only available if you have a Command Module (new) equipped? So you have to pay GXP and CBills to get command in the first place, but it has the opportunity of paying itself off over time. Plus (opt.) it lets you drop strikes via the map. This provides incentive to be commander, but also a cost, therefore reducing the possibility that multiple people will be in a rush to take command before somebody else.

Edited by Tarogato, 26 September 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#14 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:04 AM

Could prioritize command spots to the higher ELO within, say, 60 seconds of the start of the match? If someone with a higher ELO wants the spot, you get outranked. And/or, as mentioned above, adding rewards for X amount of wins as a commander?

I think the interface is easy enough to use but it seems players need just a little nudge to actually take advantage of it.

I'm guessing folks will use it more as the game progresses.

#15 Grumman

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

I think command and lance command should be assigned automatically to those with the most experience (or some other criteria) but can be resigned from. This way it will be an honor to be selected and a challenge to attain. I would like this because sometimes I see people take command and no one listens but I cant blame them because I have seen some bad decision making. Automatically being assigned would give validation or officialdom to the commanders orders. An integrated Voice over I.P. system should also be added because we all know that voice is the best way to communicate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users