Jump Jets.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

I'm not a huge fan of jump jet use.. However, i can see with the new map that was created, not having them is a death sentence.. If the Hill climb Junk was not bad enough, making complete box maps with few ramps, and tons of dead ends to get trapped in just takes it to a whole other level of limits. Why did they have to be 90 degree walls mech high??

SO new rule, don't limit which mechs can have jump jets, and which mechs HAVE to have them..
between the hills climb and Poor map making decisions.. if we want jump jets, let us have them.. if we don't want them.. let us take then off..
Thanks

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

Let us make every mech the Timberwolf, and just get it over with.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hover Jets.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

JJ suck horribly right now and are just shy of useless heavy or assault and only so so good on a medium. However your are right, they are a big advantage on the new map. However this isn't than long range weapons being more useful on Alpine or Guass Rifles and other low heat weapons on Terra Therma. Basically sometimes your going to have the perfect mech for the job, sometimes your not.

Now lets move on to what your asking and my answer is no. JJs are absolutely not required on the new map. There is plenty of maneuver room for ground bound mech. Also it is suppose to be maze-like, that is how the map is designed. Your suppose to get easily turned around or find yourself in a dead end, that is what makes the map exciting, that and the fact that attacks can come from any direction at any time. If everyone had JJs then everyone would always be bypassing the terrain rather than just a few mechs and that would defeat the point of the map.

So NO with a big fat NO.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostAurrous, on 27 September 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm not a huge fan of jump jet use.. However, i can see with the new map that was created, not having them is a death sentence.. If the Hill climb Junk was not bad enough, making complete box maps with few ramps, and tons of dead ends to get trapped in just takes it to a whole other level of limits. Why did they have to be 90 degree walls mech high??

SO new rule, don't limit which mechs can have jump jets, and which mechs HAVE to have them..
between the hills climb and Poor map making decisions.. if we want jump jets, let us have them.. if we don't want them.. let us take then off..
Thanks

You have one map out of many that favors jump jets and you want changes to JJs ... again?

Frak! I think people will not be satisfied until all maps have inconsequential terrain.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostFupDup, on 27 September 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hover Jets.

The HGN HoverJets™ are so terrible...it's just funny.

You can barely get a Meter off the ground with max JJs.

#7 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostFupDup, on 27 September 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hover Jets.

That describes them pretty well. Jump Jets, should make you jump without the ability to hover. A powerfull burst that launches you. Would be more fitting to the name, "Jump Jet".

Edited by Eddrick, 27 September 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#8 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Blimpjets.

GroundScrapers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users