Do Ejections Now Have A Place In Cw?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Watch from 2m 6s. Thats what I am talking about. Ejection Seats are very much a part of Mechwarrior. Up until now its been said that due to them having no impact on gameplay (apart from looking cool as and adding tons of immersion) they haven't been included.

With the new CW game mode though you aren't limited to one mech, in fact the idea is to bring 4.

So why not put ejections in. In TT a pilot automatically ejects if something catastrophic happens to his mech (ammo explosion, CT destroyed, both legs etc).

The mech will then shoot him out and hopefully he lives to fight another day. You can opt to turn auto-eject off, in which case you decide when to eject, however this is a lot more dangerous, but it can mean you stay in a mech that is very much damaged but still able to fight.

Couldn't we have this in CW? Perhaps if a mech is destroyed and the pilot doesn't eject (hes turned off auto eject) then he plays no further part in the battle, regardless of if he has mechs remaining.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

I think it would be a cool thing to add because with a new respawning mode in the works there are going to be times when you want to switch. Otherwise leaving an opponent legged + stripped will be very powerful. I think the main issue right now is that the skybox isn't all that high above us in game and some of the things on the edge of maps would look funny from above.

Edited by Rouken, 27 September 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#3 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-dropship-mode/

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

While I admit that ejection would be a cool immersive feature in dropship mutuator mode, there are 3 other modes still looking quite provisional where either deliberate ejection or autoejection would be problematic at least.

So I don't think they would ( or should ) invest recources in something with limited use for the whole game.

#5 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:21 AM

Im glad others are thinking about this too. I was gutted when i found out that ejections weren't going to be in the game.

So I don't think they would ( or should ) invest recources in something with limited use for the whole game.

Provided that CW isnt terribad, once it arrives I cant see myself playing any other mode, unless its to grind. So I still think its worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users