#101 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostA Vieira, on 18 November 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

No need to be so slow.... :P
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a13111df3474cc

Been running 4 LPL + 1 ERLL on my Misery and it's a fun build.

The idea was standing in water when firing! :P

#102 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 November 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

You can run the build with SRM4s or 6s without issue. There is literally no reason to run with SRM2s, unless using a gigantic STD engine, or just too much ammo, more than is ever needed, or used in a match.

3 SRM2 have a faster rate of fire than 1 srm6

#103 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

View Postbar10jim, on 18 November 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

3 SRM2 have a faster rate of fire than 1 srm6

I was talking about multiple SRM6s, not just one SRM6.

#104 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

View Postlunticasylum, on 16 November 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

If you place your alpha-shots in the backs of other 'Mechs and never miss one, you might score something. :-)

yah it was a very fun build and you dident need to back shoot jest pick out a target big ones worked best then focus fire and watch other pilots run from you as you beat the snot out of them

#105 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

I once saw an Atlas with a Medium Laser, ACsomething, PPC, Largelaser, LRMsomething and SRMsomething. Literally one of every weapon type. I laughed so hard he nearly got away from my (then) PPC gun duellist K2.

#106 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 20 November 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

I once saw an Atlas with a Medium Laser, ACsomething, PPC, Largelaser, LRMsomething and SRMsomething. Literally one of every weapon type. I laughed so hard he nearly got away from my (then) PPC gun duellist K2.

Bind Medium Laser and Large Laser to 6, move your weapon selector to group 6 and use the left mouse key to fire the selected group.
Bind LRMs to 4, press 4 when locked.
Bind AC to 2, use it.
Bind PPC to 1, use it from a distance.
Bind SRM to 3 or 2 with AC (if AC20).
Bind Large Laser to 5 in case you need a long-range shot when PPC is on cooldown.

That is absolutely not hard to use and is effective. I got used to over 30 keybind combinations in other games.

Edited by lunticasylum, 20 November 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#107 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

A long, long, time ago, I used something similar to this to fight gausskats. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c130cabc33c9bea It was surprisingly successful for no reason I have been able to figure out.

#108 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostTim East, on 20 November 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

A long, long, time ago, I used something similar to this to fight gausskats. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c130cabc33c9bea It was surprisingly successful for no reason I have been able to figure out.

rapid fire at close range on a fast moveing target thats why i think i dont know if it was just the ones i was fighting but when gauss cats where big all the ones i fought had a hard time hiting fast moveing targets at close range

#109 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

#110 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Saw this yesterday. Stalker. 4 ERLLs. XL engine. Just. Why. xD

#111 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

2 LRM5's on a Commando. Facepalm.

#112 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 25 November 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

2 LRM5's on a Commando. Facepalm.

That used to be the old trollmando build. It was hilarious to see assault mechs try and chase it as it lobs LRMs at them like a fireball chucking wizard hopped up on PCP.

#113 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 November 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

wow jest wow

#114 Attish

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

One of my friends trolled with this build!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...51cb44cf9ed7402

He said he faced an Atlas who didnt shoot back on him cuz looked for the attacker who hit him with ac!

Edited by Attish, 27 November 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#115 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

OK, guys.. I really don't understand you.. It really look like, you was born as high skills pilot, or you forgot, that there was times, when you have no build-skills and/or no money/CB to buy the needed weaponary..

Or.. in the worst case.. you just want to make fun of those people, who are new, or poor, or like experiments, or don't really know, what to do, with a specific Mech to make fit himselfs.

I mean look this:

View PostMarmon Rzohr, on 25 November 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Saw this yesterday. Stalker. 4 ERLLs. XL engine. Just. Why. xD

The best posible answer is realative easy: Most of the Stalkers comes, with SHS.. For the most of new or lower skilled players, it is hard enough to buy it.. pretty sure, they have no 1,5 MCB for the DHS upgrade.. Such a player, just try to grind that money, with the equipments, what he has.. SHS.. With bunch of SHS + XL you can reach the same heatefficient, as with STD + DHS.. And of course, with 4 ERLL you don't even need to go in brawl-distance.. 600+ m is fine... And you can poke-snipe, from even 1300+ m... So..

I don't get it.. a skilled player, why can't understand that instantly... and the top of that,... make fun of it?.. I really don't get it..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 27 November 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#116 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 27 November 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

OK, guys.. I really don't understand you.. It really look like, you was born as high skills pilot, or you forgot, that there was times, when you have no build-skills and/or no money/CB to buy the needed weaponary..

Or.. in the worst case.. you just want to make fun of those people, who are new, or poor, or like experiments, or don't really know, what to do, with a specific Mech to make fit himselfs.

I mean look this:

The best posible answer is realative easy: Most of the Stalkers comes, with SHS.. For the most of new or lower skilled players, it is hard enough to buy it.. pretty sure, they have no 1,5 MCB for the DHS upgrade.. Such a player, just try to grind that money, with the equipments, what he has.. SHS.. With bunch of SHS + XL you can reach the same heatefficient, as with STD + DHS.. And of course, with 4 ERLL you don't need even to go in brawl-distance.. 600+ m is fine... And you can poke-snipe, from even 1300+ m... So..

I don't get it.. a skilled player, why can't understand that instantly... and the top of that, make fun of it?.. I don't get it..

I understand that you're trying to play devil's advocate, but your example doesn't make sense. If the player had enough for an XL engine that goes in a Stalker, he had enough for DHS. If he had the XL in stock, he would have had something else viable to drop in. 4ERLL is fine, but a bit light, so pairing it with the XL vulnerability for useless weight doesn't make sense.And XLs are expensive. That's what makes the build a headshaker.

Even if that were not the case, this is exactly what trial Mechs are for. Don't you go at me about having C-bills from the start - when I started, I was using stock trials. Then, there was no fault. Now, however, with decent trials available, and a huge selection besides, there is no reason to take such a cringingly underwhelming loadout in-game just because you lack C-bills. They handicap both themselves and the team, bringing something like that.

Not enough CB? Use trials. New? Any newbie worth his salt would check forums etc. first. Experimenting? There's a borderline between experimenting and plain insanity. Doesn't know what to do with a Mech? There's plenty of suggestions all over the web. There's no excuse. What kind of madman would take a Catapult into game with 2 LRM5s and nothing else?

What logic would lead someone to think he would be viable with two of the smallest weapons in-game?

Back on topic - I spotted a Stormcrow with a single SRM-6. He did pipe up afterwards saying he misdropped, though - which was certainly amusing.

Edited by Scurry, 27 November 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#117 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostScurry, on 27 November 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

I don't play anything.. I know it, because I am that kind of player.. Almost a year Iong, if I buyed a new Mech.. I have never enough CB for upgrades.. Never! And XL to buy? lol.. My XL280 was for example, from a 3D.. I had never enough extra money for a larger XL that time.. XL245.. that was my far best..

And.. Ye.. Trials... I have now about 40 Mechs.. but except the KTO-18, Dragon-5N, and Stalker-3F, I can't still find any other Trials, that I can use least a bit.. I spoke from low skills! And beside that.. If I buy a new Mech.. I grind for it some weeks long.. because, I want to play with it.. So, why should I play with a Trial instead?.. You really don't understand those people?... nvm..

#118 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 27 November 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

I don't play anything.. I know it, because I am that kind of player.. Almost a year Iong, if I buyed a new Mech.. I have never enough CB for upgrades.. Never! And XL to buy? lol.. My XL280 was for example, from a 3D.. I had never enough extra money for a larger XL that time.. XL245.. that was my far best..

And.. Ye.. Trials... I have now about 40 Mechs.. but except the KTO-18, Dragon-5N, and Stalker-3F, I can't still find any other Trials, that I can use least a bit.. I spoke from low skills! And beside that.. If I buy a new Mech.. I grind for it some weeks long.. because, I want to play with it.. So, why should I play with a Trial instead?.. You really don't understand those people?... nvm..

See, if you bought a new mech, you'd be running it with it's stock loadout, or slightly upgraded while you try and get the money to make the final build possible.

Some of these mechs seem to be final builds. With STD 400s in BLRs, allowing them to mount LRM5s only, plus maybe a couple of medium lasers. Things like that are what this thread is about.

#119 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 27 November 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

I mean look this:

The best posible answer is realative easy: Most of the Stalkers comes, with SHS.. For the most of new or lower skilled players, it is hard enough to buy it.. pretty sure, they have no 1,5 MCB for the DHS upgrade.. Such a player, just try to grind that money, with the equipments, what he has.. SHS.. With bunch of SHS + XL you can reach the same heatefficient, as with STD + DHS.. And of course, with 4 ERLL you don't even need to go in brawl-distance.. 600+ m is fine... And you can poke-snipe, from even 1300+ m... So..

I don't get it.. a skilled player, why can't understand that instantly... and the top of that,... make fun of it?.. I really don't get it..

There's about 2 mechs that start with SRM2s.
There's about zero reasons to equip SRM2s on anything, yet people keep doing it.

This thread is about people who put SRM2s, a single UAC, one ER PPC, and a TAG in their founder's atlas, and other similar monstrosities. A mere 'bad' build won't cut it for this thread.

#120 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 27 November 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Just because it can be understood doesn't mean that it can sometimes go so far off the deep end that it becomes funny. Besides, it's a choice. You make the choice to forgo upgrades and buy new Mechs instead. So you're not to blame for your own choice?

Ah, never mind, this is getting to derailing the thread. If you want to reply, let's do it in PMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users