#741 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 01 November 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

This is because the 'stock' 2H only carries one AC5. I'm not really sure why PGI gave it 3 hardpoints.

Most of the quirks are aimed at making 'stock-ish' loadouts more attractive.

Because of the SHD champion...which they should have done on the M anyway, but whatever.

#742 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 01 November 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

This is because the 'stock' 2H only carries one AC5. I'm not really sure why PGI gave it 3 hardpoints.

Most of the quirks are aimed at making 'stock-ish' loadouts more attractive.

Sometimes, sometimes not.

#743 imadoctor009

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

I am honestly a little scared for tomorrow and what the quirks will bring. One reason is I believe the quirks may be a bit to bold and at the moment look big and scary. On the other hand, this is the first patch bringing in these quirks to IS mechs and it is safe to assume that balance changes will be made appropriately.

The other reason is the weapon specific quirks. I agree with the application of the quirk system, but I believe that giving the current bonuses to specific weapons will pose a problem. one of the bonuses i think needs a carful look at is the amount of cooldown reduction given to specific weapons on a mech. The main reason for this is that cooldown reduction is a DIRECTLY affects the weapons damage and giving a specific weapon more damage that others can sometimes make other weapons builds completely nonviable or obsolete. Being able to customize and have different variations on a mech is one of the aspects of this game that make it great, but when you single out one weapon system on a mech and give it twice as much of a buff as other weapon systems, it makes that building any other way seem illogical. The locust-1V is a prime example of this. I am one of the rare few that uses a large laser on my lights because it has a .25 second shorter beam duration than the er large laser, meaning i don't have to stare at the enemy for .25 seconds less seconds and they have that much less time to react before I run behind cover. Unfortunately, because the Quirks on the locust are Er large laser specific, after calculating quirk values, elite skill perks, and modules, the large laser becomes only about .1 seconds shorter beam duration than the Er large laser but has a 0.8 sec longer cooldown. This gives the Er large laser a higher damage output than the large laser and even though it still has a shorter beam duration it is still obsolete in comparison. All in all i think that weapon quirks should stay general rather than specific to retain the ability to customize and have a variety in how to build your mech.

Edited by imadoctor009, 03 November 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#744 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

Ok; quirk for the AI mechs are good but for a light mech to take down a Atlas with 2 volleys or A medium Mech to do the same why have a Atlas or any Assulat Mech? :unsure: Can you fix please?

#745 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostThunderHart, on 16 November 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ok; quirk for the AI mechs are good but for a light mech to take down a Atlas with 2 volleys or A medium Mech to do the same why have a Atlas or any Assulat Mech? :unsure: Can you fix please?

I've never seen anything the likes of which you complain about here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users