For Crying Out Loud, Delete Terra Therma From Rotation.

131 replies to this topic

#121 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 30 September 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

If anything, Alpine should be cut. It has the most stale gameplay out of all the maps, and is definitely the most painful to play. At the very least, the summit should be removed from it.

View PostNightmare1, on 30 September 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

I take this to mean that you are incapable of managing heat handling wide open spaces and considering alternative tactics to "Take center Hamburger Hill!"

;)

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 September 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Alpine on the other hand needs to suffer an Orbital Kinetic Weapons strike right on top that damn mountain that completely flattens that stupid dominating high point that absolutely has to be taken and controlled if you want to win the fight. Huge fricken map and 99% of all battle take place in an area even smaller than River City. Total fail map.

The same thing goes for you. :P

#122 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

I don't like it either. It is my least favorite match to drop on. And for a time it was heavily in the rotation and frustrated me to no end. But would not go so far as to see the map removed. We don't need less maps.

#123 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Why, can't handle the heat?

Stop whining.

#124 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

I like it but not when i get it every other game

#125 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostMystere, on 30 September 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Three times in one day I capped Terra Therma bases in assault mode all by myself using ... gasp ... a Dire Wolf. It was nothing short of hilarious. In one of those matches, the enemy decided to trickle in and die one by one. <maniacal :lol: :lol: :lol:>

Yeah do it with 3 Dire Wolves all running 4 LBX/10, it's an embarrassment to the enemy team as they trickle in.

#126 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

I've thought, for quite awhile now, that this would be an awesome map for a king of the hill game mode. That said i hate it in general. If my group can't bully the pugs into a defensive position we almost always lose. I hate the caldera with a passion. Another good map for this mode would be caustic.

King of the Hill:
Only one cap point, in the caldera on above mentioned map, or high/middle placement on the others.

You fight until one side or the other cap out the base area. Make the outline largish so mechs can be forced to brawl and break cap progress.

#127 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:14 AM

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Terra Therma 215 145 68 2.13

#128 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostEgomane, on 30 September 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

And yet, all polls ever made on that subject, are against a removal of TT, with a massive lead in favor of keeping it.

So maybe it is just you and few others, who don't like it?

I hate Terra Therma, but don't want it removed simply because there is already so little variety.
But then again, i think all the maps are terrible for a game like this...except maybe Crimson Strait but even that is too small.

#129 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

BIG maps would be GREAT. And NO time limit on skirmish!
If someone is zero ping, or disconnected FIX the mechanic so it ends games, and if someone is shutdown for MORE than 60 seconds, END the game.

by the way, I like hot maps, unless I'm running the nova, I know my enemy gets excited and will shutdown, or reduce their rate of fire.

#130 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

Honestly, maps like TT would be much better if only the green bar of molasses was nerfed. Flow would be much nicer.
It's painful enough tumbling around in Jagers, let alone being reduced to 10kph over a bump the size of your foot or an incline that lasts for all of 5 meters.

#131 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

^OP

Because how many soldier in history got to pick where they fought?

In the shade?
70 degree F weather?
No mud or standing water?
No uncomfortable places to sleep?
etc,etc

#132 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

I like most of the maps (although I prefer the larger ones like Alpine and Therma), but even though I dislike River City (especially the night variation) I do not call for it to be removed. Even though I cannot stand how the matches almost always progress, I adapt and engage, I do not whine about it (okay, there was that one time...).

People need to be more adaptive; how do they think humans got as far as they have in 2000+ years of history? Do they think some almighty hand gave us everything on a silver platter? :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users