647 replies to this topic

#41 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ilya is for me Tier 1, Jäger S and DD are Tier 2, Jäger A is Tier 4.

Dont know why everybody seems to underrate the ilya, its a beast....

and to be fair, I have NO clue why the Hunchy 4G is Tier 5, I am sooo good in this thing, but whatever, its just me. I think I'm more afraid, that after the quirk pass, people will try it and realise how good it is and then it will be nerfed even harder than it is at the moment. Or the AC20 will be nerfed then, which will be even worse.

And I would consider the DDC Tier 1 and the Banshees Tier 2.

Then I would place the Vic 9K one tier lower, its handicapped with not being able to put in an AC20. And I think the Misery could be Tier 1 but I don't mind Tier 2.

Edited by TexAss, 30 September 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#42 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Over all this seems like a good starting place. I am sure all changes will be watched to so they can adjust them later. So over all good job PGI :)

#43 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 30 September 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

These tier lists look interesting. I think some of the Tier 3 firestarters and the Oxide could probably be in Tier 2.

The Oxide tier 2? Oh hell no. I used to love my little Oxide, the first hero I ever bought, but now it just makes me sad to take it out there. It's a middle tier mech solely by virtue of the Locust and Commando variants being so damn terrible.

#44 Quintt

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

It seems to be this list was based on NA meta or most played mechs in NA, and completly disregarded EU meta. KTOs and DDCs are still highly used in Euro play....DDC needs to be tier 1 and KTO-18 moved to tier 2, Orion VA to at least tier 3.

#45 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

My question is...by what baseline is this list constructed? Kills? Damage? Because there does seem to be an underlying baseline, since there are no Tier 1 mediums (a correct acknowledgement in my view).

#46 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostQuintt, on 30 September 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

It seems to be this list was based on NA meta or most played mechs in NA, and completly disregarded EU meta. KTOs and DDCs are still highly used in Euro play....DDC needs to be tier 1 and KTO-18 moved to tier 2, Orion VA to at least tier 3.

I doubt these are based purely on usage statistics.

#47 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

BEGIN THE QQ'ING!

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 September 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yes....yes it should be. Tier 4 must have all the good cooling quirks....

It's just a horribad energy boat, that requires hefty cooling quirks :ph34r:

I mean in all seriousness.. some cooling quirks would certainly help to bring it up to par with its beastly ballistic brother, the 3E.. no?

#49 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 30 September 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

My question is...by what baseline is this list constructed? Kills? Damage? Because there does seem to be an underlying baseline, since there are no Tier 1 mediums (a correct acknowledgement in my view).

View PostBilbo, on 30 September 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

I doubt these are based purely on usage statistics.

I think they are based on "IS Meta against Clans". So which mechs can get it on against clans and which lose by a mile against them.

#50 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostPostumus, on 30 September 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Please bump the HGN-733C down with the rest of the highlanders, it isn't that much better just for being able to slot an AC/20. Also, consider putting the 733P down on tier 4 - its only claim to fame was as a 4 PPC boat back when PPCs and jumpjets were still a thing.

Excellent job on the mediums.

Consider putting Orions on tier 5. They have hitbox problems on par with the Awesomes, and no one plays them. I will literally go an entire night without seeing one, 5 out of 7 days of the week.

Finally, why are tier 1 IS mechs not getting quirks? The point is to make them competitive with clans, but clan mechs are still a head above the first tier IS mechs.

The VTR's are getting all negative quirks removed, so i think that is enough for them. As far as the Ember it doesnt need ANY HELP, my 2.87 K/D in the FS9-E would agree with this. 3L i also dont think needs any help....but i haven't played them in well over 5 months so i may be outta the loop in that aspect.

#51 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Suggestions:

Move the Highlanders down the list a bit. They lack the sheer number of hardpoints other assaults have and their JJs are so weak they are almost completely pointless.

I also think that the Cataphracts (including the 3D) could use a slight buff to survivability to allow them to keep up with the tanky hitboxes of more recent mechs.

#52 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostTexAss, on 30 September 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I think they are based on "IS Meta against Clans". So which mechs can get it on against clans and which lose by a mile against them.

In part that would be my guess but I think it's in relation to performance against IS mechs as well. They will still have to play against each other after all.

#53 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostVarik Ronain, on 30 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I do not see how the A1 cat is a tier 3... yes you can go splat cat but every hardpoint is arm mounted and max armor is 40 on a GIANT cat ear that gets bigger with more launchers.... (new cat quirk) remove the extra dvd players strapped to the missile boxes.

1 large LRM launcher backed by either SSRM's or SRM's in sufficient quantity can be pretty rough in pub play. You can keep pressure up, and if you're able to sit in the sweet spot where you can fire everything at one time, it's pretty mean. It and the K2 are easily my best performing catapults over time.

#54 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostRonan, on 30 September 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

All the mechs I like to run are Tier4 or 5... might explain some things...

Me too. I'm a Hunchback fan. Looking forward to what gets done for them.

#55 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

Question, what happens to Hero Mechs?

#56 Pizzadog

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

The QKD-5K should be with its brothers in tier 4.

#57 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 30 September 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Question, what happens to Hero Mechs?

What do you mean? They are listed.

#58 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

Well this looks good for my Founders Catapult C1 and Heavy Metal. Maybe one day the Atlas K will be worth something.

#59 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 September 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Might be due to the Jenner having better torso pitch, and more critslots to play with due to no LAA and a slightly higher engine rating.

But at the same time a better to hit CT. The engine rating doesn't mean much when you can't fill all slots anyway and an 295 isn't much slower than a 300 rating engine. :)
I mean it is cool that some FS-9 are tier 3 which should be tier 2 but who knows. :D

#60 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

In terms of assaults the ones that stick out are the three CBill Victor variants. There is no way they are tier 1. It's the Dragon Slayer that works well at range and the variant the competitive teams are using. The other Victors have low slung arms and don't work well at range at all. Perhaps things have changed a little but I don't recall seeing the competitive teams using the CBill Victor variants even with the recent balance changes? The tier 2 assaults seem OK because the competitive teams are using D-DCs, Miseries and other Stalkers, and 733Cs in niche roles. Who is using the CBill Victors? At best they are tier 2 with their role being decent brawlers but even then that would exclude the 9K which can't take an AC20 or 2 UAC5. I'd say only the Dragon Slayer is worthy of being a tier 1 IS assault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users