Clan Wave Ii - A La Carte And Month 1 Extension!

40 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are proud to introduce A-La-Carte Options to our Wave 2 Sales page.
If you have been waiting for the opportunity to purchase one or two of the 4 Collection 'Mechs; without the value added bonuses of the Collection packs, then this will be for you! Check it out now at https://mwomercs.com/wavetwo?p=news1

In order to ensure ALC purchases are not left out, we are going to be extending our Month 1 Rewards to October 3rd!

A-La-Carte options are subject to the same pre-order delivery dates as Collections, which are as follows:
The Ice Ferret will be delivered starting November 4th, 2014.
The Mist Lynx will be delivered starting November 18th, 2014.
The Hellbringer will be delivered starting December 2nd, 2014.
The Gargoyle will be delivered starting December 16th, 2014.

N.B. The Mad Dog is not included in A-La-Carte.
Early access to this 'Mech remains a pre-order bonus for those who have purchased both the Masakari and the Man-O-War Collections. We appreciate that some may have been hoping this 'Mech would be made available A-La-Carte. Those who feel such may be glad to hear that it will also be the first of these 'Mechs to be made available for MC and C-Bills: December 16th for MC and January 20th for C-Bills.

N.B. An Upgrade Path is not currently scheduled from A-La-Carte Wave II to Man-O-War Wave II.
Wave I ALC can be upgraded to a Wave I Collection from: https://mwomercs.com/upgrade?p=news1
If you would like to exchange your Wave II A-La-Carte Purchases for a Wave II Collection, please contact Support.

#2 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

My only question, out of sheer curiosity . . . why is the Wave 2 Medium mech (The Ice Ferret) coming before the Wave 2 Light mech (the Mist Lynx)? Just curiosity . . . it seems odd that y'all have decided to go out of order from Light->Medium->Heavy->Assault.

Otherwise, I'm very happy to hear that this has come out now, for those that desired it.

#3 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Unfortunately I don't think is such a great deal. Without the free monthly rewards you are really only getting the prime, 2 variants and 3 mech bays. They should have included the items from the Koshi Collection as well.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

something I'm sure they are aware of.

The original Ala carte options where by request for all those people not wishing to spend 200 bucks just to get a timber wolf.

I don't think anyone is looking at this as a "better deal" so much as an option for people who do not wish to spend 90 bucks attempting to just get a Hellbringer, and could care less about everything else that comes in a pack.

#5 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Seems like a bad deal. If you want to buy a Hellbringer and Gargoyle - the only sensible a-la-carte option unless you're getting the Loki alone - you might as well push out another 20 and get the Gargoyle package instead.

Edited by CancersCincar, 30 September 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#6 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

i hope nobody will buy the mist ala carte,,that would be funny

#7 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostCancersCincar, on 30 September 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Seems like a bad deal. If you want to buy a Hellbringer and Gargoyle - the only sensible a-la-carte option unless you're getting the Loki alone - you might as well push out another 20 and get the Gargoyle package instead.

and u will get the king crab too for that extra 20

#8 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

You guy shouldn't even offer the Mist Lynx or Ice Ferret as single options. There's just no reason for it.

EDIT:
Here's the breakdown:

If you only want one mech:

-Only Mist Lynx: Costs almost twice as much as the Koshi package for less stuff.
-Only Ice Ferret: May as well get the Fenris package. 5 more bucks and you get more than double the content.
-Only Hellbringer: Sure, why not. 35 bucks is a big enough difference if you're not interested in the Lynx or Ferret.
-Only Gargoyle: Also fine.

If you want two mechs:

-Mist Lynx + Ferret: Costs almost twice as much as the Fenris package for less stuff.
-Mist Lynx + Hellbringer: Costs 10 bucks more than the Loki package for 50% less stuff.
-Mist Lynx + Gargoyle: May as well pony up for the Man-O-War package. Another 20 bucks more than doubles the content you get.
-Ice Ferret + Hellbringer: Same as Mist Lynx + Hellbringer. A waste.
-Ice Ferret + Gargoyle: Same deal as the Lynx and Gargoyle combo.
-Hellbringer + Gargoyle: Same deal as above.

Of the possible a-la-carte combos, nearly half are a straight-up waste of money. The Gargoyle + ??? combos are only 20 bucks cheaper than the Man-O-War package for less than half the content, and the Ferret single only saves you 5 bucks compared to the Fenris package. About the only options that make sense are the single Hellbringer and single Gargoyle.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 01 October 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#9 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostKivatu, on 30 September 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

This option existed for the kitfox and still exists now for the mist lynx.... me no understand

#10 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

these A La Carte prices are really unattactive (in contrast to previous packages) and it looks like PGI wants to force players to buy the packages, instead of giving us a fair A La Carty value.

dont thow your money in.

#11 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

Yeah I'll pass, I won't be grab dealing till I see just how CW pans out... I'd love to throw money at a mechwarrior game even though the prices seem high but I'm still in the "wait and see, minds open but wallets still closed" camp. Let's see what PGI can deliver in the next few months with continued game balance of the clans and maps and CW...

#12 Flashripper

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

I've waited for A La Carte option, and it turned out to be such a lol. 100 bucks for Ice ferret + Hellbringer are so funny, considering you can get them plus Mist Lynx plus bonuces for 90 :D

I've bought legendary founder and overlord packages, but these "deals" are clearly overpriced, so I'll pass.

Oh yeah, and lets see when we get CW and how will it look like. Also UI 2.0 needs SOME fixing, along with lots of other issues.

Edited by Flashripper, 01 October 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#13 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:49 AM

This would be a better deal if they were $25 each or even $30.
The down side to getting the A la carte could be you wont get the premium mechs or any of the extra goodies that come with buying the main package.
BOTH of the A la carte's were Over Priced. even on the first one I found you would have been better off buying the $240 War Hawk package. The only 2 mechs I want out of this wave 2 is the gargoyle ad Mad Dog. But I cant get the mad dog unless I buy the full gargoyle package any ways.

Edited by The Boneshaman, 01 October 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#14 Flashripper

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

Not really, from first A La Carte you could get 6 mechs (say without cheap lights) for 180$, while all 8 mechs cost 240.

OR get a mech available otherwise at 210 or 240 package only.

It was really a better deal.

Нere, A La Carte looks more expensive than the default package, and even the option of single Hellbringer or Gargoyle looks doubtful.

#15 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 01 October 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

You guy shouldn't even offer the Mist Lynx or Ice Ferret as single options. There's just no reason for it.

EDIT:
Here's the breakdown:

If you only want one mech:

-Only Mist Lynx: Costs almost twice as much as the Koshi package for less stuff.
-Only Ice Ferret: May as well get the Fenris package. 5 more bucks and you get more than double the content.
-Only Hellbringer: Sure, why not. 35 bucks is a big enough difference if you're not interested in the Lynx or Ferret.
-Only Gargoyle: Also fine.

If you want two mechs:

-Mist Lynx + Ferret: Costs almost twice as much as the Fenris package for less stuff.
-Mist Lynx + Hellbringer: Costs 10 bucks more than the Loki package for 50% less stuff.
-Mist Lynx + Gargoyle: May as well pony up for the Man-O-War package. Another 20 bucks more than doubles the content you get.
-Ice Ferret + Hellbringer: Same as Mist Lynx + Hellbringer. A waste.
-Ice Ferret + Gargoyle: Same deal as the Lynx and Gargoyle combo.
-Hellbringer + Gargoyle: Same deal as above.

Of the possible a-la-carte combos, nearly half are a straight-up waste of money. The Gargoyle + ??? combos are only 20 bucks cheaper than the Man-O-War package for less than half the content, and the Ferret single only saves you 5 bucks compared to the Fenris package. About the only options that make sense are the single Hellbringer and single Gargoyle.

Also what about the faction items that come with the packages and not with the ala carte. Those items are about $25. If you want the Hellbringer at $55 and also want the faction items at a later date that is another $25.
$80 gets you about 1/3 of the content compared to what you can get with the $90 Loki Package. Definitely not worth to spend money on Ala carte. At least for me it isn't.

Edited by Ripper X, 01 October 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#16 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

I really expected that a la carte purchase option will be made for all Clan Mechs, not separately for each wave, so one could buy, for example, Stormcrow, Hellbringer and Gargoyle. In other words: meh...

#17 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

No ALC option - People complain.

ALC option offered - People complain.

Yeah, it's not a great value, it never was, but it's an option. If someone wants the Gargoyle or Loki only, they can do it and save money. But yes, if it's not a solo for either mech, you're best off with the package. Surprised they didn't drop the price of ALC by $5-10 (Making it 50/90 or 45/80 for 1/2 mechs, which would fit in better with the size of the pack)

Edited by Bront, 01 October 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#18 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

Before people are jumping on ALC-options for the Hellbringer/Loki largely because of the ability to mount ECM, can we put out the disclaimer that a redesign of ECM might be on the horizon, e.g. lowering or removing the "radar invisibility" feature?

Edited by GoldenFleece, 01 October 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#19 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostKivatu, on 30 September 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

There were people who Ala Carte'd the Kitfox.

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 01 October 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

This option existed for the kitfox and still exists now for the mist lynx.... me no understand

Because people would buy it.

Some because they only wanted the one mech - but wanted to give more money to support
Some because they didn't want the "other" bits - just the mech.

Some because ..... who knows.

#20 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

Its kind of weird.. but,you know...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users