#1 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

https://www.kickstar...lyptic-rts-game

Just came across this game on kickstarter.

- Destructible Environment
- Giant Robot!
- Ancient One!
- Summon Deity/Super Weapon
- Same people who made Supreme Commander

#2 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:30 AM

It's being developed by Uber Entertainment.

Now, we all know PGI's infamously long "beta" for MWO, and some may argue that MWO is still an incomplete product.

You know who else is good at doing that?

You guessed it! It's Uber.

Let's see Uber's backlog: Monday Night Combat, a mix of TF2 and MOBA with a strong personality; Super MNC, the F2P, more MOBA-like child of the former title that is tragically unpopular, and the game is financially dead.

And then there's Planetary Annihilation.

An RTS that also suffered a full year of beta and was eventually released in what was considered an unfinished state. To make the matter worse, I hear the game's spherical planetary map concept fell flat on its face since you can't see the whole map all the time - which, although I don't really play RTS, I reckon is quite important.

And now they're kickstarting their next title. Now, I dunno about you but I feel like PGI, at least Russ's side, have stashed enough funding for the next game, whatever it is. Which is probably why Transverse cut its goal in half half way though.

I'm not so sure about Uber though....

(and in case you're wondering, yes, I still hate Uber for failing to promote SMNC. So much lost potential.)

#3 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

I remember MNC, I played it quite abit when it was release on PC a few years back.
Didn't really bothered with SMNC though.

Was tempted to kickstart PA, but the demo video of the spherical map kept me back.
Experience something similar on UFO:Afterlight.
It is simply too much hassle to rotate the globe all the time to check up on base and skirmishes.

This time they are going with flat battlefield, so I am interested to see how it will turn out this time.
Also tentacle monsters fighting giant robots.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

View Postxengk, on 03 October 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I remember MNC, I played it quite abit when it was release on PC a few years back.
Didn't really bothered with SMNC though.

Was tempted to kickstart PA, but the demo video of the spherical map kept me back.
Experience something similar on UFO:Afterlight.
It is simply too much hassle to rotate the globe all the time to check up on base and skirmishes.

This time they are going with flat battlefield, so I am interested to see how it will turn out this time.
Also tentacle monsters fighting giant robots.

why is it hard to procide a spheric real map and an apbtsract real map like our globe vs our worldmap? Thats would be nice. you click the worldmap and the globe autorotates. Why are new indie devs only black or white solutions and not making usage of both nice features?

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 October 2014 - 01:16 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users