anyone know why the Hawken forum is down

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

On a serious note - no idea, as I for one, never followed Hawken (meant to though)

Could be a bug
Could be something serious.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

Never played counter strike either

#4 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

Some.

Portal
Portal 2

Half Life 2 series

Some of TF2

Problem is, most First Person Shooters make me motion sick

#5 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 03 October 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

I was on Hawken for 5 minutes and then never played it again. Was way to easy. Like playing Counter Strike.

Counter-Strike is easy.

A god was born.

#6 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Never could get Hawken to work on my PC. The game just wouldn't launch.

#7 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 03 October 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

I was on Hawken for 5 minutes and then never played it again. Was way to easy. Like playing Counter Strike.

Yeah i wish I was the best too. Surprised you can't cure cancer.

#8 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 04 October 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

I wasn't saying I was the best or anything. I was saying the game way overly simplistic like a FPS.

i'm just messing with you, I just forgot the silly smiley face. Plus I wanted to help you get to 3000, you postaholic you.

Edited by OliverTwisted, 04 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#9 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Still down, didn't the devs went MIA a while ago?

#10 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

yes you are correct, game is still up and running though. Game doesn't have anywhere close to the fan support of MWO though, many of the drops go unfilled, a lot of 3 on 3 instead of the 6 on 6 of a full match. And nowhere near the mech customization found here. Still has it's merits, with some fast paced, chaotic action, and mech special abilities. Some can even fully cloak, allowing for some backstabbing assassinations. It's and indie title and doesn't have the monetary support of a game like MWO, which I still do prefer. Hawken is my change of pace go to game.

Edited by OliverTwisted, 04 October 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#11 kingalbertII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

itzs been a while since it updated, which is to bad because it was a fun fast paced mech game in its own way. i do hope they let hear something soon.

usually, if something goes dead, a post is made that they are quitting services and i haven't heard anthing like that yet so we can still hope

#12 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

sry but hawken? that looks more like a random action shooter than a mech game. And by this it was never really appealing to me. The whole way how those mechs move looks too human, instant direction changes? In heavy tonnage mechs? Thats just not appealing to look at. It's best just another shooter with mechlike skins instead of soldiers. I stick with my other shooters if I want to paly that kind of gameplay style. Same with titanfall, I have no idea why this was so much hyped. It looks trashy gameplaywise. It's all just filled with lots of greta sounds and effects but the core game is not even decent enough to cook a soup out of it.

#13 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

With the move to steam for the exclusive installer, they very well may have moved the entire presence.

The Mechs are far from human in motion and differ from frame to frame. Although some people are amazing in them, they can feel trapping. You have a limmeted turn speed but can make "quick turns" left and right as well as 180s and dash/fly. Flight height is dependent on ground level as well as a regenerating fuel.

Have one swappable weapon per chases, whose swap is limited to a few preset options and have no over all ammunition limit, only heat, each weapon does has ammunition volume limits.

Most payed content is the few visual customizations, hud colours or of course grind avoidance. The game is built to grind and it is a grind often with weapons you have worked hard to reach and then unlocked can feel like downgrades if you are not prepared to play to its strengths and weaknesses.

There are also limited slots for components that alter or add certain ability and temporary items that one might expect, but im not going into all that..

It is indeed a game that some people can hop in and dominate straight out but part of that is due to the Microwave of Death being a viable frame from first launch.

Hawken what? Ive never heard of it... :blush:

Edited by XphR, 06 October 2014 - 01:03 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users