• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Clan: Coyote
Callsign: CaveMan
Name: my RP character is an aerospace pilot, so I'll have to come up with a new one
Preferred 'Mech: Firemoth

Veteran since the mid-90s. Played all the games except MW1, even the SNES Mechwarrior game.

There any other Coyotes around?

#22 Brimstone Shu

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationClan Snow Raven Space

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Clan: Snow Raven
Pilot callsign: Brimstone
Bloodname: Shu (Earned my bloodname in battle in War Online)
Prefered mech: Cauldron Born (Hoping this is in game)

#23 Zendric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Clan: Smoke Jaguar
Callsign: Capp'n
Pilot Name: Star Captain Zen
Bloodname: N/A (Not everyone has to have a bloodname, lololol)
Preferred Mech: Fire Moth D/Prime

#24 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

View PostZendric, on 21 November 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

Bloodname: N/A (Not everyone has to have a bloodname, lololol)

I know that I listed my Clanners Bloodname, even if he doesn't have one, to show which genetic heritage he's from.

#25 Mister Freeze

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Name: Julian Spanos
Callsign: Mr. Freeze
Bloodname: N/A
Preferred Mech: Ebon Jaguar, Timberwolf

#26 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

Name: Marcus
Callsign: 'Maus'
Bloodname: Moon
Preferred Mech: Phoenix Hawk IIC 4

I was exposed to mechwarrior/battletech as a kid, when one of the first purchases for my new PC was Mechcommander. I loved the game from the moment I loaded it up and fought my way through the campaign (eventually with strategy guide in hand). I took the game online with Mplayer, raged my way around the internet annoying people like any kid does, and finally managed to find myself within Clan Wolverine (lol). These guys were a decent group though, and as well as helping me come up with good strategies for mech commander, gave me a copy of Starsiege Tribes to play online with them (best game ever).

I bought mechwarrior 2, but in all honesty didn't really get into it, I was too young to appreciate the simulation side of it, so never really got very far with it. Instead I was far too keen on learning the FPS ropes with games like CS.

I got MW3 and MW4:Mercs but played them primarily for the single player. I missed out on the golden age of planetary within these games, which was unfortunate, but I did pick Mw4 up at a later date for some multiplayer action. This was much later on after the release of mekteks mekpack 3 and the free release of MW4. This is what led me to join SJ, as I was looking for a unit to test my MW4 mettle with, and try and get involved in some of these now long since dead/dying leagues that some old friends of mine used to talk about.

After passing my ToP for SJ, shortly after Mechwarrior: Living Legends was released. Me and a couple of others from the clan pioneered the units progress into the mod with recruitment, and a push for competitive gameplay in the community. This led to me primarily taking charge of any matches we did have with other units, and eventually my promotion to Star Colonel when the clan got large enough for two Binary's of pilots. Following this, I recently got promoted to SJ High Command, due to my involvement with the new player trial procedures, and my overall responsibility within the unit.

In a large scale RP campaign we did recently, I played an Elemental called Marcus Moon, who was nicknamed 'Maus' due to his small size when compared to other Elementals (around 6'6"). He started off as Star Colonel, in charge of a planetary conquest, which was successful with minimal losses and a great storyline. Following this he was promoted to Galaxy Commander, and took part in numerous planetary conquests (Controlling a Galaxies worth of forces is freaking awesome, god I did so much planning). After achieving his bloodname and taking part in the final fight of the campaign, he died defending comrades from a massive Word of Blake attack. He was posthumously awarded the position of Sa'Khan.

Notable achievements include:

Winning a point v point battle armour combat against one of the best Elemental players ever known - this lasted 44 rounds in megamek.

Defeating a Comstar general in honourable mech combat using a recently acquired Phoenix Hawk IIC and saving both forces from further blood shed and the city we were assaulting from further damage.

Being betrayed by his own Star Captain, who left SJ to join Yakuza forces on planet. Marcus stepped down from his post to pursue a path of vengenace and hunt the dezgra down. He never managed to catch him but did disrupt his activities during that time. He was brought back to the clan after finding his purpose for fighting after being brought back to health by an IS family, and saving a young orphaned girl from the DCMS destroying her city.

My time in MWLL has been enjoyable, and as well as being an admin and designer for the only league that the game has seen so far, I have also placed first in numerous weight brackets within said duel league, as well as winning the Wolf's Dragoons invitational 1v1 tournament (which was comprised of, in their opinion, some of the best players from across the units and across the mod). I recently was asked to help the MWLL dev team with game balance, so now help out as an apprentice dev, and currently seek to bring a Planetary league to the MWLL environment.

Ok, resume aside, can't wait for MWO =D

#27 Anton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

Clan: Jade Falcon
Pilot Name: Anton
Callsign: Hawk
Bloodname: Clees (if available)
Preferred Mech: Summoner A
Unit: Delta Galaxy, 7-th Talon Cluster, Trinary Alpha

#28 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

For some reason I have a squid humanoid in my head screaming "its a trap", but ill go against that judgement and post anyway.

Clan : Wolverine
Pilot name : Hollister
Callsign : Sol
Bloodname :
Prefered Mech : Light- Wolfhound, Medium- Wolverine

I was first introduced to mechwarrior as a kid with the SNES game. That would go on to liking almost all things mech or robot wise as a kid. Later I started reading the books and got more into the lore and history of battletech. Started reading the different clans and houses and there history. I started to like the periphery since they were the underdogs of the inner sphere. Then I got the Jade Pheonix novels and started to like the clans mores. I was reading about the different clans again and there history when I found Wolverine. My thoughts back then were that, you had to be real bad*** to just turn around and say to the rest of the clans we do not need you, we are going independent bye, and still escape. At about the same time found MW3 and MW4 and started playing them. Found both at a computer show really cheap. Played them both alot but never got to play online like I would have liked to. Played mech assault when it came out. Was very arcadish and did not like it as much as the mechwarriors. Still had some pretty good graphics and got to run around in mechs. So after all this time about 10+ years down the road. I have stuck with Clan Wolverine for my clan preference and still like the periphery for what they are.

The Wolverine animal is also pretty bad***. One of the very few animals that can fight off, steal and kill other predators 10 times its own size. There are many accounts of a single wolverine fighting off a pack of wolves and taking there kill and or killing them. Also the wolverine is not afraid of animals 10 times its own size as they are also known to take kills from bears and kill them as well. It is just something about a 50 to 70 pound animal being able to take on a bear and win.

#29 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostHollister, on 22 November 2011 - 11:45 AM, said:

Clan : Wolverine
Pilot name : Hollister
Callsign : Sol
Bloodname :
Prefered Mech : Light- Wolfhound, Medium- Wolverine

Odd... I would've expected you to have the Stag, or Pulverizer are your prefered 'Mechs.

#30 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 22 November 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

Odd... I would've expected you to have the Stag, or Pulverizer are your prefered 'Mechs.

I picked mechs that I think are going to be in MWO. The Wolverine WVR-6M has a large laser, 2 medium lasers, and a SRM6, which is near to what the stag has. Otherwise I would have said the Stag or Mercury II as I like there loadouts or even the Conjurer (Wolverine II C) for when the clans invade.

I also like the Hellbringer.

#31 Karuik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHere.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Pilot Name: Karuik
Callsign: My name
Bloodname: Not earned
Preferred Mech: Warhammer IIC (original model)

We are the Jaguar, and we never die.

#32 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Clan: Formerly Goliath Scorpion
Pilot Name: <record redacted>
Callsign: Vagus Et
Bloodname: <-for the vain
Preferred Mech: customized Sentinel, "Monitor"

I have been intrigued recently to try rp-ing a clan character but on my terms ^_^
so I went with a Goliath Scorpion Seeker. Through the use of necrosia out on
the clan periphery, Vagus Et suffered memory loss as to who his identity was. He
however had a vision, of General Ethan Moreau coming to him, and tasking him
with finding a lost Brian Cache. Across Clan space, Lyran Space, and into the
periphery, Vagus Et remains on a mission to find the lost Cache. He will only stop
when he has found that which will grant him salvation.

(bah best I could come up with at 1:44 am)

#33 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Call Sign : KK
Name : Kristov
Bloodname : Kerensky
Clan : originally Mongoose, Loremaster
Mech : Marauder IIC

I started out as simply Kristov of Clan Mongoose and through RP and actual combat via the old DOS MW2, earned the Bloodname of Kerensky through Trial by Combat with the SaKhan of Clan Wolf. Those were some fun years, even if I did spend them typing without the use of contractions and using only Clanspeak, as befits a Loremaster and Trueborn MechWarrior.

#34 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 21 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Non-canon bloodname, btw.
Unless you are a freebirth stravag who managed to earn one.

The reason why it is classified is because I cannot tell you how I got it, or how I am even eligible for it (though there is hints in canon at how), but I earned it as any clan warrior earns a bloodname, hold your tongue surat.

#35 Adian HDragon Vordermark

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Clan: Widowmaker
Pilot callsign: HDragon
Name: Adian
Bloodname: Vordermark
Prefered mech: Timber Wolf

I have been playing Mechwarrior games since MW1(yeah the old 286 version... woot!!) and also play the Board game: Battletech and Mechwarrior as well (have even played the old BattleDroids(the original Battletech release) until Lucas Arts sued for copy right infringment of the word Droids...lol). Played in the Grand Council on MW2, and many Leagues through MW4. Have an active intrest in Clan Lore, but focused mainly on my Permanent Clan, Widowmakers.

Edited by Adian HDragon Vordermark, 24 November 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#36 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Clan: Goliath Scorpion
Call sign: Kerf
Name: Kevin
Bloodname: Suvorov (Unearned)
Prefered Mech(s): Orion IIC, Ebon Jaguar, Kodiak

Been playing Mechwarrior since I was 8, caught my dad playing and been hooked since. I love the seeker lore and all that jazz. also they trained the Wolfs Dragoons and some left, allows be to be wolfs dragoons for the beginning and then leave to return 'home'

#37 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

Clan: Snow Raven
Pilot callsign: Fiachdubh
Bloodname: Harper
Prefered mech: Thor, most of the time.

Introduced to battletech by MW2 and have since played every mechwarrior\commander game and expansion (even mw1!).
Played MW4 and MW4:Mercs online with CSR in W!O and Raven Alliance in MWL.
Also remember something about a mech racing league that went on for a couple of seasons, would like to see that come back again, it was great fun and good atmosphere.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 30 November 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#38 Chewsmoka

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Clan : Black Sheep

Pilot Call Sign : Mota

Pilot Name : Mota

Beername : Prefect ( earned during the only Beername trials ever to be had - circa 1997, in which skill had won him the most coveted genetic legacy of Clan Black Sheep's founder, FordPrefect )

Mech : Warhammer IIC / TimberWolf

The history of this TrueBlood mechwarrior is long and distinguished ( as well as heavily drunk and stoned ) Starting out by finding his way to the first true mechwarrior's meeting place, kali95, he was quickly introduced to Clan Blood Spirit of the Grand Council ladder and his true home of Clan Black Sheep in the Registry ladder, both by the venerable VoodooLou. Years past that gave way to mechwarrior 3 and 4, all of which were represented in the same honorable and fun fashion, Even the ( damned unfortunately ) short lived BattleTech 3025 had the honor of this mechwarrior listed among its ranks. Always wondering when a true successor to the beloved series would surface, a link seen last week confirming the mechwarrior reboot finally had the green light restored all hope. Now, all the galaxy will tremble as Clan Black Sheep returns to reclaim all that is rightfully ours!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 Kami Shinigami

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Clan: Nova Cat, 1st Nova Cat Guards, Alpha Galaxy
Callsign: Shinigami
Name: Kirakami
Bloodhouse: Devalis
Phenotype: Mechwarrior Trueborn
Preferred 'Mech: Nova

[What is going on with all the Devalis bloodhouse members around? No, not bloodnamed, as MWO has not even begun. I would have expected to see more Mechwarrior Exclusive bloodhouses, though.]

#40 Renegade

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Assuming I can't figure out a way to turn my Lyran into an Abtakha...

Clan: Ghost Bear
Pilot callsign: Renegade
Name: Bjorn
Bloodname: None at this time
Prefered mech: Mad Dog, Orion IIC

I'll have to figure out a way to justiy a bloodname on a freeborn...ha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users