Patch Notes - 1.3.339 - 07-Oct-2014

303 replies to this topic

#261 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

Frankly, I don't understand why the social window is modal. I'd like to be able to see who's on in my unit while messing around in the mechlab.

#262 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

After playing post-patch for about 20 drops last night, I think the patch is pretty much all great stuff, but with every recent patch, there always seems to be some stuff that's gotten knocked out of alignment (for lack of a better term).

This patch seems rampant with little things, once working fine, that are now bugged to all hell.

We now have:
  • Match scores of " 0 " all across the board, no matter what. (BUG)
  • A bridge in Terra Therma that is now raised and thus, inaccessible from one side. (Funniest BUG in a long while)
  • The Friends List / Social box is now aligned with the top right of the screen instead of the bottom right
  • Some people getting a lone menubox on the top left of their UI (Mechlab)
  • Multiple copies of multiple weapon & mech modules with different CBill values
  • Different naming conventions for IS vs. Clan modules. (Some say IS to designate Inner Sphere, other's just say nothing) This is acknowledge by Devs for the time being, and planned to be fixed next patch, but I can only hope the 'fix' won't screw with many people's owned modules (with the recent track record, I'm rather skeptical)
  • Completely wiped "Improved" (Airstrike, coolshot, arty etc...) from multiple players

Edited by xeromynd, 08 October 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#263 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

is there a patch or hotfix coming right now?

#264 GRAND MASTER GORE

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 66 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

correct.

#265 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

for what?

I don't see any kind of announcement

Edited by Bigbacon, 08 October 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#266 BloodyProphet

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

I am liking this patch thus far except for one major problem, The matchmaker is a great idea and im loving not having as long of wait times. Only problem i have seen is the whiny lil punks that refuse to play capture maps, instead they gripe about it until the game starts then kill themselves and drop, leaving the team that had them at a disadvantage. Whats the big fricken deal, grow a pair and get outa you comfort zone, oh you might lose because instead of everyone brawling like you want a light goes and caps a point? well just an idea here, do the same, or try holding a point instead of running towards the normal killing fields. Seriously, im getting really sick of all the people who think that everyone should play the way they want and if they dont you fling insult.

Also just to put it out there, LRM's are a valuable asset in ANY game mode, quit calling it easy mode, Yes i am a user of LRM boats, i do it as a missile support role. Not because its easy mode but because Indirect fire support is an extremely valuable thing to have on your side in a fight. And if you hate them so much why do soo many of you that gripe at me in game about going "easy mode" cry even harder if you play a match with little to no LRM's on your side?

#267 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

They are currently implementing the Demolition Man view of Taco Bell for Game Modes (all game modes will now be Skirmish, since it won out in the Game Mode[Franchise] Wars of 2014).*

[* - This is meant as a satirical joke, if you are unsure what that means, please use the Googley machine]

#268 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostBloodyProphet, on 08 October 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I am liking this patch thus far except for one major problem, The matchmaker is a great idea and im loving not having as long of wait times. Only problem i have seen is the whiny lil punks that refuse to play capture maps, instead they gripe about it until the game starts then kill themselves and drop, leaving the team that had them at a disadvantage. Whats the big fricken deal, grow a pair and get outa you comfort zone, oh you might lose because instead of everyone brawling like you want a light goes and caps a point? well just an idea here, do the same, or try holding a point instead of running towards the normal killing fields. Seriously, im getting really sick of all the people who think that everyone should play the way they want and if they dont you fling insult.

Also just to put it out there, LRM's are a valuable asset in ANY game mode, quit calling it easy mode, Yes i am a user of LRM boats, i do it as a missile support role. Not because its easy mode but because Indirect fire support is an extremely valuable thing to have on your side in a fight. And if you hate them so much why do soo many of you that gripe at me in game about going "easy mode" cry even harder if you play a match with little to no LRM's on your side?

Agreed people that are not used to some game modes will get used to it or they will just suck and lower their ELO either way its fine..... or will be in a few weeks. Also I use mostly brawlers or direct fire mechs, but even I know being an LRM boat is not easy hell they are just about useless without a spotter or tag. if they have neither they still have to poke their heads out.

#269 chipps101

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

View Postbane, on 08 October 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

They are currently implementing the Demolition Man view of Taco Bell for Game Modes (all game modes will now be Skirmish, since it won out in the Game Mode[Franchise] Wars of 2014).*

[* - This is meant as a satirical joke, if you are unsure what that means, please use the Googley machine]

it was changed to Pizza Hut for many European countries as we don't have Taco Bell over here so many won't have a clue what you are on about :)

Edited by chipps101, 08 October 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#270 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

View Postchipps101, on 08 October 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

it was changed to Pizza Hut for many European countries as we don't have Taco Bell over here so many won't have a clue what you are on about :)

dominos all the way:D I demand another hotfix!!!!

#271 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 08 October 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

I have absolutely no ability to actually look at what you have said in over 8000 posts throughout the forum and so accuse you once again of stupidity thus PROVING my points and wining yet another argument despite a complete lack of intelligence OR facts on my side!
SO HAH!

#272 frpeebles

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

https://twitter.com/...923381140205568

Woo. Now all we need is the ability to select maps and tailor your mech accordingly... like every other decent game ever...

#273 Bandaron

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

I don't have a lot of sympathy with the 'I refuse ON PRINCIPLE to play XX game mode' whiners and will continue to report them whenever I see them DC from my team, but forcing them to leave the game entirely, either out of frustration or bans, isn't really a win for anyone. I like the new matchmaker system and think I can already tell a difference in the quality of matchups, but this also I think is an opportunity for further change: letting players choose mechs for specific matches. The map vote is one way to do this, but a better (although probably harder to program) option would look something like this: choose a mech, choose your ideal game modes and maps, queue up. Get in the match, see the mode, and then you have 30 seconds before you see the map screen in which to change your mech selection if so desired, within your current weight class (unless another class is underrepresented, in which case you can choose one of those as well). That way the ELO-produced 3333 remains intact, but a player who brought a Dire Wolf to Conquest can swap for a Victor, and a player who brought a Cicada to Skirmish can swap for his Shadowhawk or Griffon.

Nearly everyone wins: players get better ELO-arranged maps with 3333 in place, players who don't like playing certain mechs on certain modes can have alternate mechs set up they can switch to, people still don't know the map (although they can certainly cast their vote) and thus can't customize perfect heat/range builds for specific maps (which is a good thing), and PGI gets to keep getting money from all the above. The only losers are the "I refuse to play this mode ON PRINCIPLE" folks, and I doubt there's much helping them.

This also is an opportunity to look at the game modes and see why some people are so unshakeably opposed to one or another. Without necessarily completely changing the mechanics of a given mode, there might be small changes that can be made (like doing a better job with chatter from Betty in Conquest of explaining what these points are and why we're fighting for them) that will ameliorate at least some of the discomfort some of the players are feeling.

EDIT: after I posted, I saw the latest posts that the new system is being rolled back. Fair enough, although I wish Russ had actually left the second poll up for a week as the post said it would be. My point still stands, though: letting players choose mechs after they know the mode will make all modes much more palatable to most players.

Edited by Bandaron, 08 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#274 frpeebles

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

Why not just let everyone chose everything? That's the ultimate vote. When I play TF2 I chose the map, my class, my weapons, the server (with server size, performance, rules, etc etc). That lets the game evolve with what the player base wants overall. Let the quality maps get used.. maybe offer additional rewards for maps that suck (Terra Therma).. If they still aren't played let them fizzle out. Forcing content on a community supported game is just asinine and short sighted.

#275 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostLukas von Seydlitz, on 08 October 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Really " Killing Blow " ???...whats next...." Monster Kill " etc. ????.....

Come on...it is BT and not an Robot-Arcade-3d Person-Shooter-Crap......

Agree on that. It's a minor point, but it just feels like slightly the wrong phrase for the game's setting.

On the other hand, I'd feel some joy if Betty ever intoned, at the apt time, a victorious declaration of "HEADSHOT!" :rolleyes:

edit: however that, i'll admit i kinda like the new in-game rewards hud. maybe needs some slight tweaks, but overall it's nicely noticeable without being too distracting.

Edited by draiocht, 08 October 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#276 spirthor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

But really this new system improve elo?, i am seein more stomp machs 12 /0 what ever...

#277 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

View Postspirthor, on 08 October 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

But really this new system improve elo?, i am seein more stomp machs 12 /0 what ever...

Exactly - it got much worse. 9 of 10 Matches Stomps. Matchmaker was broken before and is even worse now. It is really getting annoying.

Patch sounded nice - Reality is different.

Edited by Joe Decker, 08 October 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#278 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 October 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

sqwuak!

Oh dear Lord, that kid is blaming me that I didn't read his 8k post over forum, bless his poor soul and weak mind.

#279 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 08 October 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

HAH!
Now I know you are a Goon (Despite all evidence against it) simply because you mocked me for paying less attention to you than I have accused you of paying to me!

See how brilliant I am!
It takes REAL brilliance to make repeated accusations with absolutely no research OR foundation for them!

The irony is astounding.

Might want to actually do your research next time?

Here is a hint.
Neither mockery of stupidity - nor post count - make one a Goon

Edited by Shar Wolf, 08 October 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#280 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 October 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

The irony is astounding.

Might want to actually do your research next time?

Here is a hint.
Neither mockery of stupidity - nor post count - make one a Goon

You are blinded by your conceit, self-adoration and lost in your own intimations, young padavan. Nobody accused you in being goon, I've just used well-known mem to show that you sound like stupid arrogant kid who refuses to hear anybody else except himself. As for post count - did you mean your 8k, lol?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users