I Want A Refund

104 replies to this topic

#1 Godfrey Kasparov

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

My first post here on forums since I hate forums , where do I ask for a refund? .. I am not going to play conquest mode and since over half of my drops are conquest...wasting my time and others is not fun ..
wish I knew before purchasing an upgrade and wave 2...

#2 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

You email support. Don't post it here on the forums.

Also, it's odd, as roughly half the games I play are Skirmish, despite having that option unchecked. If I can tolerate constant mindless deathmatching, you can tolerate the occasional cap-fest that is literally the only reason not to pick slow assaults in the game right now.

#3 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

My first post here on forums since I hate forums , where do I ask for a refund? .. I am not going to play conquest mode and since over half of my drops are conquest...wasting my time and others is not fun ..

Not sure if the ticket system is working yet. If not you have to email support.

#4 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostJosef Nader, on 07 October 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

You email support. Don't post it here on the forums.
Also, it's odd, as roughly half the games I play are Skirmish, despite having that option unchecked. If I can tolerate constant mindless deathmatching, you can tolerate the occasional cap-fest that is literally the only reason not to pick slow assaults in the game right now.

I don't know if this explains it, but I would hazard a guess that there's a shortage of light and medium mechs in skirmish mode, and a shortage of heavy and assault mechs in conquest. So light mechs will rarely be forced to play conquest, while assault mechs will rarely be forced to play skirmish.

#5 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 07 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

I don't know if this explains it, but I would hazard a guess that there's a shortage of light and medium mechs in skirmish mode, and a shortage of heavy and assault mechs in conquest. So light mechs will rarely be forced to play conquest, while assault mechs will rarely be forced to play skirmish.

that isnt how the matchmaker is being described....this grabs 12 people of a similar ELO and with a decent spread of mech classes, and then looks at their votes. and randomly picks what those 12 people wanted.

just wait it out for a bit....i think they'll probably reverse this. there is too much hate on this for PGI to blow all the good-will they've been generating over it.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 07 October 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Godfrey Kasparov

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

I want to play MechWarrior not mechcapper ...I only have problems with conquest ....the other styles are fine

no I cant tolerate conquest ......I unchecked it as soon as it was available ...stopped PLAYING WHEN I GOT IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER

#7 jackal404

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'll wish you luck emailing support. I have a ticket in from Sept 29th with no reply (other than the automated we got it) as of earlier tonight.

That said, it's you only option.

#8 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

Honestly, if PGI offered me a full refund with the stipulation that I never play or post again, I'd probably take them up on it. And I love Battletech, play almost every night, built a team website, etc. I sometimes think the only reason I continue to stay involved is just because I have too much money tied up in it to walk away.

#9 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

As suggested, e-mail Support for a refund request. Think long and hard before doing so however, as reversing such a request is not possible.

I might suggest, for the moment, sticking it out. You're actually in the strong majority on the forums - most players seem to dislike Conquest and much prefer Skirmish mode, while players such as myself with the reverse opinion are few and far between. Things should probably normalize out for you soon enough, and you'll safely be able to play almost nothing but Skirmish shortly.

For those of us who despise Skirmish, however...T_T

#10 Errant Audio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts
  • LocationL.A. Area

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

inquire with your credit card company, too. they may have buyer protection

#11 jackal404

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

From http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3796823

View PostEgomane, on 07 October 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

If you don't like the new system you have several ways of making that known, without breaking the rules.

1. Make your frustration known!

Create a post about it on the forums. Preferable in an already existing thread if there is one.

2. Stop buying!

If you are buying MC or mech packages or whatever, stop doing so. You can combine that with 1.

3. Stop playing!

If you can't get yourself to play in an unliked gamemode, no matter what, then stop playing MWO completly until this is changed. You can combine this with 1. and 2.

What is not an acceptable solution, is to try to force your will, by griefing other players.

View Postjackal404, on 07 October 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Bargained Well and Done!

I shall not spend money on or play MWO until this feature has been removed. I will make my displeasure know in every thread concerning this issue.

And I will not point out that PGI started the griefing first by using a poll with such low participation to make a change which effects all players.

That is a bad suggestion. Be vocal about your dislike, stop paying, and stop playing if you don't like the change.

#12 Godfrey Kasparov

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

I hate conquest mode more than I love the game

#13 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

People will ***** about absolutely everything PGI ever does until the game goes offline. Then they'll ***** about that for a decade.

#14 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I hate conquest mode more than I love the game

May I ask why? I know why I, personally, detest Skirmish and will elaborate on that if desired, but I honestly don't understand how someone could be so opposed to Conquest mode as to be unable to make themselves play the game if they have even the tiniest chance of ending up in Conquest. The only thing that remotely makes sense is assault pilots in slowboats who feel like they don't have the mobility for it, but I've always seen Conquest as something of a good thing for assault slowboats. You know exactly where the fighting's going to be and can set up overwatch on it, put all that ridiculous firepower to work laying waste to anything trying to take that central cap point.

#15 Godfrey Kasparov

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

one mode and from what ive seen so far , im not the only one who doesn't like it

#16 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 07 October 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

You're mentality is exactly the type of player I don't want my unit to be forced to have to drop with.

You should ask for a refund

#17 Godfrey Kasparov

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

evading fights is the main reason .....the majority of time its running and not fighting...

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

evading fights is the main reason .....the majority of time its running and not fighting...

Try selecting for both Skirmish and Assault in your game mode selection. That doubles your personal say against Conquest mode and helps further guarantee that Conquest mode vanishes from the face of the earth and thusly irritates players like me.

I must admit I'm rather surprised, though. It's been my experience that the vast majority of intentional trollgriefing fight-avoidance happens in Skirmish, not Conquest. Skirmish players (again, in my experience) will generally go to any lengths they can to avoid having to finish a fight cleanly, or fight a fair and sporting contest in the first place. I'm not sure what your experiences in Conquest have been like, but you may wish to give it another go. These days, a great many players protest Conquest mode's existence by playing Conquest games no differently than they'd play an Assault match. You may find your typical Assault mode centerline brawls a good deal more often than you think.

#19 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

If you actually played you would find out that you're completely wrong.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,378 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Troll has no clue about conquest reality...

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users