129 replies to this topic

#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Do we have a quicklist of valid Light mechs that qualify here?

#42 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 October 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Good point, but it was used in battle before 3052. Seems like a lot of mechs were ready for manufacture in 3052. Is that a TT thing?

Yep, the original WLF-1 was released 3028 in time for the Fourth Succession War.

Sarna lists the Clan Invasion era 3052 WLF-2 variant as the primary because it was the first variant to appear in a Technical Readout.

Considering how they did the Vindicator, Wolfhound is a vague possible as we have a couple of minor variants (WLF-1A and WLF-1B) that could work l with hardpoint inflation/restriction and different engine caps to help differentiate variants.

#43 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 08 October 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

And I know it's not an IS mech but this one day will ne a no brainer for pgi http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

Dear god... 12 machineguns... :blink:

#44 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 October 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

There is THIS - but we probably are not seeing it any time soon

I can imagine the 14 E hardpoints one would be fun. It's a Battlemech to boot, so we'll never get it...also way out of timeline, only the MG one is good, rest aren't until after '67.

View PostDeathlike, on 08 October 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

30-35 tonners with 3 variants not in game include:

(30 tons)
  • Falcon
  • FireFly
  • Hermes
  • Hussar
  • Javelin
  • Urbie
35 tons
  • Wolfhound

The panther apparently only has two timeline variants, LL+SRM4, and PPC+SRM4.

Well then, that's less than I thought for 35 tonners, and more for 30 tonners.

#45 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

Flea: nope, no Masc, unless they decided they were going to let it out without masc. which basically makes it a locust.

as far as "home run"(or whatver he called it) i would have to say Urbie....i mean, its the only one that i think would get popular vote enough not to try a Poll like they have with the Assualt and the Heavy..."Joke mech" or not, its so very popular, and in MWO, i think it actually may not do too bad, i've seen people rock the Urbspider all over the place, with a couple attempting Urbstarter builds as well. they just have to unbreak the engine thing....which makes me think it isnt the Urbie

so idk....Wolfhound?

Edited by KamikazeRat, 08 October 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#46 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 October 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Possible IS lights

Without too much issue

25t Mongoose (66, 68?, 69, 70)
30t Firefly (4A, 4B, 4C)

Needs Vindi AMS inflation

20t Thorn (N, S, T)
30t Hussar (200, 350, 400?)
30t Javelin (10N, 10F, 10P)
35t Wolfhound (1, 1A, 1B)

Needs MASC

20t Flea (4, 15, 17)
20t Mercury (99, 98, 97)
30t Hermes (1S 1A and 1B are very hard to make distinct without one of the other variants)

Not enough legit IS variants in timeline

30t Falcon (The 4Nb variants are off-limits. That leaves the 4N the 4P and the 3065 5P)
35t Panther (8Z and 9R are available but the 3051 10K is not due to the timeline rollback)

Needs its TRO chucked in the can (closest is 1.5x stock armor levels vs 2x to mount the 100 rated engine)

30t Urbanmech (R60, R60L, R63)

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Mechwarrior Mousse, 08 October 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#47 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostMechwarrior Mousse, on 08 October 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Needs its TRO chucked in the can (closest is 1.5x stock armor levels vs 2x to mount the 100 rated engine)

Urbanmech (R60, R60L, R63)

amor levels? i don't follow...engine i get....

#48 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

They could just add a STD60 engine with negative weight.

#49 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

View Postterrycloth, on 08 October 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

They could just add a STD60 engine with negative weight.

with a tagline that says "trust us, it makes sense"

#50 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 08 October 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

amor levels? i don't follow...engine i get....

Stock Urbanmech R60

Engine: 60-rated Standard Engine
Standard Internals
11 Standard Heatsinks
96 points of TT Standard Armor
2 Jump Jets
1 AC10 with one ton of ammo
1 SL

Closest replica I could get in Smurfy would be this, which has 144 points of Standard Armor. 144 / 96 = 1.5 exactly

Normally most stock mechs have 2x TT armor points in MWO. But for the Urbie to be as close to the TRO as possible, the armor levels have to be different.

Which is more acceptable then getting rid of things old vets would pay attention to like getting rid of the 11th heat sink and or the second jump jet.

#51 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

To be fair, the Urbie's engine problem gets "solved" when you add the sinks you need for the base 10. The weight is only negative before the sinks are counted.

Failing that, one way to solve this issue once and for all is to simply have every engine under 250 have all 10 of its base sinks inside the engine, and increase their tonnage accordingly to represent this. This would mean that no engines would have negative weights anymore, and would also help to equalize tiny engines with engines larger than 250 rated (buff to Commandos and Locusts, namely).

After all, even without this change, an Urbie in the current MWO environment would lose a fuckton of its critical slots due to external allocation of its base 10 heatsinks, which would make it virtually impossible for it to compete with other light mechs even BEFORE the mech's slow top speed is considered. It couldn't even use Endo Steel how bad it would be. Having all 10 base sinks built into the engine would allow us to have the Urbanmech, and would help to buff the tiny lights and slow 45 tonners.

#52 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 08 October 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

with a tagline that says "trust us, it makes sense"

That would be a useful pop-up several places in the game. ;)

#53 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostMechwarrior Mousse, on 08 October 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Stock Urbanmech R60

Engine: 60-rated Standard Engine
Standard Internals
11 Standard Heatsinks
96 points of TT Standard Armor
2 Jump Jets
1 AC10 with one ton of ammo
1 SL

Closest replica I could get in Smurfy would be this, which has 144 points of Standard Armor. 144 / 96 = 1.5 exactly

Normally most stock mechs have 2x TT armor points in MWO. But for the Urbie to be as close to the TRO as possible, the armor levels have to be different.

Which is more acceptable then getting rid of things old vets would pay attention to like getting rid of the 11th heat sink and or the second jump jet.

give them all Endo? thats how they make the urbspider work SDR-5K.

#54 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

The Flea!

#55 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

If I'm going to hazard a guess from those options, the Firefly is going to be added.

ECM potential, JJs, but potentially slower engine cap, yet more firepower than the Spider would be in the cards.

It doesn't have actuators yes?

The Mongoose will do nothing more than the current Commando unfortunately.

#56 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

Were getting the Panther.

Yes that's right I am a psychic I know its the panther. Its going to be a Light tank quirks include extra internal structure boost to the arm and +5 armor all around.

It will fit both the sniper roll and light brawler MO.

Packing a PPC and SRM 4 this things going to be that little brawler that parks on a street and blasts away.

PNT-9R

PNT-10K

PNT-10K2

PNT-12A

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Panther is one of the BattleMechs that is most iconic of the Draconis Combine. The design was originally commissioned in 2739 at the behest of the Star League to provide fire support for other light, fast-moving 'Mech units, with the first models going to the SLDF to fight fight bandits along the Periphery border. The original PNT-8Z model underwent a revision after the disastrous Battle of St. John in 2759, when it was revealed that its main weapon, a Tronel Large Laser, was inefficient in both range and firepower for the immense waste heat generated. Luckily the Panther had also proved itself to be quite hardy, sporting six and a half tons of armor, and maneuverable, thanks to four Lexington Lifter jump jets split between both legs for a total jumping distance of 120 meters, thus an attempt to fix its one deficiency was made by League engineers by replacing the laser with a Lord's Light Particle Projection Cannon. The swap in weaponry, along with a superior armor composite, gave the PNT-9R Panther a new lease on life, such that it has seen over three centuries of continuous use since its introduction.[2][4][5]
The Draconis Combine inherited Alshain Weapons' Panther factory on New Oslo when the Star League dissolved and quickly put the production line to work building new Panthers for the DCMS. Their first large-scale use by Kurita warriors came during the First Succession War in the battle for Quentin, when the 2nd Legion of Vega used their Panthers to severely maul the slower, heavier 'Mechs of the 42nd Avalon Hussars while avoiding return fire. Throughout the Succession Wars, the Combine was the only significant user of the Panther, often pairing it with the Jenner in a deadly combination of speed and firepower; though the other Successor States employed Panthers in smaller numbers, these were either the result of battlefield salvage or older League-era 8Z models. The Panther also proved itself a deadly urban combatant, using its mobility to easily navigate the more restricted space of a city environment and take out heavier opponents from rooftop sniping perches with its main weapon. Lyran MechWarriors eventually took to nicknaming the 'Mech the "Alley Cat" for its propensity to conduct dark alley-way "muggings."[2][5][6][7]
Demand for the Panther continued to increase, forcing Alshain to build a secondary factory on Jarett to keep up. In an ironic twist both factories fell within the borders of the Free Rasalhague Republic following its creation in 3034, transferring ownership to the new state, and soon the Panther became a mainstay of the KungsArmé. The situation did not last long however following the invasion of the Clans, and both planets were swiftly conquered by Clan Ghost Bear. While Alshain Weapons crash-built a new line on Tok Do in 3053, they could not maintain their pre-invasion production levels and focused on spare parts and refit kits instead. Eventually Wakazashi Enterprises bought the production license for the Panther and began rolling out new variants from its New Samarkand factory. These have gone on to serve in every DCMS unit since, including the bloody years of the Jihad

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 08 October 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#57 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

what an ugly head O.o

#58 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 October 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

If I'm going to hazard a guess from those options, the Firefly is going to be added.

ECM potential, JJs, but potentially slower engine cap, yet more firepower than the Spider would be in the cards.

It doesn't have actuators yes?

The Mongoose will do nothing more than the current Commando unfortunately.

7E+1M hardpoints stock, 150 engine, JJs for the FFL-3PP, but no LLA or hand.

The FFL-3PP2 has ECM in the arm and has the same 7E hardpoints, M, JJs, XL 150 engine stock.

FFL-4B seems worse, with STD engine, SHS, still 150, only 3E hardpoints, 1M, and AMS on one arm.

The FFL-4C is of course a straight up 4B upgrade, XL engine, DHS, Artemis, but same hardpoints.

None have LAAs, though I'd have to look up the engine formula again. 30 tons and 150 engine.

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 08 October 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Two timeline variants put a hamper on that.

It's only '49:
http://mwomercs.com/clock

And the 10K and C are both '51. Also has C3, and still identical hardpoints.

Edited by Mcgral18, 08 October 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#59 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 08 October 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Not impossible, but not the variants you quoted. BattleTech Master List sez - http://www.masteruni...er?Name=Panther

PNT-9R - 2759 - Available

PNT-10K - 3051 - 2 years beyond timeline

PNT-10K2 - 3075 - 25 years beyond timeline

PNT-12A - 3064 - 15 years beyond timeline

#60 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 08 October 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

None have LAAs, though I'd have to look up the engine formula again. 30 tons and 150 engine.

Apparently "MWOWiki" has the info.
http://mwo.gamepedia...ictions_Formula

The cap is @ 210 naturally (1.4 multiplier), but it'll probably be higher (probably 225 to 250) like the Spider-5D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users