#61 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostThrudvangar, on 09 October 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

clanners still complaining and whining about their easy going mechs getting nerfed but still doing 3x the damage an IS mech can do.... bah

Nerf all you want.. We will still take your everything :ph34r:

#62 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 08 October 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Point of fact, I'm wishing they would roll back every Clan nerf to date and give us TableTop Clanners that I can be afraid of. And then give the vat babies a challenge for CW by nerfing the numbers of mechs they can drop with.

I know that's highly unlikely, and probably impossible to properly balance, but hey, it's wishful thinking time over here.

That's how it worked out in Lore, with Clan 'mechs having superior tech and IS having superior numbers and teamwork. The moment they said that for technical reasons they had to stick with 12 vs 12 for CW, they had no choice but to make Clan 'mechs and IS 'mechs equal otherwise only diehard IS loyalists would play IS in CW.

#63 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PostColonelMetus, on 08 October 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

so it turns out, that after losing my side torso on a dire wolf, i can no longer fire 3 ERML, it shuts down on the 3rd volley.

such fun game design, no one likes shooting their weapons anyway

HEAT MANAGEMENT 101
+ you can wait an extra second after 2 volleys for the third.
+ you can hit the manual override feature for the automatic overheat shutdown.
+ you can chain fire or switch to chain fire after the second volley.

I'm glad to hear that the DW loses much of its effectiveness after losing two Engine slots.

Don't bother to mention what happens to IS mechs that lose a side torse with XL engines installed.
I know, I know, you cannot install a standard engine in a DW. But think if you could, would you?
Would you travel 30KPH? Would you reduce your weapons load by about half to move at 48-53KPH?

I think you should be more mindful to avoid losing half your mech. It is no longer the "I win" button it used to be, but it is still very imposing on the battlefield.

#64 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

View PostFupDup, on 08 October 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think a fair thing to do would be to increase the XL side torso penalties,BUT also retract or at least reduce many of the Clan energy weapon nerfs at the same time.

Why? THe XL penalty is only an issue IF YOU LOSE THE SIDE TORSO. Removing the nerfs means you get all the goodies till you lose a side torso.

The engine heat isn't that bad. It's not tabletop level nerfs, it's at most 3 more HS than you would have otherwise lost due to losing a side torso. Clan tech is still better than IS tech as it stands, and we aren't done yet. Once the IS quirks go in, I'm sure the CLans will get a Quirk pass, and we'll see where things stand then.

#65 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostPhashe, on 09 October 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

hell, I still say clans mechs should also loose 20% or more speed when they loose a side torso.

I guess if half the folks are pissed about the nerf, and half wanted more nerf and did not get it, it must the the compromise that was needed.

in that case no one would ever play clan lights and mediums anymore where you basically can oneshot these sections off. have fun with seeing even more Timberwolves and Direwalfes all over the place.

#66 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,987 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

I wonder if they had this much crying about this and that with the MW2 and MW3 games

#67 Winter Frostfire

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

The clan XL _nerf_ isnt actually a nerf, its more of its flaw, even in TT. its only logical -- if removing 1/3, 2/3 of your engine doesnt affect your mech, i dont know what could.

I miss it when IS pilots are actually forced to THINK of a strategy, because on every aspect a slugfest with clan mechs of equal weight class is supposed to be suicide. Its what made BT/TT interesting for me (one was that battle in the swamp in Tukkayid[?], wherein they forced clan mechs to battle with them in a swamp to even out heat sink differences bet. clan and IS).

Don't get me wrong, its really fun to see these mechs move besides from reading and make-believe games, but i dont know.
Others just sound like they want to have the same guns with different names and be able to slug it out, counter strike style.

The clans didnt invade with numbers. Its not actually fulfilling to be IS here, since the difference is so little. I miss gamers who like challenges like that as well.

For what its worth, 3 Clan medium mechs can supposedly wipeout a normal lance of IS mechs.

#68 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

all the QQ, yet still having a blast in my Vulture. (wish I could say the same for my Summoner, which is kinda MEH)
[

Shame I can't mount any missiles on the NopeVa, since it can't exactly sustain laser fire anymore. Every small and med laser has been nerfed in regard to heat.

Hardpoints make a mech. NopeVa has them, but can't exactly make use of them.

View PostThrudvangar, on 09 October 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

clanners still complaining and whining about their easy going mechs getting nerfed but still doing 3x the damage an IS mech can do.... bah

Then why is my BJ and SHD regularly outscoring my Nova? Is it because they are so much more heat efficient? Better hitboxes? Ability to mount Endo? More pod space?

There are some bad Clam mechs, and bad Clam weapons.

#69 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

Stop whining.

#70 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:02 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 09 October 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

[

Shame I can't mount any missiles on the NopeVa, since it can't exactly sustain laser fire anymore. Every small and med laser has been nerfed in regard to heat.

Hardpoints make a mech. NopeVa has them, but can't exactly make use of them.

Then why is my BJ and SHD regularly outscoring my Nova? Is it because they are so much more heat efficient? Better hitboxes? Ability to mount Endo? More pod space?

There are some bad Clam mechs, and bad Clam weapons.

Try bringing your nova's Heat Management number to the 1.3-1.6 range. Lots of DHS and 2 CERML, 1 CERSL in each arm. Add a ML range and cooldown wep module, adv tgt info module and Radar Deprivation module. You now have an awesome quick and maneuverable Nova skirmisher. with a Target Computer, you can melt paint out to 1km and snipe harass from mid range. At the end of a match when everyone if smashed up you sweep in and vulture wounded mechs and then jump to cover, only to be back from a new direction. 28 point CERML alpha, and close up 36 point alpha, and with Heat at 1.3-1.6, you shed it as fast as you build heat in most maps.

#71 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

View Post7ynx, on 09 October 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

Try bringing your nova's Heat Management number to the 1.3-1.6 range. Lots of DHS and 2 CERML, 1 CERSL in each arm. Add a ML range and cooldown wep module, adv tgt info module and Radar Deprivation module. You now have an awesome quick and maneuverable Nova skirmisher. with a Target Computer, you can melt paint out to 1km and snipe harass from mid range. At the end of a match when everyone if smashed up you sweep in and vulture wounded mechs and then jump to cover, only to be back from a new direction. 28 point CERML alpha, and close up 36 point alpha, and with Heat at 1.3-1.6, you shed it as fast as you build heat in most maps.

I'll just use the better IS mechs, and wait for the DoomCrow. Apparently that's a good mech. It can mount Dakka better than the Suckoner.

#72 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

Dires and Timbers are still crucial for winning games.

#73 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostCarrion Hound, on 09 October 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

Stop whining.

Stop posting.

#74 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Mhm, looks like there will be no Clan Invasion at all, after Clans are made weaker then IS.

#75 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 09 October 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

Mhm, looks like there will be no Clan Invasion at all, after Clans are made weaker then IS.

Blame the group queue. PGI is taking all it's telemetry for nerfing things from the organized players. They don't bother with the solo queue at all as far as balancing is concerned.

#76 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

View Post7ynx, on 09 October 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

Or simply use a SC or any IS mech for this, becasue they can do this and better. WoW, that was the 101 of: how to make your nova a working build but the worst medium mech the game offers. And melt things at 1km? even with max TC and range module the damage of CERML at 1km is low, all you would bable to melt is a piece of butter or a naked red mech..

#77 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

View Postkilgor, on 08 October 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Yes, but at least you're still alive. When an IS 'Mech with XL loses a side torso, they die.

As has been the way for going on 30 years. Without complaint I might add!

#78 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 09 October 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

You realize the alternative is that we just have clan wars right? No one would pilot IS mechs in the current state even after these last nerfs. The IS mechs are still just not competitive.

Take any Atlas and fight it with a Direwolf. Oh look the Direwolf wins. That's called poor design to have the new thing be 100% better than the old thing.

At most with an Atlas you can have about 7 weapons . On the Direwolf you can have double gauss and 6 medium lasers and a hell of a lot more. And you're crying because they are making the clan 100 ton mech be less "automatic win" vs IS mechs? Get real. Let's also not forget that the high firepower build for the Atlas has 400m range max while the clan mech has 800m max with most of its weapons.

Please try playing an IS assault with an XL engine before you cry about clan XL engines being bad.

#79 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostColonelMetus, on 08 October 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

such fun game design, no one likes shooting their weapons anyway

Such fun game design when a single volley from a direwolf takes out my battlemasters front armour by 80%
such fun game design how clan mechs have tons of hardpoints while atlas has only a few
Such fun game design to see a Double gauss/ER PPC destroying everything at long range with Inner sphere having nothing comparable
Such fun game design not being able to return fire because a 6 UAC daishi is blocking your screen with shells but a 4 AC2 IS Jagermech gets ghost heat

SUCH fun game design indeed

#80 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 08 October 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Of course you would, because IS mechs can customize their builds.

Would you make that trade if you could never change the Structure to endo? Could never remove Ferro if it came with it?

How about if every Victor & Highlander came with maximum Jump Jets?

Or maybe I can make a list of stock engine speeds that you could never change?

I stripped my DDC and Boar's head of their stock 300 engines long ago, and went for 340-350 STD and never regretted it.

The trade offs are still worth it for specific clan mechs, but not all of them. Several of them just have not weathered the rounds of nerfs well, combined with their innate chassis flaws.

No Problem.
Then Let my AC5's be 4 tons less, give me double ammo per ton, and let my victor have 4 Ballastic Arm Mounts and 6 Energy Hard points :)

-ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users