65 replies to this topic

#1 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

So had an absolute gutfull of dying to Direwolfs and Timberwolfs being protected by Inner Sphere lights ECM it's being used and abused and i'm starting to seriously think about going back to BF4 till separation happens cause this just sucks the big one. You just can't have a decent match without being totally owned great for the ones doing the owning but utter **** for the one on the receiving end needs looking at and fast.

#2 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:36 AM

Whine much? :wacko:

#3 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

bababbababbaBAP!

Take one! no ECM problems anymore!

Seriously, do you think with seperation you won't see this? there are more clan mechs with ECM incoming. Think about 3 direwolfs, a timber wolf and two hellbringers...

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

So had an absolute gutfull of dying to Direwolfs and Timberwolfs being protected by Inner Sphere lights ECM it's being used and abused and i'm starting to seriously think about going back to BF4 till separation happens cause this just sucks the big one. You just can't have a decent match without being totally owned great for the ones doing the owning but utter **** for the one on the receiving end needs looking at and fast.

How can it be used and abused in a Randomly Generated team? :huh:

#5 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

Godspeed.

#6 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

Easy with a 12 drop to abuse and bap does NOTHING against 4-5 ecm every game nearly

#7 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

Did I miss something? Last I knew ECM completely countered BAP (and not vice versa).

#8 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

Easy with a 12 drop to abuse and bap does NOTHING against 4-5 ecm every game nearly

I will put it that way for you. There is still the slight chance you are not an awful troll:

I am so tired of Atlasses and catapults beeing protected by a kitfox with ecm!
I am srsly thinking about going back to sims 4 untill they fix this.
And *insert random rant*.

You do know that you can counter ECM not only with a BAP but with...well yeah ECM?

Edit:
Not to mention TAG and NARC. UAV.
Or just direct fire weapons and the good old line of sight.

Edited by Sirius Drake, 09 October 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#9 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostSirius Drake, on 09 October 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

I will put it that way for you. There is still the slight chance you are not an awful troll:

I am so tired of Atlasses and catapults beeing protected by a kitfox with ecm!
I am srsly thinking about going back to sims 4 untill they fix this.
And *insert random rant*.

You do know that you can counter ECM not only with a BAP but with...well yeah ECM?

Edit:
Not to mention TAG and NARC. UAV.
Or just direct fire weapons and the good old line of sight.

No it's not a troll and you can't counter multiple ecm had one match recently whilst carrying LRM which I don't do much cause it's pointless atm when the enemy team had 2 ddc's a kitfox and 4 Is light all with ecm so what the hell counters that NOTHING

Edited by Excalabur50, 09 October 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#10 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:10 AM

Actually 90% of IS lights with ECM run off, lone wolf and use their ECM as personal stealth fields. Clan lights on the other hand actually tend to stick with the team due to their much slower speeds (one of the reasons Clan teams outperform IS teams).

Also I had a lovely Wolverine totally dominate my ECM covered Dire Wolf last night. Honestly it was comical how easy of time he had with me and I have to totally acknowledge the reason he beat me so badly....superior piloting skills. He actually used cover very well and kept shifting around the cover in totally unpredictable patterns which combined with my Dire's poor turn and twist characteristics allowed him to pop out and fire before I could re-adjust aim and do more than clip him now and again. It was very frustrating to say the least because most players just stand out in the open and let me unload on them and he just wasn't cooperating with me in that regard.

Point, try using tactics and piloting skill.....they works wonders.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 09 October 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

No it's not a troll and you can't counter multiple ecm had one match recently whilst carrying LRM which I don't do much cause it's pointless atm when the enemy team had 2 ddc's a kitfox and 4 Is light all with ecm so what the hell counters that NOTHING

The easy counter to ECM is Direct Fire Weapons and looking at your opponent. It works for my Lasers, PPCs and ACs...

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostGlythe, on 09 October 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

Did I miss something? Last I knew ECM completely countered BAP (and not vice versa).

One BAP counters one Magic Jesus Box at 120ishM.

As for the OP, shoot the light, or shoot the Whale. It's as easy as that.

#13 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

That's really interesting; I guess I missed that memo. That's how it should have been from the beginning except that if the ECM is going to have the range advantage then BAP should counter ALL ECM in its way.

#14 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Use your eyes to counter it.

#15 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostSirius Drake, on 09 October 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

Use your eyes to counter it.

What kind of stupid comment is that your eyes cannot counter ecm when all you are carrying is lrm's you just cannot fire them

#16 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 October 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

The easy counter to ECM is Direct Fire Weapons and looking at your opponent. It works for my Lasers, PPCs and ACs...

yeah the problem with that is if you can see them they can see you
and a direwolf carrys more direct firepower than any thing else in the game
not something you want to face down in anything other than another direwolf or a timberwolf

iv gota say i completely agree with Excalabur50
it goes both ways too, the IS have their own sets of powerful units and Clans do too
but in group que at least, all we see is the most powerful units of both sides mixed into one terrifying force and anyone not bringing these ultra combos is getting destroyed faster ice in a heat wave
its pretty stupid to see 2x Atlas DDC 1xDirewolf backing 3x Timberwolfs and 3xStormcrows , with a mix of raven,spider,kitfox,jenner,ember
the only weapons that work are direct fire and if you try to go toe to toe with them you get removed from existence

i dont understand why they have not switched over to Clan vs IS full time

#17 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

What kind of stupid comment is that your eyes cannot counter ecm when all you are carrying is lrm's you just cannot fire them

Of course you can. They hit where you point if you have no lock. I am able to hit quite good with them without a lock.
Plus: don't use LRM. Use direct fire.

#18 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:41 AM

All I can say is ATM nothing is balanced properly and until separation nothing really will be and probably some of the clan nerfs won't be needed with better balance between players

#19 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

My Jester eats wolves for breakfast.

You don't want to do face to face long range standoffs against Dires and Timbers. Heck you don't even want to that against IS mechs like the Jager or a Stalker.

The key to dispose of them is to force them close up and get them from an angle: Fast out of cover shoot for the face or ST fast back to cover repeat until it is dead.

What the big clanmechs have in firepower they severely lack in agility. Abuse that.

#20 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostExcalabur50, on 09 October 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

If you only carry one weapon type then yes, the counter to it will seem harsh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users