Sell Me Your Mech!

141 replies to this topic

#101 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

yah hammer hands will be cool that and the clint and mackie pst pgi this is a hint if you are reading this

#102 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Personally I would like to see some light weight ballistics that were viable on light mechs, besides machine guns.

#103 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

U CANT HAZ MY QUICKDRAWS! NO SELLZ DEM!

#104 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

But if I cantz has dem, den I wantz dem! selz me ur meks!

#105 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

nope! nevarrr!

#106 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

So seriously, why Quickdraws? What do you like about them?

#107 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

5k: high mounted ppc :D
mobility.
tankiness.
awesomeness.

#108 Ezra Grimani

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

Battlemaster.
Firepower, speed, armor.

#109 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostDNI Operator, on 05 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Battlemaster.
Firepower, speed, armor.

and a fat mass.

#110 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

ah quickies have there place even if most ppl dont really use them

#111 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Apologies for the prolonged boredom; I've been busy going back and forth between Gothenburg and here doing military things and getting some machinery certificates. I'm gonna promise to do another review in the morning, and it's going to have to be an Assault mech this time. Suggestions?

#112 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Awesome, it would be awesome to do an Awesome write up!

I am so sorry I am overly tired and could not resist :P

#113 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Oh and I am currently accepting sales pitches or any input on Centurions. I have the AH of course but need 2 more. The D seems logical given my affinity for fast, fragile, assault murdering mechs (it is like a gigantic shotgun toting commando :D ) I know the A is kind of the "standard" cent, but the LPL quirks on the AL have kind of caught my fancy. So Centurion fanatics lift your voices and share! What do I need to know?

#114 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 December 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Oh and I am currently accepting sales pitches or any input on Centurions. I have the AH of course but need 2 more. The D seems logical given my affinity for fast, fragile, assault murdering mechs (it is like a gigantic shotgun toting commando :D ) I know the A is kind of the "standard" cent, but the LPL quirks on the AL have kind of caught my fancy. So Centurion fanatics lift your voices and share! What do I need to know?

*** Incoming HPG Transmission**

From: Gunther 'Soul Tribunal' Wolfrum - Cpt. 77th Sol Grenadiers

Dear Exnihilo,

It has been far too many cycles since we have crossed paths. I am still in debt to your lances performance during the uprising on *Static*. I noticed your inquiry come through my unit supply channels and opted to assist you in your request personally out of professional courtesy and gratitude.

We currently deploy both the 'D' Variant (know affectionately as Shredder) and 'AL' Model in our front line skirmishing units. I feel that you will find the 'D' Variant most valuable, ours currently house a field modified 220XL Fusion Engine (just ask Mr.Huge for the Mark VIII FRU *Field Replacement Unit*) along with your standard pattern LBX-10 using Cluster ammunition. The Feed and fire circuits have been totally revamped and modified along with the computer software that controls the algorithm responsible for limiting the rate of fire. As a result you will notice only a very slight interruption between recycles of the chamber. If you want to even take that one step further, there exists a module Mr.Huge sells (it is not cheap) that further refines and speeds the firing sequence (something to do with Gauss fields literally pulling the rounds out of the C.A.S.E and force feeding them).
The design depending on how your unit prefers to equip them is rounded out by Medium Lasers and SRM's. Making it a formidable if somewhat close range fighting unit.
We tend to deploy them in urban and built up enviromnents where we can conceal their movement until they are within effective range.
Now the AL model is a totally different concept than you will find in typical unit structure. The best designs incorporate a pair of High Impulse Large Pulse lasers backed up by a Small SRM and Medium lasers. The best current tactic we employ is strike and fade. With the quick discharge of the LPL units you can strike and vanish avoiding most if not all of the return fire. It has become a favorite tactic of my forward skirmishing lances. Especially successful when combined with our Black Jacks over the hill fire support. I think you will personally find both to be the most respectable of all the currently configured Centurion Chassis.
Be safe out there, and until we meet again remember....Oncoming fire has the right of way.

-Wolf

***End Transmission***

#115 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 20 November 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

I've sold myself on the TDR-5SS. Never thought I'd find a build for it I liked. With 7 MPL and the new Quirks plus the MPL range module, I can reach out as far as 704 m (352m for maximum damage). It made a believer out of me. Drop the MPL Cooldown module in and you can spam MPL all day on chain fire.

Is the Thunderwub the new king of the MPL?

Jody, I got wubbed hard today by a thunderwub in my anansi. One shot while I was running...even the magic hit boxes on my spider couldn't save me. As I watched my beloved anansi tumbling down a hill in terra Therma I thought of you :)

#116 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 08 December 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Jody, I got wubbed hard today by a thunderwub in my anansi. One shot while I was running...even the magic hit boxes on my spider couldn't save me. As I watched my beloved anansi tumbling down a hill in terra Therma I thought of you :)

LOL!, Nice to be thought of. Be careful, the Thunderwub is prowling the Battlefield. ;)

#117 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

***Incoming HPG Transmission***

From: 3xnihilo, House Davion Royal Guard, 1st Scout Lance

To: Gunther 'Soul Tribunal' Wolfrum - Cpt. 77th Sol Grenadiers

My Dear Gunther,

Thank you for the feedback. I believe you have reinforced me in my own thinking. I must confess the reports of your early ejection mishap had me quite concerned for your safety, but I am glad to see that you have recovered. I hope your techs were able to salvage that blackjack. I know how fond you are of that particular 'mech.

Take care my friend. Should you find yourself once more on *static* we should get together and race locusts through the canyon again, you still owe me a rematch!

Yours,

3x

*End Transmission*

#118 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

Raven 2X with XL275 and 4xMPL. It breaks faces

#119 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 08 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Raven 2X with XL275 and 4xMPL. It breaks faces

Nice, I will remember that build when I get around to leveling up my ravens! I am currently running 3ml & NARC on my 3L maybe I will look into an mpl build on that too. (I wuv my wub mwhahahaha)

#120 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hellbringer that I call the Guillotine

http://GUILLOTINE

Its a brilliant headshot machine, seems to be playing and paying out better than my laser vomits and the MGs clean up mechs so easily at the end of fights!

I add ERLL Cooldown 5, ERLL Range 5, Advanced Zoom (for the headshots), Radar Depravation, a UAV and Arty (Airstrikes hit in a long strip oriented away from your current facing, Arty hits in a circular blob... much better for a huddle of mechs)

Good games are around 750 damage and up with 3 kills and lots of assists.

I've parked my Twolf Laser Vomits for these 3 machines for now.

"Clan Snow Raven, Ravens Watch Hellbringer Guillotine edition, the next word in efficiency and convenience and the epitome of our ethos, waste nothing.

Equipping a trio of Large Laser units together into a compact housing next to the pilots left shoulder allows the ability to put beams on target precisely where intended and within a very tight grouping. Extended Range models are fitted as standard reducing the chance of the Watch member being identified.

Each beam is delayed by 0.5secs to allow the preceeding beam to perform its assigned task.The first beam burns an 80mm diameter core through Armourglass allowing the second beam to remove a similar sized core of the pilot without suffering any refraction issues. The final beam removes all traces of sweat, hair, makeup and other miscellaneous biological materials from the seat back, along with the seat back itself and for convenience sake, the pilots personal effects stored in the locker behind the seat.

Four machine guns are fitted as a distraction device, to cause the victim to pause and open a channel to laugh at the ineffectual 12.7mm solid rounds flattening themselves uselessly against their armour.This allows the Watch member the time to smirk before cleansing the now stationary cockpit. As an added bonus they are useful for beginning the removal process of any insignia to speed up salvage turn around times. A skilled trueborn may even be able to put a few through the Laser burned screen to ricochet around the now vacant cockpit and sweep away any offensive superfluous decorations mounted there.

ECM is fitted to ensure Watch anonymity is maintained and to assist the Tech Caste in their salvage operations. Resources are at a premium. Avoiding having to dispatch multiple witnesses and thus taxing the techs salvage and recovery teams with more than one unit to recover at a time is desirable. Satisfied techs reduce equipment failure rates.

Future upgrades include utilising the vacant head mounted weapons hardpoint for a high pressure fluids delivery system, for the free births among us, a hose. It is envisioned this would be triggered immediately after the 3rd beam to begin the sanitisation and forensic cleaning procedure, further assisting the Techs in reducing the turn around times for repatriation of the salvaged unit.

Clan Snow Raven - Waste Nothing, Trust No One, Befriend Everyone, Become Invaluable"

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 08 December 2014 - 04:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users