• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 10 October 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

There is merit for, and against that.

For: With current map and mode mechanics.. the 12mech deathball is the most surefire way to succeed. (Even if it can be bland and repetitive.)
Against: Splitting up the team in the first place is a nudge in the direction of smaller engagements, actual skirmishes and such.

Six in one, half dozen in the other.... What we have now is forced vulnerability like the OP describes. Player takes a bad mech to teh fight, that's the player's problem. Game posts that player closest to the enemy in a group of other bads giving the enemy team an almost instant 4 kills and number superiority? That's the game's problem....

#22 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

I was wondering about this—I didn't see it in the patch notes but I've noticed it in-game. As I mostly pilot assault mechs this change is nice for me as it saves time grouping with the other heavies at the start of the match. But for some maps like Alpine it could be a disaster as, for example, an assault lance at the lowest spawn point will take forever to join the fight.

I do think some form of building lances by weight class is a great idea, it just needs a little tweaking. Perhaps building lances of lights/mediums and heavy/assaults rather than L/M/H/A. Or perhaps breaking each lance down into two pairs of mechs and just making sure each pair is the same class. So you could have a lance of AA/LL or HH/MM or MM/LL. Two mechs supporting each other is power multiplier.

Edited by Gauvan, 10 October 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#23 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hey guys,

This was an intentional change for solo queue only, that was brought in when the matchmaking branch was reintegrated to remove the vote changes. Due to this, the change wasn't in the patch notes.

#24 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostKarl Berg, on 10 October 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hey guys,

This was an intentional change for solo queue only, that was brought in when the matchmaking branch was reintegrated to remove the vote changes. Due to this, the change wasn't in the patch notes.

Seems like a good change to me. It's certainly far more lore-friendly than the old way.

I do wish the spawns could be juggled a bit, but I understand if it would take too much effort for the return.

#25 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

I like it and find it useful, both in starting position and in reading the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users