84 replies to this topic

#61 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 12 October 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Getting a kill is the entire point of MechWarrior!!!! If not, GG close PGI start packing your desks.
Getting the kill is NOT selfish, and this type of bs adds to why no one will fight in a PUG match now. Trolling around tapping each enemy to try to get 12 assists in a light also is not helpful. When you are an assault mech or heavy, getting the kill and dealing high levels of damage should absolutely be rewarded equally to the guy who hits a lot of enemies only once or twice with an ERLL or 2. Lets make kill assists require you do at least 25 percent damage to a mech at the least.

Yes, yes.We all agree your Dire Wolf alpha is the deciding factor in every match.

#62 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

If you want to bank the premium day until you can start using it, stop playing right after hitting the challenge mark. You have 15 minutes grace after the reward total posts to log out. Then, when you next log in, the reward day will automatically inject and start. Totally realize this solution isn't for everybody, but it's good for me personally as a working dad with usually very limited playtime of maybe 2 hours tops per day, and often more like 1 hour.

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 12 October 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

So, what's this new "LOCK DAMAGE ASSIST" ? I only saw it once I started running an LRM loadout. I have a target info gathering module, but nothing else special about the build.

Searched, but only came up with this thread and no official answers.

So, Paul, what is this new reward?

Jody

Edit: Just ran an SSRM based loadout and saw it in that match as well. So, what gives? How do I capitalize on this new reward?

Yeah, was curious about this message popping up all the time too.

#63 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 12 October 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Getting a kill is the entire point of MechWarrior!!!! If not, GG close PGI start packing your desks.
Getting the kill is NOT selfish, and this type of bs adds to why no one will fight in a PUG match now.
Getting a kill isn't selfish. Getting a kill at the expense of the team is a problem, and it's common practice when kills are worth more than assists.

They either should be even, or they should also award points for component destruction, which would make them even. You wouldn't get folks complaining either way.

#64 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 12 October 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

So, what's this new "LOCK DAMAGE ASSIST" ? I only saw it once I started running an LRM loadout. I have a target info gathering module, but nothing else special about the build.

Searched, but only came up with this thread and no official answers.

So, Paul, what is this new reward?

Jody

Edit: Just ran an SSRM based loadout and saw it in that match as well. So, what gives? How do I capitalize on this new reward?

Paul would you please explain what this assist actually means?

Also the Locked Counter ECM?

#65 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

"taking the piss" is British-speak for "trolling."

#66 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 10 October 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

If kills are worth more, I see your point, if it's equal, then I disagree.

Why not base the points on the contribution to the kill? You get XP relative to the % of damage to the mech you make, so apply the same principle to the score.

Kill scores
less than 50dmg = 0 (Because with respect any mech that does less damage either got p4wned or needs to carry harder.. ..light that get less should at least make up points from spot assists).
51-150dmg = 1
151-250dmg = 2
251+ = 3

Edited by White Bear 84, 12 October 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#67 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

Just an FYI, we probably won't see anything from Devs today. It's Canadian Thanksgiving Day today.

#68 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

the hanging items look absolutely dreadful.

Best in cockpit item is still the NVidea Fairy, rest look like junk

#69 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 October 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

the hanging items look absolutely dreadful.

Best in cockpit item is still the NVidea Fairy, rest look like junk

opinion, not fact

I personally find the 4 leaf clover to be my favorite, and the Nvidia fairy looks like a )-(00k3R that got ahold of some bad crack... must have bought it from the hag, "Hula Girl"

Edited by Uminix, 13 October 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#70 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

In regards to the lock reward, and a few others, they stated they have been tracking a bunch of stats that were "hidden", but the last patch someone farked up some settings and it sounds like some became unhidden, while one's like narc and tag became hidden. Meaning, that you aren't getting the proper points for narc\tag assists and some other previously "hidden" stat collections maybe inadvertently being awarded currently.

#71 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostTarmac, on 10 October 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

"We apologize for this inconvenience."

Have those resposible been sacked? When do we get to see "Ralph" the wonder llamma?

Those responsible for sacking those who have been sacked, have just been sacked. We apologize for any further inconveniences. ~Grins.

One...Two...Five!
Three sir.
Three!

Edited by Sandtiger, 13 October 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#72 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostUminix, on 13 October 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

opinion, not fact

I personally find the 4 leaf clover to be my favorite, and the Nvidia fairy looks like a )-(00k3R that got ahold of some bad crack... must have bought it from the hag, "Hula Girl"

LOL, There you go ripping on fairy's again. You just leave her alone! =p As for the four leaf clover. It reminds me of some cheap dime store token that you buy your kids just to keep them from screaming at the checkout. Can we say impulse item on clearance?

I'll take my Gaudy Smoke Jaguar impulse clearance item every time ~Grins.

#73 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostDragomir Zelenka, on 12 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Yes, yes.We all agree your Dire Wolf alpha is the deciding factor in every match.

Thats cute! Considering that some of us don't Alpha in our Dire Wolf's. I personally get more kills in my light and medium mechs because I know where to hit a target. By the way, since we are broaching the subject. Their is nothing wrong with Alpha strikes. If a player wants to be shut down and torn to salvage for utilizing it unwisely, then let them. Easier prey for me. However, for those who want that last punch to get the glory of the kill, I'm fine with that as well. Alphas are not a problem.

#74 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Glad the tag and narc bonus was removed... since I used neither.

Even with some derp matches got each challenge done in 10-12 drops.

#75 Ice Bones

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

my premium time auto activated, so it was useless and the e-mail to support asking to have it reinstated was ignoned.
If I had know that, I wouldn't have bothered to try to complete it.
thanks PGI,

Edited by Ice Bones, 13 October 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#76 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

Premium time for these challenges has always activated on redeeming.

Kind of wish it did not but on the flip side it is FREE premium time and I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 14 October 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#77 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostIce Bones, on 13 October 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

my premium time auto activated, so it was useless and the e-mail to support asking to have it reinstated was ignoned.
If I had know that, I wouldn't have bothered to try to complete it.
thanks PGI,

and if you didn't know about the challenge, chances are, you would have been forced into the right type of match enough to have gotten the challenge without noticing it, it was that easy... not to mention that a support ticket to complain about how YOU don't like the rewards setup is probably not going to make them worry about you much at all

#78 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

OK, don't know where else to put this and it kinda falls under reward tracking (IMHO)

Why do I have to log out of my client each match if I want to know how much mech and gxp I have total, why doesn't it just show up any more? is this a known bug? if not what all info should I send in to support...

#79 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostUminix, on 14 October 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

OK, don't know where else to put this and it kinda falls under reward tracking (IMHO)

Why do I have to log out of my client each match if I want to know how much mech and gxp I have total, why doesn't it just show up any more? is this a known bug? if not what all info should I send in to support...

This sounds slightly confusing. Where are you looking for this informaiton? If you go into the Skills tab, you should see GXP listed on the lower left side. If you click on a mech in the lists, then you should see it there as well. Or are you referring to the Mechlab, which I can't remember if it was there previously, but no it doesn't show there currently.

#80 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

View Postbane, on 14 October 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

This sounds slightly confusing. Where are you looking for this informaiton? If you go into the Skills tab, you should see GXP listed on the lower left side. If you click on a mech in the lists, then you should see it there as well. Or are you referring to the Mechlab, which I can't remember if it was there previously, but no it doesn't show there currently.

Thanks for trying to help but I know how the UI works.

After matches, when I go into the skills tab, the gxp has not changed, and when I click on any of my mechs specifically to check their skills and xp, it does not show up.

I have been having to log out of the game and back into the game to be able to see the changes and potentially use the xp (either kind) because it does not update until I log out/ back in again

Edited by Uminix, 14 October 2014 - 08:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users