Give The C1 Catapult Back It's Torso Twist!

47 replies to this topic

#1 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

My founders Cat used to be awesome, my favorite mech.

Please give the torso twist back to the C1 as a mech quirk! It definitely needs help to face up to the MadCat and MadDog.

Edited by Rashhaverak, 10 October 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

How about the K2s other 2 E hardpoints?

#3 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 October 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 October 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Nah, the CPLT-K2 was always intended as an AC40 mech with no armour in the huge, useless arms mounting small lasers.

<sigh>

#5 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

The K2 always had a smaller torso twist. I agree that the C1/C4/A1 should get their owl neck twists back. It was very useful as a support mech to be able to run in the other direction covering my retreat with missiles. Especially in the era of "Stupid pubbies run away to leave mechs to die"

#6 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

wait they took the twist from the founders cat?

/glad i stoped playing
//only come back to see if my shattered hope isnt so shattered

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:02 AM

Give the Catapult flexible launchers, aka the T-Wolf version.

#8 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

Okay, so Russ previewed the Jester quirk, but still nothing on the other catapults.

Russ posted that negative movement quirks would be revoked on most mechs, but does that mean the nerfs to the catapult torso twist will be removed, and the full rotation will be restored?

#9 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

The poor Jester's twist was nerfed severely compared to the other Jumping Cats.

#10 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostSnowDragon, on 10 October 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

The K2 always had a smaller torso twist. I agree that the C1/C4/A1 should get their owl neck twists back. It was very useful as a support mech to be able to run in the other direction covering my retreat with missiles. Especially in the era of "Stupid pubbies run away to leave mechs to die"

Pffft, no, the K2 had it's twist nerfed waay back before the Jager because it could be the BOOMCat.

It's still Nerfed. You can have that owl twist when I get the same Bub.

#11 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 10 October 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Nah, the CPLT-K2 was always intended as an AC40 mech with no armour in the huge, useless arms mounting small lasers.

<sigh>
really? Thats funny. Mine has 400 of 422 armor, medium lasers in the arms ;) and has the 2 AC-20, DHS, Endo steel, 61.7 kph and a heat efficiency of 1.3

I manage just fine :)

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

Catapult used to have an incredible torso twist... in fact, it was 140 degrees (before eliting, after eliting, you got 168 degrees).

Way back in the day, PGI screwed up on the efficiencies... as Twist X didn't work properly on mechs that had no arm articulation (don't ask why, they simply coded it wrong).

Source (oopsie on efficiencies):
http://mwomercs.com/...82-05-feb-2013/

Fixed assessment of multi-rank pilot efficiencies

Catapult torso twist nerfs:
http://mwomercs.com/...04-19-mar-2013/

Catapult Variant Quirks
- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 120.
- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their arm pitch angle reduced from 45 to 35.
- The CPLT-K2 has had its torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 110.

Sad.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 October 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#13 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Catapult used to have an incredible torso twist... in fact, it was 140 degrees (before eliting, after eliting, you got 168 degrees).

Catapult torso twist nerfs:
http://mwomercs.com/...04-19-mar-2013/

Right. So if will the nerfs on the cat's be revoked like they were for the Victors?

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 17 October 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Right. So if will the nerfs on the cat's be revoked like they were for the Victors?

Not sure... but probably not (I bet Russ forgot about said changes that were probably made by Paul). We don't know what exactly is on the table.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 October 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#15 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Not sure... but probably not (I bet Russ forgot about said changes that were probably made by Paul). We don't know what exactly is on the table.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Russ will wander by and let us know.....

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

You know, I read all this about Catapults and torso twist...and I kinda agree it will help it...

....but then I look at Battletech... and the fact that Catapults ~Never~ had torso twist in the entire history of their Battletech service....and so every Mechwarrior that has given them twist has been slapping Battletech. And none have slapped Battletech harder or more insultingly than MWO. I'd like to be able to lock targets that I can see even if not directly in front of me as if I had lower arm actuators, even though the catapult does not have lower arm actuators.

Le sigh.
It sucks being a purist.

Let the backward shooting Catapults commence.

#17 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

I hope they fix the CT on the K2 and to a lesser degree the missile variants. Torso twist has never been a problem for me concerning the Cats.
Just getting cored 4 times out of 5. Twist in a K2 and still get cored. Get cored by missiles from any direction.
Sigh.
Love you Koniving but really? BT again?...Give it a rest.

#18 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostKoniving, on 17 October 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

You know, I read all this about Catapults and torso twist...and I kinda agree it will help it...

....but then I look at Battletech... and the fact that Catapults ~Never~ had torso twist in the entire history of their Battletech service....and so every Mechwarrior that has given them twist has been slapping Battletech. And none have slapped Battletech harder or more insultingly than MWO. I'd like to be able to lock targets that I can see even if not directly in front of me as if I had lower arm actuators, even though the catapult does not have lower arm actuators.

Le sigh.
It sucks being a purist.

Let the backward shooting Catapults commence.

I could just say "For Balance, Corerule ignore", but it wouldn't be a proper response... let alone give proper justice to the issue.

I think that in many of the previous MW games where torso twist was limited (Nova being the primary example), they didn't get much of a fair shake in terms of being able to survive in a video game. It's hard to properly appreciate them in the original context of the mech... then again, there were some MW games that allowed of 360 torso-twist (MW3 didn't quite have it 360, but close enough, MW4 had it for the notable ones).

You can only hold true to some of the values... but it can only work to a certain extent. Unless you can find ways to make it "lore friendly", some stuff has to be made friendly to a video game.

#19 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 17 October 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Okay, so Russ previewed the Jester quirk, but still nothing on the other catapults.

Russ posted that negative movement quirks would be revoked on most mechs, but does that mean the nerfs to the catapult torso twist will be removed, and the full rotation will be restored?

I saw the Jesters quirks and I really hope that's not all it's getting because it's completely lacking. The Cat's, esp the Jester and K2, need armor buffs like many other smaller targets are getting but all I see atm is a small buff to LL's. Definitely not fitting for a T4 mech listed as T3. If it's left as is I suppose it will just be another lesson on not bothering to buy hero mechs.

#20 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

I could just say "For Balance, Corerule ignore", but it wouldn't be a proper response... let alone give proper justice to the issue.

I think that in many of the previous MW games where torso twist was limited (Nova being the primary example), they didn't get much of a fair shake in terms of being able to survive in a video game. It's hard to properly appreciate them in the original context of the mech... then again, there were some MW games that allowed of 360 torso-twist (MW3 didn't quite have it 360, but close enough, MW4 had it for the notable ones).

You can only hold true to some of the values... but it can only work to a certain extent. Unless you can find ways to make it "lore friendly", some stuff has to be made friendly to a video game.

That's very well put.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users