Camo Specs Confusion

Store

5 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

So I have never purchased anything but colors for MC before. So my logic goes as follows I purchase a camo spec Raider for my Catapult and do a couple other ones as well due to this new sale so I happily go to customize my other non catapult variants with said new camo specs. Mind you I avoid doing the one shots ones because I figured those must be limited to said chassis you purchase on or why would they be so cheap.

So I select my shadow hawk and go into his selection of camo specs only to notice it was locked asking me to purchase it....... so I figure maybe if I relog into the game it will fix itself nope the camo spec is still locked..... why would you DO THIS it doesn't make any sense game wise or money wise....no one drops 1,250 MC on a color to lock it to ONE MECH so why are you doing it with camo specs.

PS Tell me I am wrong about camo specs and it was just a glitch. If its not a glitch a ticket is incoming that's for sure.

Edited by SpeedingBus, 10 October 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#2 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostFrosty Brand, on 10 October 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Sadly, as I learned with my raven, unlocked Camo patterns are limited to the mech and it's line of variants: in your case the catapult unlocked the pattern for any future 'pults you buy. Yeah general consensus IIRC is one shots are superior, unless they decide to make them universal to your account.

Sadly, as I learned with my raven, unlocked Camo patterns are limited to the mech and it's line of variants: in your case the catapult unlocked the pattern for any future 'pults you buy. Yeah general consensus IIRC is one shoots are superior, unless they decide to make them universal to your account.

Edited by Frosty Brand, 10 October 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#3 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Camo Specs a chassis specific.
You can buy a 1 shot use for that Chassis - Say Catapult C1 or You can purchase the Camo for ALL Catapults.
The one shot will stay on your mech as long as you do not change it,
The Other version can be changed as often as you like (thus the higher MC cost) but it is limited to the chassis you made the original purchase for.

Colours- On the other hand are purchased once and can be used on any mech and changed at your whim.

#4 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

View Postvettie, on 10 October 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

Camo Specs a chassis specific.
You can buy a 1 shot use for that Chassis - Say Catapult C1 or You can purchase the Camo for ALL Catapults.
The one shot will stay on your mech as long as you do not change it,
The Other version can be changed as often as you like (thus the higher MC cost) but it is limited to the chassis you made the original purchase for.

Colours- On the other hand are purchased once and can be used on any mech and changed at your whim.

wait really if you change a one shot you lose it again? ummm that seems really sketchy..... to say the least. Also why is zero information on this stuff??? How am I suppose to know they have this crazy logic on how stuff in store works.

Putting in a ticket hope that solves it.

Edited by SpeedingBus, 10 October 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#5 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 10 October 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

wait really if you change a one shot you lose it again? ummm that seems really sketchy..... to say the least. Also why is zero information on this stuff??? How am I suppose to know they have this crazy logic on how stuff in store works.

Putting in a ticket hope that solves it.

That is why it is a 'one shot' camo'. If you like it,then keep it and dont change. I have several mechs done this way. Remember here that you can change the colours of that 1 shot camo as often as you like.

If you wan to change camo patterns often, then the higher priced camos are the way to go AND you can use them on ALL chassis variants of theone you originally purchased it for (Say Catapults 0 you can use it for the A1, C1, C4 and K2 and any future variants that may be added - not the Jester as it is a Hero and has its own specific camo but again the colours can be changed)

These things are documented in various places on the forums, you must use the search to find them. I agree that there should be more info in the paint shop before you purchase, but the game is still in its infancy.

This is a Free to Play Game and MC / Camo / Heros / Cockpit items and other do dads as well as packages are how they make their money and support the game.

Customer Support has ALWAYS be very helpful if you made a purchase and didnt understand the implications. Drop them a mail @ support@mwomercs.com and explain your situation. Do not be rude or overbearing. They can be helpful and usually do try to be.

Sorry you had issues. Going forward, I suggest a search or just a question on the forums. People here will help if they can. After all, it is your money.

#6 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Paint Schemes = Usable on ANY MECH ANY VARIANT

Camouflage Schemes = = Usable on ANY MECH OF THAT VARIANT

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users