26 replies to this topic

#1 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

Currently I have my Jagermech running 2x AC/5 - 2x AC/2 and 2 Medium Lasers running an XL 245 engine.

I see alot of people using 3x AC/5 on this build with a medium laser or two. I am curious to know what you guys think a good build would be. I would love to build a standard engine so I don't pop so easy, but it seems like unless i want to down the amount of ballistics there isn't much I can do but run an XL on this mech. Kind of silly for it to support 4 ballistic spots, but not be able to do anything with it unless you want to run some cheesy stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

I run mine with an AC20, an AC10, and 2 med. Forgot what engine. No ghost heat with group firing the ACs. With the AC20 cool down and range modules, that's a reliable 30 pt alpha at over 300 meters.

#3 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:10 AM

JM6 are frail heavy mech with lot's of high ballistic hard points. Good for hill humping (shooting using an hill/other as cover trying to expose as little as possible of the mech) and with some moderately fast build it's considered a good support mech and a bad brawler. Even the (in)famous boomjager (2xAC20) usually is considered too squishy to be on the front.
Ballistic are heavy, so the JM6 usually wants xl to gain some free tonnage, but at the same time the wide side torsoes make the choice dangerous and make jm6 pilots to stay away from the fray.

Just an advice: every mech need 10 heat sink. Less than that and you can't play it. Moreover the heat sinks inside the engine are more efficient than that outside. So is usually convenient to use at least a 250 engine (255 if xl as it weighs the same) as it has 10 heat sink internally.

Let's see what the JM6-S do better or worse in comparison to other JM6:

JM6-DD is the best chassis for UAC5 boating, only 2 laser slot
JM6-A is the only missile capable chassis, let's ignore it as it's totally another type of build
Firebrand has usually ignored ppc quirks, but can make good use of 2B 6E

JM6-S has quirks for AC5, AC2 and generic quirks for energy heat and duration. The best options, to me, is to use all the energy hard points for a (relatively) fast flanker or a slower ac5 boat.

Here three builds that i have done quickly: 2 std builds and 1 xl build that's a blend of the others.

Fast std skirmisher
JM6-S

AC5 std boat
JM6-S

AC5 xl boat
JM6-S

#4 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:24 AM

Wasnt the Dual Gauss the flavor of the month?

#5 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostMikeBend, on 03 June 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

Wasnt the Dual Gauss the flavor of the month?

Well, to say the truth it's the flavor of many past months :lol:
It works, require a bit of practice to get used to charge mechanic. Can be rewarding or punishing, as someone says feast or famine. Only works with xl for obvious tonnage problems.

GR build
JM6-S

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

Triple AC5 is the safest option but if you are a Dakkaholic like me, you will put quad AC5 on the Jager-S and use chain fire. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 03 June 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#7 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 June 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

Triple AC5 is the safest option but if you are a Dakkaholic like me, you will put quad AC5 on the Jager-S and use chain fire. ;)

Something like this?

4xAC5
JM6-S

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostSerberk, on 03 June 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

Something like this?

4xAC5
JM6-S

Wonderful.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:05 AM

The S with 3 ac-5s is my most consistent and favorite mech. Once you learn it and its tactical placement you can score regular with it.

#10 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

Quad AC5 on mine nets me 800dmg or so when i play and multiple kills. Unlike the person above me i do not chain fire, i volley fire all 4 guns at a time. I've taken Dires, Atlas & more down with this especially when those assault mechs have either been concentrating on killing another Assualt (Dire) or waiting to get into range (Atlas brawler).

#11 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

trip UAC5

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d4740d215e44a5

you can downgrade the engine and add 2 ML if you want too, but in the PUG queue i prefer speed over backup weapons

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostCwStrife, on 02 June 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Currently I have my Jagermech running 2x AC/5 - 2x AC/2 and 2 Medium Lasers running an XL 245 engine.

I see alot of people using 3x AC/5 on this build with a medium laser or two. I am curious to know what you guys think a good build would be. I would love to build a standard engine so I don't pop so easy, but it seems like unless i want to down the amount of ballistics there isn't much I can do but run an XL on this mech. Kind of silly for it to support 4 ballistic spots, but not be able to do anything with it unless you want to run some cheesy stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions!

You should build it how YOU like. I'm not piloting it so why should you build it my way?

#13 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:19 AM

i use mine with xl295, 2 gauss+5 tons, for cw

in normal queue i usually play mechs with smallest numbers, so not many heavies often

if you like std, i would try something like i use on the dd, std275, 2 ac5+5 tons, 4ml, 2 mg+0.5 tons, 12 hs

#14 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 03 June 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

trip UAC5

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d4740d215e44a5

you can downgrade the engine and add 2 ML if you want too, but in the PUG queue i prefer speed over backup weapons

But to say the truth for UAC5 the JM6-DD is the chassis to go ;)

#15 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:08 AM

Since the S-variant has AC5 and AC2 quirks, it doesn't really make sense to put different ballistics on it (UAC5 is for DD and Gauss/AC20 is for A). AC2s kind of suck, so quad AC5 is the way to go, IMO. I use an XL280 on all my Jagers as they struggle with tonnage if you use standard engines and the XL280 seems to leave enough room for ammunition while providing pretty decent speed.

Also, defintiely do not chain fire unless you just enjoy the dakka too much. Pin point shots from all four guns are more likely to cause crippling damage and you don't really have time to chain through all your guns when quickly peeking over a hill, anyway.

Edited by Leiska, 03 June 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#16 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostLeiska, on 03 June 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Since the S-variant has AC5 and AC2 quirks, it doesn't really make sense to put different ballistics on it (UAC5 is for DD and Gauss/AC20 is for A). AC2s kind of suck, so quad AC5 is the way to go, IMO. I use an XL280 on all my Jagers as they struggle with tonnage if you use standard engines and the XL280 seems to leave enough room for ammunition while providing pretty decent speed.

Also, defintiely do not chain fire unless you just enjoy the dakka too much. Pin point shots from all four guns are more likely to cause crippling damage and you don't really have time to chain through all your guns when quickly peeking over a hill, anyway.

I'd argue that JM6-S is a better platform for gauss than A.

JM6-A generic ballistic quirks:

-velocity 10%
-range 20%

JM6-S generic ballistic quirks:

-cooldown 7,50%
-velocity 10%
-range 10%

Unless the engagement is at really great distance usually the cooldown bonus should be better imo!

#17 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

HOW SHOULD I BUILD JAGERMECH JM6-S

With Gauss.

#18 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 03 June 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Not working: only 9 heatsinks ;)
you shouldn't need more than 60 rounds (and 50 should be enough).

#19 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostSerberk, on 03 June 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

I'd argue that JM6-S is a better platform for gauss than A.

JM6-A generic ballistic quirks:

-velocity 10%
-range 20%

JM6-S generic ballistic quirks:

-cooldown 7,50%
-velocity 10%
-range 10%

Unless the engagement is at really great distance usually the cooldown bonus should be better imo!

I guess it's pretty close, yeah. Still, I like to snipe from extreme ranges as it makes return fire largely ineffective. Even without the CD bonus I've occasionally shot my A-variant guns dry.

#20 Serberk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostGrisbane, on 03 June 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

best way to use a jager? sell it, get a King Crab, do pretty much everything the Jager can do better?

don't see a real use for the thing.. way too frail for a heavy. it's one of those chassis that has been made redundant by the inclusion of other, better mechs.

if you are just one of those collectors, the dual gauss is good on the chassis.. not as good as a King Crab with 3 ERLarge or 2 PPCS backing it up.. but its still pretty good.

Well, not only the King Crab has 35 ton more than the Jager, but is an entirely other category (heavy vs assault). In it's category it remained the best IS chassis for high ballistic hardpoint and, even if it's true that other heavy's can perform better in other areas, in that one is the best. If you want high ballistic hardpoint in a heavy IS chassis, Jager is the choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users