Simple Module Equipping System

5 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:25 AM

One of the biggest things i hear people complain about in game is having to track down and install modules.
It can easily take several minutes of waiting around as someone goes from mech to mech hunting for a mod.
Then of course they have to unequip it, save (which takes WAY to long for some reason)
Reselect the mech their building, add the mod, then after the 30 sec prooccess of saving again they can ready up.
Now multiply that if you're in a large group.

Simple solution:

If you own the mod, it appears in your mechlab screen regardless of where it's equiped.

Drag it to the current mech your building and get a pop up.

"This module is currently equipped on a different Mech
Would you like to remove it and install it here?"

YES NO

With one click you've found the mod, removed it and placed it on your current mech.
I cannot express the amount of time and frustration this would save all of us.

Often, little quality of life improvements like this can keep your player base happy and in game.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

No, please don't!

The next one will aks for the same feature for reactors, then weapons. It would completly devalue the current grind needed to earn such things, possibly multiple times.

Of course, everyone would be happy. They essentially got a lot of free stuff. But do you really want everything served on a silver platter for you?

If you want a module in multiple mechs, then earn it and buy it. Or deal with the mechlab switcheroo, if you don't have the c-bills or are to greedy..

#3 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostEgomane, on 15 October 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

No, please don't!

The next one will aks for the same feature for reactors, then weapons. It would completly devalue the current grind needed to earn such things, possibly multiple times.

Of course, everyone would be happy. They essentially got a lot of free stuff. But do you really want everything served on a silver platter for you?

If you want a module in multiple mechs, then earn it and buy it. Or deal with the mechlab switcheroo, if you don't have the c-bills or are to greedy..

Engines are one thing, modules are another. Frankly, the OP makes and excellent point.

Besides, not all of us are rolling in dough. Some are too poor to purchase a half-dozen Radar Deprivation Modules you know!

#4 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 15 October 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Besides, not all of us are rolling in dough. Some are too poor to purchase a half-dozen Radar Deprivation Modules you know!

So am I! I have plenty of mechs but a dangerously low amount of c-bills.

If I want a new module, or less work in the mechlab, I already know what I have to do. I don't want an easy way out. I want to know that I earned all the benefits I am using. This suggestion would take that away, as only stupids would still buy multiples in such a case.

And engines are really not that much cheaper then a module, when we are talking about XLs. I can almost guarantee, that this would be the next suggestion, if we get this module switching thing. And how would you argue against it? It's the same concept! You can't just handwave it away as a different thing.

#5 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostEgomane, on 15 October 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

So am I! I have plenty of mechs but a dangerously low amount of c-bills.

If I want a new module, or less work in the mechlab, I already know what I have to do. I don't want an easy way out. I want to know that I earned all the benefits I am using. This suggestion would take that away, as only stupids would still buy multiples in such a case.

And engines are really not that much cheaper then a module, when we are talking about XLs. I can almost guarantee, that this would be the next suggestion, if we get this module switching thing. And how would you argue against it? It's the same concept! You can't just handwave it away as a different thing.

I can live with the current system if we could at least get some sort of search tool to find our gear. That, at least, is reasonable. In real life, everything would be inventoried and its position noted. In the UI though, the only way to find stuff is to go clicking around like a maniac.

For me, it's not so much the "Drag and Drop" thing as it is for an ability to quickly find equipment in the UI. I don't mind having to switch everything out if I can at least find where I put stuff.

#6 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 15 October 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I can live with the current system if we could at least get some sort of search tool to find our gear. That, at least, is reasonable. In real life, everything would be inventoried and its position noted. In the UI though, the only way to find stuff is to go clicking around like a maniac.

For me, it's not so much the "Drag and Drop" thing as it is for an ability to quickly find equipment in the UI. I don't mind having to switch everything out if I can at least find where I put stuff.

That, I can agree to!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users