7 replies to this topic

#1 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 06 June 2022 - 06:36 PM

I know each person can see what damage they did to their teammates. I would like to see how much they did too!
I just finished a match where a teammate in a Direwolf firing ACs kept shooting me in the back. He was just firing away no matter who or what was in front of him. It didn't matter that I was there firing first, he just walked up behind me and started blasting. He did it 3 times, almost killing me. As it was, he left me with an open back and right side torso.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 06:46 PM

Good idea. Something you can do now is torso twist to spread damage as much as you can and then let him kill you. It will lower his match score to 0 and give him a 5min timeout the first time if you can tank 150 damage before you die. The second time will be 4 hours timeout.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 June 2022 - 11:08 AM

Hello there, '1Exitar1'... I think you probably have a nice idea there, and it should get a SUPPORT from me. :)

That said, further additions to the End-Of-Match Screen are currently near impossible due to the density of what is already there for viewing. If we're going to have any more stats added there, then some changes to that display become necessary for it to work properly in the future. First off, we need the ability to scroll that content sideways, as the current amount of content (like I sort of mentioned) is far too thick right now. Second, the period of time after the Match to look at things is going to need a massive extension. Only being allowed around 45 seconds after a Match really does not help most players with having the time to understand stuff and read the whole roster properly. It should be bumped up to at least 90 seconds in order to provide the proper time for most people trying to actually review things and/or get screenshots of it. Third and finally, whoever messed up the ability to access the Reporting Menu on the End-Of-Match Scoreboard really needs to repair that, because there are times where names are becoming impossible to click at all, and it's a major pain! :mellow:

~D. V. "likes your EoM idea to make Team Damage visible, but sees some blockers to doing it currently" Devnull

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:53 PM

That's a great idea!

And it's especially refreshing to see that this has come from a newer playing joining MWO; welcome to MWO !

View Post1Exitar1, on 06 June 2022 - 06:36 PM, said:

I know each person can see what damage they did to their teammates. I would like to see how much they did too! ...

#5 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 June 2022 - 10:25 PM

So kinda like a dps check in mmorpgs.. While i like the idea these things tend to be really really toxic with elitists..

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 10:54 PM

id like to see it. there are some players i cant tell if they are stupid or hitting their team intentionally.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 12:07 AM

This thread has been moved to Feature Suggestions

#8 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 12:50 AM

Would have loved to seen this feature when my old unit was a regular participant in FW. Team damage was almost (well truth to be told, actually was) a badge of honour.

However, the OP and others are on the mark, it would be good to see this implemented, but could be used as a name and shame and spoil the overall good intention of the feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users