So sad... the management.

24 replies to this topic

#1 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Personally, I really try to avoid forums. Since you get alot of people degrading each other and the admins really don't help out much. The point is proven here when the Stephen hawking thread was locked, whats my other proof? I created a thread a week or ish back about "Why people keep on comparing WOT to MWO?" Okay fine, I have no clue on the situation and I think I had a legitimate question. The thread went over board with people insulting each other and going off to other nonsense bs "which lasted for not days but almost weeks alone" I sent a message to the community master asking them to lock the thread since I felt embarrassed and almost threaten by the threads. The community masters own words "We can not close/lock the thread just because you don't like it" oooh yes this violated the Rules of conduct. "trolling and excessive uses of phrases". But we cant have everything to go our way right? Just suck it in and carry on.

I thought the thread was originally created to discuss the book? and there is nothing in the book where it disgraces any religion, people just went over board, and yet I expect too much from a forum.

Edited by Ishtar, 24 June 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#2 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt.

Even if it wasn't originally about religion specifically, and it was more about a book in general, the OP started a wild-fire that needs to be put out before it gets out of control (even if it's unintentional)

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Perfecto Oviedo, 24 June 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#3 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostPerfecto Oviedo, on 24 June 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt.

Even if it wasn't originally about religion specifically, and it was more about a book in general, the OP started a wild-fire that needs to be put out before it gets out of control (even if it's unintentional)

Just my 2 cents

Do you own the book? try to look it up online, it has nothing to do with religion "AT ALL" zero zilch nada

Talks about the creation of the universe, I think there is a documentary in the SCI channel.

#4 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

The book may not, but boy did that thread start to.

EDIT: as a matter of fact, so did the OP in that thread

Edited by Perfecto Oviedo, 24 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#5 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

You see, it so sad how people let hate lead their direction in life. I think what we really need is alien invasion and then I want someone to explain that. =)

#6 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

religion and/or politics and a bunch of people with a beta jones are never a good mix for a discussion.

#7 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Why did you ask a Mod to delete your own post? You can DO that, lol. At the bottom of your own topics that you start is a little button called Thread mod tools or some such, opening it reveals only one option: delete. You can also easily delete your own posts in every topic you didn't start. Secondly, comparing MWO to anything is a request for a mauling. Lastly, this community is one of the best in ALL of gaming. Just ask us, we'll tell you that! :(

#8 Cole Christensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOsan AB

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Meh, these forums are run by a business and have their very own TOS which they make you agree to. That Topic wandered into territory forbidden by our Piranha Gaming Overlords, whether you like it or not, so it was locked. Unfortunately, it was locked JUST as I was trying to submit a rebuttal to someone. Oh well, please don't hold a sour opinion of "the management" or other community members because a post became too hot.

#9 Adrian Carino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Texas

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

The forums are a place to put voice to your words. The only thing that you are forbidden to talk about is the Beta which covered by the NDA. Off with you now.

#10 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostCole Christensen, on 24 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Meh, these forums are run by a business and have their very own TOS which they make you agree to. That Topic wandered into territory forbidden by our Piranha Gaming Overlords, whether you like it or not, so it was locked. Unfortunately, it was locked JUST as I was trying to submit a rebuttal to someone. Oh well, please don't hold a sour opinion of "the management" or other community members because a post became too hot.

Exactly, point proven. They only like things to be done their own way and not accepting anything else. I just trying to point something out and maybe the CM had favoritism over the other, which I think was pretty obvious. I'm not letting it bother me, just releasing what I was thinking about the situation. Maybe someone above them will see something fishy was going on ? eh?

Edited by Ishtar, 24 June 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#11 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 24 June 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Why did you ask a Mod to delete your own post? You can DO that, lol. At the bottom of your own topics that you start is a little button called Thread mod tools or some such, opening it reveals only one option: delete. You can also easily delete your own posts in every topic you didn't start. Secondly, comparing MWO to anything is a request for a mauling. Lastly, this community is one of the best in ALL of gaming. Just ask us, we'll tell you that! :(

btw how old are you?

#12 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostIshtar, on 24 June 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

How old are you?

Exactly, point proven. They only like things to be done their own way and not accepting anything else. I just trying to point something out and maybe the CM had favoritism over the other, which I think was pretty obvious.

And you have a point overlooked in your posts. WHOSE forum is it? We are just fancy guests with name tags here. Wipe your feet and mind your manners as if you were at aunt Whatserface's house and no problems. So, that raises a question. Why you in Aunt Whatserface's house complaining about the host? Do you invite people over to your house just to listen to them complain? C'mon, you can do better than that after all, beyotching is just spinning your tires knowing there will be 0 traction. As fun as it might be, you go no where.

If I wanted to be discriminated against for my age, I would have posted it :(

Edited by Insidious Johnson, 24 June 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#13 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 24 June 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

And you have a point overlooked in your posts. WHOSE forum is it? We are just fancy guests with name tags here. Wipe your feet and mind your manners as if you were at aunt Whatserface's house and no problems. So, that raises a question. Why you in Aunt Whatserface's house complaining about the host? Do you invite people over to your house just to listen to them complain? C'mon, you can do better than that after all, beyotching is just spinning your tires knowing there will be 0 traction. As fun as it might be, you go no where.

If I wanted to be discriminated against for my age, I would have posted it :(

Assuming from your remarks, your trying to harass me? right?

#14 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hate to say it and sound like one of the people you described, but welcome to the internet sadly...

#15 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostSkadi, on 24 June 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Hate to say it and sound like one of the people you described, but welcome to the internet sadly...

I know =(

#16 Schlifer

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I feel a lot of hate originating in this thread and that nothing productive will be made......I see it being locked as well...i also see an big shadow behind my jenner.......during the snow map.... :(

#17 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostSchlifer, on 24 June 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

I feel a lot of hate originating in this thread and that nothing productive will be made......I see it being locked as well...i also see an big shadow behind my jenner.......during the snow map.... :(

That would be my atlas...
Posted Image

#18 Schlifer

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostSkadi, on 24 June 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

That would be my atlas...
Posted Image

I also see my self rage quit... :(

#19 Cole Christensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOsan AB

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostIshtar, on 24 June 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Exactly, point proven. They only like things to be done their own way and not accepting anything else... Maybe someone above them will see something fishy was going on ? eh?

That's the thing: there was nothing fishy gong on, just a mod locking a thread that did not conform to the established standards. I did not personally see any abuse or favoritism; just cold, blind discipline.

#20 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostIshtar, on 24 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Assuming from your remarks, your trying to harass me? right?

Instead of assuming, try dealing with the facts instead of throwing out a red herring. It IS NOT your forum. Mind your manners or suffer the friggen consequences. Complaints = troll bait anywhere. So if pointing out the givens that EVERY forum member here has accepted is harassment i.e. This forum which is not ours has RULES that are not ours but we have all agreed to post by them.... or suffer the consequences. And yet you, somehow, are special! You can talk about religion and science on a board which doesn't tolerate inflammatory topics because you gots teh free speech! How cute! This is friggen private property and you ain't respecting that right... so don't expect yours to be respected. The most basic concept in the social contract of life. So your basic asinine assumption that I was trolling is basically license for me to do exactly that. It can't be harassment if you contract me to do it. I'll just let you know you are picking a fight you do not want and walk away from that opportunity, laughing.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users