#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please stand by for an incoming hot-fix!
The goal of this hot-fix is to resolve an issue in our injection process.

The Hot-Fix will begin at approximately 1:15PM PDT / 4:15PM EDT / 8:15PM UTC.
The Hot-Fix will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

As this is a back-end fix, no additional updates should be needed on the part of players.

Thank you for standing by!

EDIT:
With the roll-out of the CN9-AH and AS7-S ‘Mechs on October 21st, a small number of players received a CN9-AH or AS7-S that they were not eligible for. We have since resolved this injection error, so no further ineligible injections will occur.
In other words, if you received a CN9-AH and/or an AS7-S but were not eligible for them, you may as well strip them and either sell or keep the stripped equipment while you have the chance. If you are certain that you shouldn’t have this ‘Mech, we would recommend you avoid equipping it with anything you wish to hold onto. Please note that we will remove the 'Mechs on November 4th or sooner.

Considering this information, a clarification on the eligibility requirements for the CN9-AH and AS7-S:

Centurion CN9-AH: If you have never purchased any amount of MC prior to October 21st at 5PM PST, or if you did not purchase a Founders pack, you are NOT eligible for the CN9-AH and will have it removed.

Atlas AS7-S: If you have not purchased a Founders, Phoenix, Clan Invasion Wave 1 or Wave 2 collection, or any a la carte 'Mechs, prior to October 21st at 10AM PDT, you are NOT eligible for the AS7-S and will have it removed.

We apologize for any confusion, and thank you for your patience with our earlier hot-fix to help stem these issues from occurring further.

#2 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Good!

I need about 12 MCB, for the other two Crow... Time is money!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 21 October 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#3 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

yay another Cbill nerf....

#4 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

About C-Bill NERF:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3838938

Edited by BladeXXL, 21 October 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sorry PGI, but ... lol..

#6 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Actually, this is kind of a cool slip up! :) It's ok, it's funny. ahem....anyhow.....any possibility this slip up might occur again with...*cough*.... the King Crab? *cough* *hint* ;) ;)

Edited by Stingray1234, 21 October 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:59 PM

:rolleyes:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

Darn it, Shar, I saw this thread and thought "Oh crap, need to get off MWO before it goes down". Thanks for confusing me. XD

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 21 October 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Thanks for confusing me. XD

:huh:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#10 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

:huh:

The timing of your reply to someone else put this thread as the most recently updated, and I thought the hot-fix was coming, not already over, is what I mean. XP

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

The timing of your reply to someone else put this thread as the most recently updated, and I thought the hot-fix was coming, not already over, is what I mean. XP

I have had that happen to me before - very awkward feeling :lol: / :unsure:

#12 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM

so I qualify for this freeby, Quaff?
Yet profile shows no new toys

#13 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

so I qualify for this freeby, Quaff?
Yet profile shows no new toys

Mine didn't till I logged in.

Edit: also apparently you have to have earned some XP before you can put any (GXP obviously) into theirs

Edited by Shar Wolf, 22 October 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#14 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 21 October 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

If playing consistently with proper teamwork, you should be getting a lot more C-Bills now, than before (read up on the rewards in the patch notes). Yes, if you are a solo sniper, then good luck, you won't be making as much as the rest, however, a light, or medium mech sitting close by it's teammates, and fighting alongside them can bank some serious dough now. Instead of only assaults and heavies dealing high damage, and being the only ones with decent rewards.

The C-Bill rewards are more role-oriented now, basically, they just made a big leap towards fulfilling role-warfare. You pretty much get most of them if you stay in a brawl close to an ally that has received /some/ damage, for a few seconds.

PGI just needs to make sure that their Cooldown mechanism on the rewards is working properly, and things should be fantastic.

#15 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yeah, you need to log on to redeem. You may have to log in twice.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 October 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

If playing consistently with proper teamwork, you should be getting a lot more C-Bills now, than before (read up on the rewards in the patch notes).

Sadly, my experience is that this is a big lie. With teamwork and coordination, I can almost make what I was making before, and if I don't win, it doesn't matter, rewards are worthless. No reason to use consumables anymore, as a loss means you'll lose money with them.

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostBront, on 22 October 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Yeah, you need to log on to redeem. You may have to log in twice.

Sadly, my experience is that this is a big lie. With teamwork and coordination, I can almost make what I was making before, and if I don't win, it doesn't matter, rewards are worthless. No reason to use consumables anymore, as a loss means you'll lose money with them.

Yeah, consumables are the big risk now. I know some people that used to drop 80K a match since they used to bring both strikes with them. Even with the old reward system, they would still lose money sometimes.

As for the C-Bill rewards now, maybe tweaking the cooldown times on them would help. I can certainly tell that reducing the CD by even 1 second would make a huge difference (haven't had many brawls that lasted more than 20 seconds).

#17 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 October 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Yeah, consumables are the big risk now. I know some people that used to drop 80K a match since they used to bring both strikes with them. Even with the old reward system, they would still lose money sometimes.

As for the C-Bill rewards now, maybe tweaking the cooldown times on them would help. I can certainly tell that reducing the CD by even 1 second would make a huge difference (haven't had many brawls that lasted more than 20 seconds).
I like the consept, but I think the structure has to change a bit. Damage and assists need to be worth a bit more (right now, they're worthless unless you get a kill or highest damage on a kill), and some of the timers need to shift a bit or the rewards need to be raised.

In particular, Losses are particularly crippling, and while I understand that yes, a loss shouldn't be rewarding, when you can lose 50,000 if you drop 2 consumables while you lost, that's not a good thing, and doesn't encourage team play nearly as much.

The other things the timers do is penalize anyone who dies early, promoting some of the turtle and exchange fire tactics that many felt were boring.

Edited by Bront, 22 October 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostBront, on 22 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I like the consept, but I think the structure has to change a bit. Damage and assists need to be worth a bit more (right now, they're worthless unless you get a kill or highest damage on a kill), and some of the timers need to shift a bit or the rewards need to be raised.

In particular, Losses are particularly crippling, and while I understand that yes, a loss shouldn't be rewarding, when you can lose 50,000 if you drop 2 consumables while you lost, that's not a good thing, and doesn't encourage team play nearly as much.

The other things the timers do is penalize anyone who dies early, promoting some of the turtle and exchange fire tactics that many felt were boring.

I look at it as a step in the right direction. Now they need to fine tune it, and tweak some things here and there to improve the concept, and get it to a spot where it's comfortable.

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 October 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I look at it as a step in the right direction. Now they need to fine tune it, and tweak some things here and there to improve the concept, and get it to a spot where it's comfortable.

Oh, I do agree, there's a lot of positives in the system. I just think the earnings need to be higher on the low end. A few minor tweaks like adjusting the loss bonus, maybe upping some of the old bonuses a bit again, and an overall buff to XP, we'll end up with a system where the floor might be slightly lower than what we had, but the ceiling is much higher, and I think that's a good thing.

I'd prefer rewards to be even higher, but I'll settle for "as good as before".

Edited by Bront, 22 October 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#20 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostBront, on 22 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

THIS!
If you tank to cover your teammates and die (front line) - you get nothing!

This reward system rewards second-line guys who never risc anything and stays in cover behind alies, shooting from time to time.

...still waiting for review ... :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users