Im Working My Ass Off For Nothing.

219 replies to this topic

#121 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 21 October 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Last game in a stormcrow, 500 dmg, 4 assists. Not great, I know but meh.

Anyway, 29,000 c-bills.

Srs. Wtf.

I could get 29,000 bills prepatch just by crashing into things in an Atlas.

This is stoopid pgi fix plz.

Just got 180K cbills and 1200 xp before bonuses in my new Centurion on Conquest, as far as I can tell it's working fine. Maybe the game picked up on your trolling and cut down your rewards as punishment?

#122 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 22 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Just got 180K cbills and 1200 xp before bonuses in my new Centurion on Conquest, as far as I can tell it's working fine. Maybe the game picked up on your trolling and cut down your rewards as punishment?

:huh: Wouldn't that be interesting!?!

#123 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 22 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Or maybe pgi broke part of the game which worked fine to start with.

#124 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 22 October 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

PGI was trying to fix something that was broken: a lack of rewards for role warfare.

#125 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Huh, this is much more improved. I make more Cbills now than before.

Plus incoming tweak tomorrow I will break 500k at some point I bet.

#126 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

So after playing all last night I have found that I have received rewards AS LOW AS 33k, and as high as 290k.

All of my matches were in the same mech, the AS7-S.

It appears that when I'm a fence sitter who doesn't really contribute, even on a win, I don't make that much, but when I'm a try-hard and do well, IF WE WIN I generate a ton of cash, but, personally, I have never made more than 50k on a loss.

Somehow I'm fine with this setup.

#127 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

So after playing all last night I have found that I have received rewards AS LOW AS 33k, and as high as 290k.

All of my matches were in the same mech, the AS7-S.

It appears that when I'm a fence sitter who doesn't really contribute, even on a win, I don't make that much, but when I'm a try-hard and do well, IF WE WIN I generate a ton of cash, but, personally, I have never made more than 50k on a loss.

Somehow I'm fine with this setup.

Meanwhile, a LRM Stormcrow with 100 damage per match is getting 200-300k every match, even on losses. How does this make you feel?

#128 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

(stuff a couple of posts up)

My experience last night was about the same ... I'm looking forward to seeing how things change after the upcoming hotfix.

One thing that I would consider adding to rewards is "damage taken". While an AS7 that does 300 damage and gets a couple of assists may not look like he contributed to a win ... if he led the push, soaked 600 points of damage and made it so that the rest of his team could follow behind him and get the victory, his contribution was probably pivotal.

The bad guys are getting rewarded for doing the damage, even though they lost.

I'd be OK with the flat rate for a victory being higher (and the flat rate for a loss being lower), with all the other minor rewards being less significant. Win or loss should be the most important thing ... not how much damage or how many assists.

#129 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 22 October 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

My experience last night was about the same ... I'm looking forward to seeing how things change after the upcoming hotfix.

One thing that I would consider adding to rewards is "damage taken". While an AS7 that does 300 damage and gets a couple of assists may not look like he contributed to a win ... if he led the push, soaked 600 points of damage and made it so that the rest of his team could follow behind him and get the victory, his contribution was probably pivotal.

The bad guys are getting rewarded for doing the damage, even though they lost.

I'd be OK with the flat rate for a victory being higher (and the flat rate for a loss being lower), with all the other minor rewards being less significant. Win or loss should be the most important thing ... not how much damage or how many assists.

Winning or losing in PUGs is completely random so linking more C-bills to a win vs losing is an awful idea. I seen a lot matches on my team or enemy team 1-2 mechs just suicide from the gate severely hurting your chances to win.

#130 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Im sorry, but you are playing the game wrong.

You dont deserve the cbills for just going for the high dmg high kill numbers, PLAY AS A TEAM, and you will earn more.

i went from 230,000 avg with prem to 300,000 avg with prem time. New system rules.

#131 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

yea sucks for all u guys who don't know how to exploit the system.

#132 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 22 October 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Winning or losing in PUGs is completely random so linking more C-bills to a win vs losing is an awful idea. I seen a lot matches on my team or enemy team 1-2 mechs just suicide from the gate severely hurting your chances to win.

Hmm ... we must be playing different games. For the record, I could give two craps about C-Bill earnings, as long as I'm not losing money ... I only care about a good fight and a win.

Maybe if the rewards for playing the game were only significant for a win, and maybe there would be less suicide farmers (which is a form of griefing, and against the code of conduct).

And for what it's worth, I've won (and lost) matches with (and against) teams that were down two or more 'mechs due to disconnects (or very rarely suicide farmers). While it is a handicap, how you play the game and fight is more important than a small numerical advantage.

#133 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostXetelian, on 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Take away the scouting and the hit and run and you have a 30k match with 504 damage...Posted Image

I belive thats the point , reward based on role NOT pure damage

#134 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

never!

View PostDazzer, on 22 October 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Isnt assault role TO DO pure damage?!

#135 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostDazzer, on 22 October 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

And what if his role is doing damage?

#136 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Im sorry, but you are playing the game wrong.

You dont deserve the cbills for just going for the high dmg high kill numbers, PLAY AS A TEAM, and you will earn more.

Please tell me how to play in a way that I deserve CBills in a DDC.
In your opinion, whats the role of an Atlas?

Hint: Sticking with your team, providing ECM, leading pushes, racking up 6+kills and 800+dmg doesnt work - yields less than before rewards 2.0.

What DOES work well is TAG/LRM spam and to a bit lesser degree ERLL painting plus TAG and an AC20 for lategame kill stealing.

#137 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostLogan Hawke, on 22 October 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

You're talking about it wanting to reflect the rules and source material, right? You want it to be based on fluff instead of what is most effective and beneficial for the game. Hence my comment, though I suppose you might not have gotten the reference and taken it worse than it was meant in which case, sorry.

Also, for the record, I'm loving the new rewards system. I'm seeing new playstyles encouraging teamwork and it's beautiful. It just needs to be ironed out. Nothing is ever perfect on first release.

But actually, whats most effective and beneficial is soemtimes totally not rewarded, yet in other times it is, just beause of some weird mechanic of randomness. Thats hardly better at all.

#138 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostXarian, on 22 October 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

And what if his role is doing damage?

well with admitadlly just a quick look at the posted rewards details , I think for assults :-

They are the following damage based rewards that seem to be written for assults :-
Kill Most Damage:
Killing Blow:
Solo Kill:
Brawler:

Then they is the following that should be usable for assults :-
Lance Formation:
TAG Damage:(no reason an assult can not carry a tag)
TAG Kill:(no reason an assult can not carry a tag)

many of the others are hard due to an assults speed but some may be doable for a good player Flanking for instance.

I am suprised that they do not have one rewarding assults and heavys for protecting lighter mechs. They have ones for us Med staying near the assults , it is strange that the assult do not get a equal one for staying near the Med's

#139 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

I think they left those out for the time being to help diversify the MM pool so it's not mostly split between heavies and assaults.

Obviously it's a testbed for things to come with CW and they plan to make tweaks along the way.

#140 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 22 October 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

Its been proven by others in this topic that it's easily do-able and a regular occurance.

I havn't seen it proven that you can do 500dmg and make 29k. FTR, my SS proves you need to do almost nothing to get such low earnings.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users