Update - Rewards 2.0 - Feedback

165 replies to this topic

#101 Saint H8oraide of the Wine

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Basicly, this is just a richer get richer/poorer get poorer reward system. I've had a bunch of games today under 20k cbills. (Leveling new non-bonus mech). I switch to my main mech, i get a 5k/7a 900 damage game, and got 107k cbill.

Double all bonuses, or revert to old c-bill way.

This change is absolutely HORRIFIC for newbies/pugs. The point system might be fine or even great for organized play, but for anyone who doesn't play that way, it's terribad. I also doubt that it's good for organized play, since i did a few drops with guildies, and got roflstomped even worse then in pugs, and made even less. Now i absolutely have to refused to group with guildies, since i need c-bills.

Oh ya, and I forgot...Don't even get me started on the xp...this is worse then the c-bills....

Edited by H8Wine, 22 October 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#102 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostH8Wine, on 22 October 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Basicly, this is just a richer get richer/poorer get poorer reward system. I've had a bunch of games today under 20k cbills. (Leveling new non-bonus mech). I switch to my main mech, i get a 5k/7a 900 damage game, and got 107k cbill.

Double all bonuses, or revert to old c-bill way.

This change is absolutely HORRIFIC for newbies/pugs. The point system might be fine or even great for organized play, but for anyone who doesn't play that way, it's terribad. I also doubt that it's good for organized play, since i did a few drops with guildies, and got roflstomped even worse then in pugs, and made even less. Now i absolutely have to refused to group with guildies, since i need c-bills.

Oh ya, and I forgot...Don't even get me started on the xp...this is worse then the c-bills....

Reverting to the old way and rolling back is not the answer to fix the core problem. PGI is on the right track with the new system and have done a good job with it. If they are not willing to try a lessened grind just a little bit, give big C-bill and XP bonus for a real objective to be completed, base taking, cap win $75k-100k, 200 xp and a 30-50% increase across the board for earnings per match, it would seem they believe it will effect their profits. Adjust the narc/tag bonus a bit, adjust assist to reward a bit better than a kill, unless it is a solo kill, and raise the cost of consumables 30-50% will fix many of the issues and problems with team play or lack of it.

PGI will be loved by all of us, and new players and old alike will be able to not focus so hardly on farming C-bills and XP at all cost every match they drop. Bigger player base, more money spent, more profit and love for PGI as a new leader in the F2P game industry on how a F2P game should be done right! Its win win for all parties involved..... or lets keep doing the same old low pay scale and see how long the player base can endure a very bad grind, that promotes bad play, or selfish play styles at best.

If they took a chance and did this..... Who would ***** and complain about this???

Edited by Mr Beefy, 22 October 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#103 PACoFist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationThe Eye Of Chaos

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

I welcome the added rewards for capturing (though they are not very high).

The other rewards do not convince me, and I think they need to be reworked.

While I had a few games with high Cbills (more than with the old rewards) overall the new reward system feels like an decrease to my earnings. And the worst part is that I got the feeling, that the rewards for a match is not really based on my performance but on sticking to a certain play-style.

I had some games where I did really good but when the match was over I saw that I earned very little. Why? I think the reason is that I left my teammates and ran around the enemy team to snipe them from behind. Thereby loosing all the Lance formation and protection bonus. (and also preventing the 3 other players of my lance from getting the lance bonus)
The new rewards really promotes one tactic "stick together". Which does not work for all mechs (and for all teammates ;)).

Also the system is too complicated and some of the rewards are a bit odd. For example, why is the brawler bonus limited to mediums and heavies? Light mechs and assaults are not supposed to go into close combat?

I think you should increase the rewards given for damage dealt, component destruction and capture; which are the most important things you can do to help your team winning, and therefore should give the most rewards.
Remove some of the unnecessary rewards or decrease their yield to balance it out.

#104 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

To go off an earlier post I made in this thread, I don't believe the intention or even necessarily the values are bad. I believe the implementation of intention is bad. An example:

Lance Formation bonus gives cbills if all members of a lance stays within 130m of each other. The goal as I understand it is to encourage players to stick together and not run off. This reward however doesn't take into account scouts, disconnects, friends wanting to play together in different lances, or even tonnage/speed differences within a lance. Further it encourages players to worry about an imaginary line of distance from lance mates instead of actually pursuing the goal of winning.

My revised rule:
Every [5] seconds you receive [15] cbills for every allied mech within [100]m. Every [5] seconds you receive [10] cbills for every allied mech [101] to [150]m. Every [5] seconds you receive [5] cbills for every allied mech [151] to [200]m. [Numbers] subject to change.

#105 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

And just because, another example:

Solo Kill - If you get the kill and did the most damage to that particular mech then you get a Solo Kill as an added bonus. My guess is that this is to reward players doing all the work, but that is not how a team wins. If a player gets 6 Solo Kills in a single match, then my guess is that they will get massive cbills and lose. They would lose because their team is bad. This reward does not encourage good teamwork.

The ideal way to win with teamwork is focus fire. 4 sets of weapons firing at a target will bring that weapons platform down faster than 1 or 2. Hence....

My revised rule:
Focus Fire - For each allied mech that hits the same target that you hit in a given period of [1] second(s), you receive [50] cbills. [Numbers] subject to change.

#106 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

I didn't do any empirical data gathering (I was having too much fun) but I felt as if my bad matches were down 30-40% last night, and even my good matches were down 10-15%. This is C-Bills mind you, not XP (which actually felt worse). I was running with a 4-12 man group all night which is outside my norm, and we were working well as a group, which is also outside my norm :P Still, just by feel, it "feels" "off". I'm perfectly happy to volunteer for data mining.

#107 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

Another C-bill earning nerf? Bad games made worse. PGI's MM loves giving you bad games.

#108 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

So I enjoy looking into these....

View PostPACoFist, on 22 October 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

I had some games where I did really good but when the match was over I saw that I earned very little. Why? I think the reason is that I left my teammates and ran around the enemy team to snipe them from behind. Thereby loosing all the Lance formation and protection bonus.

This is good strategy under some conditions and should be encouraged. Don't die. Make sure only 1 or 2 do this. And above all, the goal is to cause the enemy team to stop shooting your allies. If a mech is turning to see who shot it in the back, then it can't be shooting at anyone.

My additional rule:
Distraction - When you hit an enemy mech within [2] seconds after that enemy mech shot an ally and then that enemy mech turns to present its rear torso (180 degree radius) to said ally within [3] seconds then you receive [1000] cbills. Requirement is that said ally stays alive [3] seconds minimum after enemy mech has turned to present its rear.

#109 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

The fact that you are trying to give rewards to all kinds of roles: GREAT

Killing and Assisting being very different: BAD, LEADS TO GRIEF (over kill stealing)

If anything, reward for raw damage should be proportional to damage, with token extra for the final blow and extras for component destruction, why complicate it further? That takes care of Heavies and Assaults and the mechs that are not designed to damage or kill will go for other rewards you just created, it´s just a matter of tweaking the numbers to make them relevant. Which leads me to:

General reward amounts right now: VERY LOW

I´m actually glad I didn´t activate the 90+ days of premium I have banked right now, because 50% of very little is still very little. That someone is glad not to use a service he already paid for is probably bad for your business.

Edited by Darkblood, 22 October 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#110 Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

#111 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostFanatic, on 22 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

A shame things like this cant be tested in MWO.

#112 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostZolaz, on 22 October 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

A shame things like this cant be tested in MWO.

I find it a shame that as of yet, I know of no real response or comment from those in the know to address a 30-50% bump in earnings and to add the big bonus to Assault and Conquest mode to motivate this game to be something other then a death match every game mode we play. Bumping it up a few % marks will not solve the core problem that is the cause of many players lust to find ways to exploit the grind we have had for so long now.

I am not saying this to call out PGI or Russ, I am just trying address what I believe is the core problem. Given the effort of the player base to test this, and respond in such great detail on the concerns they have, one could assume some time has been put into our concerns to tweek this to a level we won't flip out about.

If PGI decided to open the floodgates 30%-50% on earnings over all, keep prices the same that they are now for mechs and modules and weapons, increase the price of consumables in the same ratio they bump earnings, It would fix more problems then it would create. Add the 75-100k/200xp for a base take and cap win/ or a defend of them, and we just solved another problem with the gotta have the c-bills farming zombies that blame PGI for their condition that kills team play. They now have no excuse for their very selfish style of play and the player base will correct itself in less than a week. Players will start to play to real objectives given in the match mode, fights will split up more, and it will start to become not such a death match every game until PGI can add some new content or revamp old content to make it better.

This gives PGI breathing room from the player base, and not so on guard about the discontent with every change they decide to make. People will be to busy playing, enjoying the game and spending some cash for the new mechs they have to pimp them out and buying up some mech bays to house them in. Will it fix everything that needs work in this game, NO it will not.... but it will go a very long way to solve so many issues right now and will create a healthier player base.

Edited by Mr Beefy, 22 October 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#113 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 22 October 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Yes you are. Solo kill wouldn't count if you just got final shot. I don't know if you get most DMG if you get solo. Also you won't get Brawler every time.

You also are leaving out Hit and Run, Flanking, locks/narcs etc.

I'm leaving them out because they are independent rewards from kills/assists. You will get a hit and run bonus regardless of whether you got an assist or kill shot. What I'm doing is comparing two common scenarios where all things are equal except who got that last point of damage.

Think of it this way:

Assist: 2500
kill most damage: 5000
hit and run: 2000
total: 9,500

Killing blow: 4000
kill most damage: 5000
solo kill: 10000
brawling: 4500
component destruction: 2300
hit and run: 2000
Total: 27800

Difference: 18,300 The amount you get is 2000 cbills higher, but there is still a 18,300 cbill difference.

There is no reason "brawling" should be dependent on kill shot. If you did most of the work (kill most damage), you should get it. There is no reason 1 point of damage should reward 6300 (killshot+component destruction) vs assist's 2500.

What I am proposing still rewards the guy who does the leg work of bringing down a mech. It just reduces the effect of kill steals on players.

With regards to brawler award, even if you exclude that you're still talking a 14,000 cbill difference for 1 tick of damage.

#114 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

I really like the direction of the new rewards system, but as others have stated, there should be some adjustments after careful consideration of what behaviors we want to encourage.

The idea of rewarding role warfare more specifically is great, in my opinion, because we want the game to be something other than just "get your heaviest mech with the most weapons and shoot CTs non-stop."

I think it would be helpful for players to pick out particular rewards and recommend changes with the reasoning for why that would encourage better gameplay.

My ideas:
1. People complain about the solo kill rewards, but I don't think having those is the problem - it's to whom they are applied. I think these are a great idea, but should be given to clan mechs only. Make it so the clans are encouraged to fight one on one. The inner sphere should get a different reward - focus fire, for teaming up against the enemy. You can play with the numbers so that things "balance out" c-bills wise, but the mechanic for pushing clan players towards more one on one engagements would be pretty interesting, lore friendly, and really add some dynamic aspects to the game, even in mixed matches.

2. Efficiencies and modules are too powerful. We should get rid of speed tweak, eliminate the 2x bonus on mastered mechs, and tone down a lot of the cooldown modules. These efficiencies and modules should give slight bonuses, so you have a bit of an edge and a reason for getting them, but should not be the deciding factor in an otherwise equal fight. Some people will claim player skill trumps all, but the "end-game" setups people have once the mechs are mastered and fully equipped are far better than the initial mechs after only a few weapon and equipment customizations. If they weren't, people wouldn't complain about modules being so expensive, because they wouldn't matter that much anyways. If we knock down the mastered efficiencies and module advantages, new players aren't totally outclassed simply in equipment alone - they are already outclassed in skill, so why make the discrepancy even worse? Doing this, it won't matter as much that the new players have some matches where they only get 100xp. It's a bummer, and they still want those incremental advantages for mastering the mech, but it's so large a discrepancy as to make someone not want to play a new mech. This also encourages people to buy and try more mechs, because they won't be facing such a huge disadvantage from the beginning. It will be less "grindy" because you are having more fun with the mech from the very start.

3. Simplify the system - eliminate a lot of the rewards/reward types. Right now, I don't know how half of the rewards work, so there's no way I'm going to be encouraged to operate a certain way because it's too confusing. Flanking bonus, for instance, is inconsistent and rather arbitrary. It doesn't promote a specific role, although I assume it's mostly intended to encourage fast mechs to maneuver. If you have so many reward types, you have the potential for someone to game the system and get them without fulfilling the intended role (e.g., get flanking bonus using LRM indirect fire). Previously, we had rewards for damage, component destruction, spotting, and counter-ecm. That was a great system because everyone could figure it out pretty quickly. Now, if you want more role warfare, consider the roles you want. Want to encourage scouting? Bump up the rewards for spotting and split spotting into targetting enemy mechs so your team can see them and spotting for LRM fire when LRMs hit. Want more lights and mediums to fill out the scouting role? Make the reward for scouting graduated - lights and mediums get more for scouting than heavies and assaults. You want heavies and assaults to be the primary damage dealers and brawlers? Make damage rewards greater for heavies and assaults than they are for lights and mediums. There are many ways to skin the cat. I think keeping the system simple is better.

Edited by Dino Might, 22 October 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#115 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostDino Might, on 22 October 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

I really like the direction of the new rewards system, but as others have stated, there should be some adjustments after careful consideration of what behaviors we want to encourage.

The idea of rewarding role warfare more specifically is great, in my opinion, because we want the game to be something other than just "get your heaviest mech with the most weapons and shoot CTs non-stop."

I think it would be helpful for players to pick out particular rewards and recommend changes with the reasoning for why that would encourage better gameplay.

My ideas:
1. People complain about the solo kill rewards, but I don't think having those is the problem - it's to whom they are applied. I think these are a great idea, but should be given to clan mechs only. Make it so the clans are encouraged to fight one on one. The inner sphere should get a different reward - focus fire, for teaming up against the enemy. You can play with the numbers so that things "balance out" c-bills wise, but the mechanic for pushing clan players towards more one on one engagements would be pretty interesting, lore friendly, and really add some dynamic aspects to the game, even in mixed matches.

2. Efficiencies and modules are too powerful. We should get rid of speed tweak, eliminate the 2x bonus on mastered mechs, and tone down a lot of the cooldown modules. These efficiencies and modules should give slight bonuses, so you have a bit of an edge and a reason for getting them, but should not be the deciding factor in an otherwise equal fight. Some people will claim player skill trumps all, but the "end-game" setups people have once the mechs are mastered and fully equipped are far better than the initial mechs after only a few weapon and equipment customizations. If they weren't, people wouldn't complain about modules being so expensive, because they wouldn't matter that much anyways. If we knock down the mastered efficiencies and module advantages, new players aren't totally outclassed simply in equipment alone - they are already outclassed in skill, so why make the discrepancy even worse? Doing this, it won't matter as much that the new players have some matches where they only get 100xp. It's a bummer, and they still want those incremental advantages for mastering the mech, but it's so large a discrepancy as to make someone not want to play a new mech. This also encourages people to buy and try more mechs, because they won't be facing such a huge disadvantage from the beginning. It will be less "grindy" because you are having more fun with the mech from the very start.

3. Simplify the system - eliminate a lot of the rewards/reward types. Right now, I don't know how half of the rewards work, so there's no way I'm going to be encouraged to operate a certain way because it's too confusing. Flanking bonus, for instance, is inconsistent and rather arbitrary. It doesn't promote a specific role, although I assume it's mostly intended to encourage fast mechs to maneuver. If you have so many reward types, you have the potential for someone to game the system and get them without fulfilling the intended role (e.g., get flanking bonus using LRM indirect fire). Previously, we had rewards for damage, component destruction, spotting, and counter-ecm. That was a great system because everyone could figure it out pretty quickly. Now, if you want more role warfare, consider the roles you want. Want to encourage scouting? Bump up the rewards for spotting and split spotting into targetting enemy mechs so your team can see them and spotting for LRM fire when LRMs hit. Want more lights and mediums to fill out the scouting role? Make the reward for scouting graduated - lights and mediums get more for scouting than heavies and assaults. You want heavies and assaults to be the primary damage dealers and brawlers? Make damage rewards greater for heavies and assaults than they are for lights and mediums. There are many ways to skin the cat. I think keeping the system simple is better.

I love number Idea number 1. I was thinking the very same thing.

Number 2...... not so much. If they changed the f2p pay sale as I have suggested, this wouldn't matter in the first place. Many here love the current system that is in place, they just do not like have to buy 3 chassis to unlock the basics, elite and master class. This would be a non issue also if PGI changes the pay out model they have now to what I have suggested.

It would also cause a huge uproar in the player base, because the the tweeks and modules are the only thing that have begun to counter some of the nerfs that many did not agree with regarding weapons systems. On top of all that, many people have spent a butt load of C-bills for these modules and grinded many hours to unlock them. Ontop of that, some have spent MC/real cash to unlock them faster by converting XP to GXP. Pitch forks and torches would come out at a all time high if they did away with it. I for one like upgrading my mechs/gaining pilot skills and wish they would add more to the current system in place.
And further more, Imagine a grind that didn't take 1-8 weeks more or less depending on PT, and players skill level, to purchase mechs players really want to try. The more mechs players can buy, and equip them the way they see fit will only allow more players to find the chassis they are extremely comfortable with. It will turn bad pilots into fair, maybe great pilots that can start to relax a little and focus on their skills as pilots, game styles that promotes team play instead of how in the hell can I afford that mech with my current earnings, and what if I don't like it? Then what, I sell it back a 1/3 value? Oh well back to the grind and earn as much as I can doing what ever it takes to earn those little c-bills type mentality. The current system is counter productive and in a large way the cause of the problem.

Your third Idea, I am very open on and I think everyone has some good ideas to add to the system. I am sure PGI will tweek this a lot more in the months to come. Very exciting times and can't wait to see what they come up with :-)

Edited by Mr Beefy, 22 October 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#116 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

If you get stomped the wins are so low as to be depressing and sap all will to play the game.

Often a win is outside of your control when your team performs badly leading to poor rewards despite decent personal performance.

You may say that rewards are the same on average (over a cycle of wins and losses) but that assumes the matchmaker is competent enough to give all payers a fair run, which we all know right now is not the case.

Honestly - I do not like it.

The perception is that it is an overall nerf to earnings.

If some experienced players achieve higher rewards for gaming the system, others who are learning the game will get less making the new player experience even more frustrating.

Not good overall experience for me, going to take a break and play something else for a bit.

#117 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

I guess now this post actually belongs here, sorry to keep reposting but its seems every hour there is a new "official feedback" thread opened and since PGI seems to feel there is only a "10-15%" change in earnings on averages I think they should really be aware that for many the % change is much greater. I've heard many say stats don't lie, but another interesting stat that should be tracked as well is how many people are actually playing the game today vs last Wednesday. Anyhow, here is my summary of my rewards 2.0 experience so far:

Posted Today, 12:59 AM
Alright, I'm a relatively new to MWO player, I own all of 2 mechs (a SH 5m that I just finished mastery on and the Centurion I just got for purchasing MC over the weekend) and I am not a great player (yet) or even a good player...maybe even below average for the 300ish matches I have played (just wanted to get that out there before people start replying with "get better" comments...only way to get better is to play and people only play when they have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment/progression). I know my stats are subpar but they are what they are. Prior to today I was averaging 679 exps per match along with about 76000 cbills per match without any bonuses from premium time or heroes/champions. After being shocked earlier at the severe reduction in exps and cbills from the new rewards system I decided to track 10 games in the new centurion (not stock, I made a few mods) to see just how much the difference is. Most matches weren't great, but I had at least a couple of spots, 1-6 assists and 100+ damage In all games but one (the first win of the day where I had 3 spots, 1 kill, 5 assists but only 40 damage). Here are the results:
game 1: loss 103 exps 26000ish cbills
game 2: loss 114 exps 32000ish cbills
game 3: loss 155 exps 29000ish cbills
game 4: win 746 exps 70000ish cbills (1st win of the day, exps were double)
game 5: win 293 exps 63000ish cbills
game 6: win 251 exps 58000ish cbills
game 7: loss 200 exps 64000ish cbills
game 8: loss 42exps 19000ish cbills
game 9: loss 66exps 23000ish cbills
game 10: win 281exps 49000ish bills
Now I know these games weren't stellar but I was trying as much as I would on any given night. I was slightly hampered by using a new mech that has no skills (but this is pretty much what a brand new player who just completed the 25 cadet matches and just bought their first mech would experience...and yeah again I realize many many new players could do much better than me). Also after the first 2 games I stopped loading coolshots and artillary strikes because I noticed I would loose money if I had to replenish them. Prior to today in 10 games (just over an hour of play by the way) I was averaging 6800 exps and 760,000 cbills. with the "new improved" rewards system I averaged 2250 exps and 430,000 cbills with a 30% boost (around 303,000 if I had a standard mech). I know there are many of you out there who are a lot better players than I am and due to your skill (and perhaps also the skill of your teammates, specially if you drop in large groups, I dont have that luxury, I have 2 friends who play this game and were are rarely on at the same time and since there is no in-game social system I mostly play solo) are able to effectively capitalize on the "new improved" rewards system and are most likely earning more experience and cbills with this system...but the point is newer players like me aren't...and more importantly this is NOT a slight difference in rewards/earning. For newer players like me its more than a 50% reduction in cbills per hour and more than a 60% reduction in exps per hour. The grind to earn enough cbills to buy a new mech was already pretty severe but now mastery of a chassis seems almost unattainable. Frustration will drive newer players from the game, it won't encourage them to open their wallets (right now I pretty much regret having bought MC and have completely changed my mind about getting any level of the resistance pack I was so excited about yesterday). Why is it that whenever "improvements" are launched PGI takes 3 steps backwards to take one step forward?
Take for example the JJ "improvements" to clan mechs that also launched with this patch. I have listened to my friends gripe about this and read enough posts today about it. The issue seemed to be that the stock clan mechs with JJ had fixed allocations for the JJ but if you swapped the omni pods around you could put the JJ where you wanted (at least that is how it was explained to me). So to correct the issue now all JJ are locked no matter what omnipod configurations used in clan mechs which has made many loadouts that were possible yesterday invalid today. Wouldn't it have made more sense (and made more people happy instead of angry) to go the other way, allow all variants with JJ to put the JJ where ever people wanted to (take a step forward) instead of taking away peoples choice (a step backwards)???
It was the same thing a few weeks ago with the improved ELO matchmaking (a great step forward) but we could only get it if we agreed to random game modes and loose our ability to choose not to play a game mode (or modes) we don't enjoy (for the record I play all 3 but its nice to be able to choose, specially after 5 conquests in a row)(loss of choice, a huge step backwards).
Rewards 2.0 is a step in the right direction,,,if it ADDED to the previous system and rewarded team play WITHOUT a reduction in cbills and exp (also worth mentioning the new scout rewards for lights kind of clash with the lance formation/team play rewards).

Edited by A sebaceous cyst, 22 October 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#118 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

I am seeing a slight increase in rewards except on VERY VERY VERY bad matches at least on my lights.

Then again when I played my light mechs I was rarely seeing the numbers many of the assault players are claiming they had for earnings. Heck the "This is horrible I'm only making X now." was my good number when playing Light mechs. The few times I would tool around in a Heavy I would be reminded of how horrible it was to try and earn money and XP in Lights.

So... I am seeing a larger increase while others are seeing a decrease because I was making less than them on a consistent basis AND the new rewards really encourage how I play a Light mech with hit and run and harassment tactics or ECM/Light Protection escort duty to help out our big-guys.

I could totally live with this system because it is about what I was making before. Welcome to MY world people. ;) However, I think in general rewards need to go up. We don't have a ton of money sinks, but right now it is painful to grind out for upgrades and new modules. I am finding myself with XP to unlock new modules but no C-Bills to buy even one. It is NOT encouraging me to purchase MC to buy C-Bills either, in fact it is encouraging me to put money into DLC for other games I play and just use what I have while I slowly grind upwards.

#119 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostAirox, on 22 October 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

And just because, another example:

Solo Kill - If you get the kill and did the most damage to that particular mech then you get a Solo Kill as an added bonus. My guess is that this is to reward players doing all the work, but that is not how a team wins. If a player gets 6 Solo Kills in a single match, then my guess is that they will get massive cbills and lose. They would lose because their team is bad. This reward does not encourage good teamwork.

The ideal way to win with teamwork is focus fire. 4 sets of weapons firing at a target will bring that weapons platform down faster than 1 or 2. Hence....

My revised rule:
Focus Fire - For each allied mech that hits the same target that you hit in a given period of [1] second(s), you receive [50] cbills. [Numbers] subject to change.

Not a bad idea...

On the other hand should be a reward for firing on mechs that are attacking your team mates.. ..a 'protector' kind of reward. Focus fire works well, but sometimes you do need to spread targets to stop the same focus fire from doing the same to your team! Or to stop that direwhale getting cored in the rear :P

BF Suppression anyone? :P

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 October 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#120 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

If you do really well it can go crazy high. I can imagine people with Hero + Premium getting up to 400k on a really good match. On most matches though in the solo queue it still averages out like before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users