I Have Been Happy Lately But The New Rewards Blow...

125 replies to this topic

#21 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 21 October 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Did 195,000 in my last game in my Champion mech... my advise... play as a team, thats when the money comes. If you wanna solo around (aka running around in a light on your own and just streaking lasers for kill assists without helping team narc or tag), then you won't make much money I am afraid. PGI did well in creating a disincentive for such selfish playstyle that contributes nothing to the team but waste a precious mech drop.

I love how you assume my play style is selfish. I said I stink, not that I am a one man army. I play in the group queue exclusively. For casual players the group queue is BRUTAL. But if you want to play with your mates this is where you have to go. Generally group queue fights end fast. One side or the other rolls. That's why even with wins my cbills are low. People die fast.

Now I am happy that they added incentives to play some of the other roles, but that shouldn't have reduced everyone else. If you thought people had issues with long losing streaks before, watch what happens if these "rewards" remain. I took a six month break in November after the first cbill nerfs. It helped me reset and eventually come back. I will not play an entire hour for 100k cbills.

I volunteered for the data collection. I'm afraid it will not matter though.

S

#22 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 October 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

I just pulled 130k again with my jag last match. I think the biggest problem is people are not locking. You should be pressing R on every mech even if you're not targeting it.

But don't you find this a little silly. For a scout, ok, but for a brawler, I should only be pressing 'R' , targeting, the mech I'm trying to kill. Players should be rewarded for playing not running down the checklist of all the bonus criteria.

#23 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

I should add a bit more. I'll preface this with "I have a lot of spare time right now, okay? :P"

Today I went down to 30,000 C-Bills, buying a Stormcrow. Right now I have 3.1 million C-Bills, so I've earned about 3 million playing today, on and off from (my time zone) 5:30 to 11:30. So even assuming the max at six hours (probably closer to four and a half or five) that about 500,000 each. Thats with premium time and a 30% mech bonus.

Now over the weekend, I grinded out about six million with premium time and hero bonus. I was playing off and on, like today, but all in all, I probably spent, betwee friday, saturday, and sunday, about 14 hours playing. So right now, I'm pretty sure my average profits have gone up, maybe as high as 20%, but also something I should add, I haven't really had too many crappy games today, and I have plenty of them over the weekend, so I have really felt the stung of that 15,000 C-Bill reduction on a loss.

#24 Haxburch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 206 posts
  • LocationGermany / Düsseldorf

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Reward is ok , it was before and its now . In fact its easy , if you do bad then u maybe play wrong , have the wrong mech class or wrong setup . I dont use prem.

Edited by Haxburch, 21 October 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#25 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Main problem with this system is on a solo kills vs Assists
Assists are now worth, 2500 down 4000 from 6500,
now assuming a solo kill,
kill........Kill damage.........component.........solo kill..= total
4000........5000....................2300..............10000...= 21300?
not including a 4500 Savior or Defensive along with that,
so solo kill= 21300, and an assist= 2500,

in all my matches tonight i had teammates moving in-front of me for the kill,
its gotten really bad ive have matches ive won where ive only gotten 60,000-100,000 C-bills,
and on a loss(16 or so out of the 25 matches ive played before posting) 18,000-55,000 C-bills,

if you want to promote team play get rid of the Solo Reward, and double all other rewards,

#26 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostFeetwet, on 21 October 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

i lol'd so hard at this.

anyway i agree it sucks. i played one match, did average; 2kill, 5 assist, 246dmg lost and only made 50k, where i would usually pull in 70-80k for a match like that.

#27 saberrider

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 October 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Here is my last game in a light. Moving fast doing a lot more allows me to get around and i able to make a lot more money. Killing isnt the only reward anymore.

same here. running in a light, scout, flank, TAG.., do whatever is asked from a light. and the cashrain starts...

#28 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 October 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Here is my last game in a light. Moving fast doing a lot more allows me to get around and i able to make a lot more money. Killing isnt the only reward anymore.

Yes, killing isn't the only reward anymore but it gives you the best reward of all... a permenant score on your k/d ratio... they should have more ratios or more competent measures in the profile stat

#29 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

Played one match since the patch so far, just shy of 175k in a champion mech with premium. 2 kills and multiple assists, ~400 damage. The exact same match under the old system would have easily given me 200k+, doesn't seem like THAT big of a loss right now, but the rewards are MUCH more situational than they were before - That's not necessarily a bad thing either.

EXP was far less however. I only received 1,412 XP from that match, while under the old system I likely would have had 2k+.

#30 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Why do you even play this game OP? To let down your team? You know there are a lot of quides out there plus Doomcrow is on sale.

#31 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 21 October 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Played one match since the patch so far, just shy of 175k in a champion mech with premium. 2 kills and multiple assists, ~400 damage. The exact same match under the old system would have easily given me 200k+, doesn't seem like THAT big of a loss right now, but the rewards are MUCH more situational than they were before - That's not necessarily a bad thing either.

EXP was far less however. I only received 1,412 XP from that match, while under the old system I likely would have had 2k+.

I actually like this situational reward system alot. I do experience getting more rewards for losing games while slightly lesser on winning games, so it somehow balances out. Makes the game more tactical if you ask me. Really brings out the difference between a good player and a less good one. Good players who seek to work with the team and play a specific role in the team gets rewarded even in a losing game.

#32 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 21 October 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

I actually like this situational reward system alot. I do experience getting more rewards for losing games while slightly lesser on winning games, so it somehow balances out. Makes the game more tactical if you ask me. Really brings out the difference between a good player and a less good one. Good players who seek to work with the team and play a specific role in the team gets rewarded even in a losing game.
If and only if you are playing exactly to the reward system. In other words: if you TAG and NARC, and stand in the back and use LRMs, you will make more losing than you did before.

Otherwise you will get dramatically less.

#33 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

It has been rare for me to get over 300k in my Oxide but today I have achieved it 3 times. Multiple kills, assists plus a lot more associated rewards with the game I wold not have had previously.

Losses can be terrible and creates worse rewards than in the previous patch. Winning can reap the rewards but losing can be terrible on the balance sheet. If you are using consumables things just get worse.

Cheers!
Eboli.

#34 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 21 October 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Why do you even play this game OP? To let down your team? You know there are a lot of quides out there plus Doomcrow is on sale.

**** my bad. I didn't realize this game was only for the talented who can play more than a few hours a week. Thank you for opening my eyes. I guess I'll just slink off into the corner and play pokemon. Wow.

S

#35 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostFeetwet, on 21 October 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

But don't you find this a little silly. For a scout, ok, but for a brawler, I should only be pressing 'R' , targeting, the mech I'm trying to kill. Players should be rewarded for playing not running down the checklist of all the bonus criteria.

Heck no! If you have a Red Icon on your HUD you should have it locked. Switching only when you have LoS to a target. Its how teamwork works!

View PostFeetwet, on 22 October 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

**** my bad. I didn't realize this game was only for the talented who can play more than a few hours a week. Thank you for opening my eyes. I guess I'll just slink off into the corner and play pokemon. Wow.

S

I'll be doing that in a few weeks... The New Ruby and Sapphire are being released!

#36 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 21 October 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

i lol'd so hard at this.

anyway i agree it sucks. i played one match, did average; 2kill, 5 assist, 246dmg lost and only made 50k, where i would usually pull in 70-80k for a match like that.

Teehee, I was hot as hell last night about this but your comment does make me giggle...I don't know why.

In that match in the group queue, I took my stormcrow around the right side to try and help a couple of mechs that were extended too far. Ran right into 2 daul guass DWF. I didn't even have time to turn around.

S

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 October 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Heck no! If you have a Red Icon on your HUD you should have it locked. Switching only when you have LoS to a target. Its how teamwork works!

I'll be doing that in a few weeks... The New Ruby and Sapphire are being released!

I'm sorry JM, you misunderstand me. If I have a red icon on the screen I have it locked. I believe what he was saying is he quickly r,r,r,r,r,r,r,r through all of them to get PAID. Now that has some merit for a scout...its the only way to get this info to the team. But if I am moving into a furball, it would be silly for me as a brawler to do that.

#37 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

Trying to just play by the old system of "do as much damage as you can" is going to result in some seriously crappy income. (Thank god.)

Now you have to be proactive and work literally.. as a team. (Especially as a lance... that prints cbills.)

#38 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

Honestly? I have no problems with the new reward system. Prior to it, I was only clearing 200-250k a match. Now I'm clearing 300-360k a match (using premium and a Prime, which is still around 190-220k without either PTime or Prime mech).

The new system rewards highly aggressive group behavior over the really passive, reactionary behavior of most players.

#39 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Just got 267... with prem, not in a prime though...

new rewards system kicks ***.

#40 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 22 October 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Honestly? I have no problems with the new reward system. Prior to it, I was only clearing 200-250k a match. Now I'm clearing 300-360k a match (using premium and a Prime, which is still around 190-220k without either PTime or Prime mech).

The new system rewards highly aggressive group behavior over the really passive, reactionary behavior of most players.

And that's fine. Added rewards for behavior that you want to see is fine. The problem is, in the group queue, it is not uncommon for more casual players in smaller groups to get the p1ss beat out of them. 12-2, 12-0, 12-1. You played well congrats here are your bonus rewards. Perfect, but why did mine have to get penalized.

I play a few times a month with some buddies. I'm not new but I'm not very good. Now I can't make any space cash. If you don't want me and people like me as content, fine just say so. My guestion to you is...

'Shouldn't this game be rewarding to ALL LEVELS of play?'

or

'Is this game truely only for the elite? No one else need apply?'

S

Maybe tonight I will try and break out my FS to see if I can reap some of these new light rewards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users