#21 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 22 October 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

For one thing, a lot of people like to have a neat and organized mechbay, without mechs they don't want to use. Some Clanners don't want IS mechs, some IS pilots don't want Clan mechs. They finally let us hide the Trial mechs from view for precisely that reason. Now they've given us some other mechs we can't hide from view.

That is the most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard.

View PostLanky, on 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

You do realize it isn't a real gift, and there isn't real money for selling it

On the contrary, they didn't have to give it to you, and they could have sold it as new heroes or something. That makes it a gift. The fact that you think a gift has to be worth real money shows you have a poor understanding of what a 'gift' is.

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 22 October 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#22 KingDavid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 154 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

Do you seriously dont like the Cent ??

#23 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 22 October 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

That is the most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard.

There was no reasoning, it was a description of circumstance. I am explaining why some people are unhappy. If you disagree with my description, you should spend more time on the forum before making a statement like that. If you disagree with people's preferences, it really doesn't affect me, so fill your boots, mate.

View PostKingDavid, on 22 October 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

Do you seriously dont like the Cent ??

I have multiple accounts. So I have multiple CN9-AH's and AS7-S's. I can't play them at the same time, I can't gift them away, I can't sell them. Might as well remove the ones on my Clan account, as they're only in the way.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostLanky, on 22 October 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

The chassis looks interesting,

The paint job hurts to look at.

Selling it sounds like really good idea.

For every person like you there is a person like me who thinks the design is sweet like candy. Specially when altered using Murphy's Law colors. :wub:

#25 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostYosharian, on 22 October 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

For me mechs that are 100% ammo dependent are just ... wrong

Nah. As long as you have enough ammo to finish a match, it's perfectly fine.

I have a Shadow Hawk (P) with 1 Gauss, 3 SRM4s, and 2MGs, it is a great mech.

Lol, I just realized that the Centurion AH could run that build....hmmm. Nope. Shad has the gauss up high for sniping and torso grouped with the SRMs for a good combined strike. It wouldn't work the same in the Cent.

Sorry...blathering off-topic

#26 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:26 AM

They remind me of something out of Warhammer 40k and that alone makes them made of win.

#27 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:33 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 22 October 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

There was no reasoning, it was a description of circumstance. I am explaining why some people are unhappy. If you disagree with my description, you should spend more time on the forum before making a statement like that. If you disagree with people's preferences, it really doesn't affect me, so fill your boots, mate.

Fair enough, if you want to use the opinion approach.

It just stings to see so many jump up and complain about something free and intended as a gift.

#28 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 October 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

I wonder how many people receive a gift, and then call it a piece of crap and ask how to sell it in front of the person who gave it to them :).

Seriously though, why does it matter if it is there? If you don't want to use it, strip it of content and ignore it.

I for one now have 2 free Centurions (This AH and the Champion one given away in a challenge a few months back). I might as well get a third Centurion and level up these mechs.

I'm just sad I came back to the game a few days after the Champion Cent competition. It would have been nice. I've been meaning to get more mediums anyway, I'm rather heavy heavy.

#29 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

I wonder how many people receive a gift, and then call it a piece of crap and ask how to sell it in front of the person who gave it to them :).

Seriously though, why does it matter if it is there? If you don't want to use it, strip it of content and ignore it.

I for one now have 2 free Centurions (This AH and the Champion one given away in a challenge a few months back). I might as well get a third Centurion and level up these mechs.

If you had a relative that treated you the way PGI treats it's customer base.....would you feel bad about saying you're going to exchange it in front of the guy?

Maybe you would....you're probably a nicer person than me. I, on the other hand, don't really care what other people think about me...I am who I am and it took a lot of years to get this way. On the bright side, I won't say anything behind your back I won't say to your face.

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

I have given gifts back to the giver before. The gift was not something I would have used, and I politely said so. I was happy the giver thought enough to buy it, but I also respected him enough to be honest.

#31 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

I think the paint job is fun to use with different colors, giving a black mech a shiny bit colored glow, atlas is the same
Posted Image

I wonder what complaint is ending up bigger
that PGI removed the variant that was too similar to the yen-lo back in the day, or giving one out for free that's kinda the same

Ok guilty I sold my free Thunderbolt I got as well, but I got enough nice heavies

#32 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

What i like....Free(ish) stuff from a company that really irks me at times and they try a gesture of good will.

What i Dont like Looking gift horse in mouth people. And having to scrounge an XL from one of my other mechs to put in it so now i have to play Mech build rubiks Cube!

ITS FREE!! Oh hang on... Well not really it's about as free as your $30 a month mobile phone contract with free calls, texts and data. Yeah really Free. ;)

I too sold my free thunderbolt i just didn't get on with it.

Edited by mad kat, 22 October 2014 - 04:00 AM.

#33 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

He has a mickey mouse t-shirt and what looks like boy band posters above his bed....Nuff said.

#34 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 22 October 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

Dont worry all. Ill translate the Op for all of you.

"MEMEMEMemememMMEMEMEE (like the sound beeker from the muppets made) I got something for free that is actually pretty awesome but I dont want to learn, and btw yes Im the kinda of player that is responsible for the turning the game from skill to instant gratification. I cant be happy with what I got, I want what Im not owed."

TLDR;

Just watch the 1st min of it and you will know all you need to now about people who get gifts then QQ about them.

This child is SPOILED ROTTEN! if I were his parent, he would get nothing for a year!

#35 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 October 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

This child is SPOILED ROTTEN! if I were his parent, he would get nothing for a year!

BUT... how spooky is it you spend 5 min on these forums then watch this and realize... MOST of the people on these forums are adults, but remind you of this kid?
Happy Halloween!

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM.

#36 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 22 October 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

BUT... how spooky is it you spend 5 min on these forums then watch this and realize... MOST of the people on these forums are adults?

THAT.....is scary............but true.

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 22 October 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

BUT... how spooky is it you spend 5 min on these forums then watch this and realize... MOST of the people on these forums are adults, but remind you of this kid?
Happy Halloween!

They are adults raising THAT kind of child! -_-

#38 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 October 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

They are adults raising THAT kind of child! -_-

:blink:
<---mind blown

#39 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

View Postsneeking, on 22 October 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

so glad I have no children, its like no pressure :)

I raised one and still brainwashing the other. My daughter would slap the flavor out of THAT boys mouth!

#40 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 22 October 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

TLDR;
Just watch the 1st min of it and you will know all you need to now about people who get gifts then QQ about them.

Haha, that's awesome. Clearly, he's trolling, but it's stil hilarious.

PS: If I give someone a gift and they don't want it or they already have it, I'll let them exchange it for something they want. It's just the way I was raised. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users