Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

I..... LOVE...... IT!
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#2 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:56 AM

Yes, it's much, much better than before. Very enjoyable now.

#3 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

Much more intense now. The pressure is really on......much more fun to play!

#4 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

Well. It used to be fast caps. Nobody liked it cuz they felt their time was wasted on the caps because enemy could just swoop in later and take it fast. They changed it to slow caps. People said "I love it". Some time goes on, people hate the slow caps. They changed it now to fast caps. People say "I love it". Some time goes on.... guess the rest.

#5 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:27 AM

I always hated the slow caps. I am glad it is back to how it should be.

#6 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

tbh if anything the reward cash for conquest is almost to much now - as its so much faster to get points by cap.

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

View PostZfailboat, on 22 October 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

tbh if anything the reward cash for conquest is almost to much now - as its so much faster to get points by cap.

Ssshhhhhh...to much reward is a good thing....go rake in the dough.

#8 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:34 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 22 October 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Well. It used to be fast caps. Nobody liked it cuz they felt their time was wasted on the caps because enemy could just swoop in later and take it fast. They changed it to slow caps. People said "I love it". Some time goes on, people hate the slow caps. They changed it now to fast caps. People say "I love it". Some time goes on.... guess the rest.
:rolleyes:
Posted Image

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 22 October 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#9 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:34 AM

Only it is back to paying out less than other game modes again as far as I can tell

#10 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:37 AM

Take a LRM boat and hide behind a rock and you wont be saying that hehe :) although I'm quite pleased about the cap time reduction. Probably my favourite game mode right now.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:40 AM

Actually, I beleive the fast caps being complained about back then were all for Assault before the turrets were implemented.
Scouts were zerg rushing bases and capping before their opponents could get sorted enough to notice that no one else was going back to swat the lights away. Therefore PGI changed the capping mechanics to slow c(l)ap... Assault players were rejoicing (They could shoot longer before loosing to cap because someone else could still go back... not them though) and Conquest players were all going dafuq because the Assault change also affected the conquest capping slowing the game down dramatically even though a capped base does not equal a lost game in that play mode.

#12 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

Its the only mode I have selected now. If you are a light contemplating your existence in MWO. Hop on to conquest with a cap mod and... well just try it. IS SOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when you are up by all caps but one and winning. Everyone is dieing trying to capture that last worthless cap. Then you are last alive and all the dead guys QQ like they have something worth listening to or something you did not know... and you ignore them and win.. HAHAHA GREAT TIMES!

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 22 October 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#13 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

Whats current cap times? it felt like 5 minutes before...

#14 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Did they speed up the Cap to the same it used to be or is it still slightly slower?

#15 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostRushin Roulette, on 22 October 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

Actually, I beleive the fast caps being complained about back then were all for Assault before the turrets were implemented.
Scouts were zerg rushing bases and capping before their opponents could get sorted enough to notice that no one else was going back to swat the lights away. Therefore PGI changed the capping mechanics to slow c(l)ap... Assault players were rejoicing (They could shoot longer before loosing to cap because someone else could still go back... not them though) and Conquest players were all going dafuq because the Assault change also affected the conquest capping slowing the game down dramatically even though a capped base does not equal a lost game in that play mode.

Yep that's how I do remember it as well. It might even be possible that we did not even have the conquest mode when cap times were dramatically raised. I for one can't remember ever playing conquest with cap times as fast as they are now.

#16 Mindwipe

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

They feel faster to cap than they were originally. But since it goes both ways I don't see that being a problem. Those slowboats can waddle over and uncap a point in a reasonable timeframe if needed. I absolutely love this change, it feels like Conquest is a different mode again and not just Skirmish with some timeout squares.

#17 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

It's hugely improved now lots of fun again. I'm going to be playing lots of conquest again.

Still I wouldn't mind slightly faster capture times. The fun for me is in going between the capture points not in standing at the point. It still takes some time to go from fully red to fully blue.

But it's hugely improved and it's fun again that's the main thing.

Edited by Mekwarrior, 22 October 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#18 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostChemie, on 22 October 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Only it is back to paying out less than other game modes again as far as I can tell

No, it's the top paying mode, rewards are down everywhere.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users