How To Get A Lot Of C-Bills And Xp With New Reward System

31 replies to this topic

#21 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

By "teamplayer" he means "I stood next to people, farmed points in conquest, and spammed narc/tag for the OTHER people using lurms."

What skill.

Edited by bobF, 22 October 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#22 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

And another with my Wang, this time a defeat. I'm racking up more ceebies and XP than ever in one of the oldest chassis in the game.

Posted Image

Stop being so bad at this game and using lurms as your crutch. Wannabe min-maxers do my nut in they really do.

Don't look for ways to get round this and the best ways of doing that. Try different mechs and you'll find one you do consistently well in. Most of the time it won't be meta, unless you don't have the ability to think for yourself of course.

#23 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

What OP said is 100% true.

My first game with my dusty self-tagging Awesome Boat. Wasn't even trying very hard and here is the result.
Posted Image

Edited by bluepiglet, 22 October 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#24 Sgt Greyhawk

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

Any build that you can afford to put a tag on will make you a lot more cbills. Just keep the tag on when your fighting = instant rewards.

#25 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

A match has 24 players

12 will lose and get way less c-bills then before
12 will win and 3-4 of those get the same c-bills or maybe slightly more, the rest all gain less then before

Overall, looking at the entire playerbase, the average c-bills earned has gone down. The worst thing though hasn't been mentioned (Or I haven't seen it, sorry if true).

The disparity between the earnings of a veteran and a new player has increased significantly. Let's see how the numbers look after the hotfix.

Also tinfoil head time... 45% sale -> decrease c-bill earnings :D

#26 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

TWELVE TAG NOVA DROWNS IN CBILLS

#27 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

Anything bigger than a light has to run meta builds.
Lights gotta run missile support.

Lights should have ECM, narc and tag, really everything else is pointless since you wont make money. Run to the base if you can and cap.
Doomcrows run a bunch of srm 6s.
Hunchies and Stormhawks gotta bring AC20s, or a gauss.
Heavies bring twin gauss/AC40s if you can.
Assaults really are stuck. they can bring a lot of big guns, but they are probably better off bringing LRMs and just making it rain the whole game.
And for everyone if you can bring a single tag in addition to your other ****, do it, that bonus is small, but its basically free money. Get a kill get a bonus 6K c-bills plus the damage bonus.
Most other builds are just not doing well now.

#28 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Just turn on your TAG and use any weapon you choose*. Though LRMs are the best since they do a lot of damage without actually killing the target.
But Gauss+lasers are even better since there is a chance of getting a TAG kill (6000), kill damage, solo kill, brawling and other bonuses on top of the TAG damage.

* this will allegedly be corrected in the next hotfix

Edited by Kmieciu, 23 October 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#29 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

View PostKyocera, on 22 October 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Stop being so bad at this game and using lurms as your crutch. Wannabe min-maxers do my nut in they really do.

Don't look for ways to get round this and the best ways of doing that. Try different mechs and you'll find one you do consistently well in. Most of the time it won't be meta, unless you don't have the ability to think for yourself of course.

I have to agree with Kyocera. Although it is a good earner and you have every right to use this tactic it is pretty lame and mass LRMs are affecting the enjoyment of gaming for a lot of players.

I hope PGI does something about to actually reduce the effect (and payoff) of LRMs for better gameplay.

AND NO, this is not a complaint by someone who dies by them as I know how to avoid the majority of LRMs. I am more concerned about gameplay for the majority of players.

Cheers,
Eboli.

#30 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:45 AM

you are in a stranded group of twelve on an island abundant in barren rock. You, alone, stumble across a single coconut tree. Nobody knows how long it will be until you are rescued if you keep it to yourself there's a chance the others will find out and get upset but if you share it there won't be enough for anybody and the find will become pointless. So do you keep the tree a secret or share it with the group?

#31 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

So far since the latest patch, I have not been killed by LRMs in more than 100 games.

Or maybe people at my ELO just don't use LRMs. Most of the time what kills me are the direct fire stuff.

#32 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Kyocera - you had two of the most spectacular games I've ever seen in a YLW, and you still got about half the C-Bills/XP as the guy who took an Awesome missile boat on his very first match. Notice he doesn't have premium time active, and you do. And there's no way that you're going to be able to repeat that every game, especially in group queue.

The LRM C-Bill/XP farm strategy is extremely effective, but it also makes you a terrible player who is going to lose most of your games. The reward system is encouraging poor gameplay, which is exactly the point I was trying to make. It takes a very skilled player to slaughter a bunch of folks in a Yen Lo Wang and get 200,000 base C-Bills; you can play in 3PV with one hand and get more than that with a TAG LRM boat. And that's just not right.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users