Inner Sphere Resistance

540 replies to this topic

#141 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

but you get all of the timed rewards if you purchase before nov 30, right?

i mean i know it was that way on the collections before. but if you look at the page without knowing that you may think you will always get just one of the timed rewards exclusively depending on the month of purchase.

#142 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

Premium Time Stacks, but the Maximum limit for Premium time is a Year. So, if you have a year of premium time Saved up and you get more Premium time in Mech Packs it will accumulate to a year's worth and the rest falls into the void.

Cows for the COW-THRONE

#143 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 22 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

... we were hoping for an ECM Heavy... that's what people were voting for... why you no do this PGI? Why?

The Black Knight doesn't get ECM until late int eh 3060 time line and into Dark Ages. the BK had ECM in MW4 and I think people voting for it were confusing that historical point.

Granted, if PGI wanted to, they could have allowed ECM on the BK, and they may yet still. They have license to warp the timeline as their needs fit and even make up mechs (see the ENF-5P with dual UAC5s), so anything's possible.

My point is, I think many people voted or the BK out of MW4 nostalgia and/or the assumption it would have ECM, when there is no evidence it would have ECM in 3049.

#144 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

While Apnu, is right about ECM Black Knight is not in the current time line. Keep in mind; neither is the Awesome 9M or the Dragon 1C. So in reality nothing is really stopping them from adding that variant. Although, it does make it less likely.

My bad.

Edited by Timuroslav, 23 October 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#145 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Question: Will these mechs have IS quirks right away?

If so, when will the quirks be announced?

#146 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

DAMN YOU PGI!! you have just cost me a further $80 and taken food off my table :P ... very happy about the recent turn around of things at PGI without IGP :D

#147 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Well guys, it's been nice knowing you. I just purchased the Resistance Wrath Pack. When my wife finds out, she is going to kill me and scatter my remains across the Inner Sphere. Remember me when CW comes out. Fight in behalf of our beloved Archon in my name.

Just kidding, she'll get over it. I'll just have to buy her something. Anyone have any suggestions? How about her own Wrath pack? LOL.

#148 GOLFisNOTaSPORT

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostRacersky, on 22 October 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

hmmm pretty much disappointed with this package. I have purchased all the others, but this packages, appears to bit a tad bit slow...I believe my dire is faster than these mechs...oh well, will have to forego the wrath deal...will there ever be a clan mech that can compete with the I.S. jenner in terms of speed, agility,firepower? Or will PSI nerf the Jenner too?

There's always the Jenner IIC when the Nova Cats come into play. Also, the Mist Linx is the same speed as the IS Jenner.

View PostColonel Codeine, on 23 October 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

I love how the "Resistance" mechs are already in the ballpark of 70 years old by the time of the clan (lightyears ahead in terms of tech) invasion.

The PNT-10K, ENF-5D, GHR-5J, and ZEU-9S are all late 3040s or 3050 'Mechs. The other variants (except the special Enforcer variant) are all centuries old.

View PostTimuroslav, on 23 October 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

While Apnu, is right about ECM Black Knight is not in the current time line. Keep in mind; neither is the Awesome 9M or the Dragon 1C. So in reality nothing is really stopping them from adding that variant. Although, it does make it less likely.

The AWS-9M Awesome came out in 3049 in the canon timeline. And the DRG-1C Dragon was the original Dragon version.

#149 P5YCO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostBubba Zanettie, on 23 October 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

After Nov 4th, your not going to be able to swing a dead "cat" by the tail without hitting a Atlas AS7-S
Did anyone else notice last night (PUG), If there were 4 Atlas's in game matchmaker put them all in the same lance?
B) 2 d-dc's and 2 AS7's cruzin the Town what a great way to ROLL

I've rolled as AS7 lances a few times already. It's a very cool mech!

I'm seriously tempted by this pack... Just a question of when!

#150 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Nice package !
Soon it will be sold out.... :lol:

#151 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

I too think the ZEU-6S should be the Resistance Variant. I get the 3050 variant vibe PGI is going for, but would prefer the 6S.

#152 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 23 October 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Just kidding, she'll get over it. I'll just have to buy her something. Anyone have any suggestions? How about her own Wrath pack? LOL.

Most of the girls I know go nuts over Betty Neels novels. :ph34r:
Probably not enough to fogive me for spending money I "shouldn't have" but enough to soften the blow when they hit me.

View PostGOLFisNOTaSPORT, on 23 October 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Also, the Mist Linx is the same speed as the IS Jenner.

Jenner can change it's engine though - and usually does.

Not to mention will have more flexibility with weapon tonnage.
(if not hardpoints)

#153 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Well guys, it's been nice knowing you. I just purchased the Resistance Wrath Pack. When my wife finds out, she is going to kill me and scatter my remains across the Inner Sphere. Remember me when CW comes out. Fight in behalf of our beloved Archon in my name.

I have the same problem. Wife's birthday is next month so for me it is....spend on her or get me something since her mom gets her everything.
That just makes my choice for the game easier and easier.

#154 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 23 October 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

I would love it if they back fill ECM on appropriate historical mechs. Pity aren't in a time line with the ECM hunchback. My life would be complete if I had ECM on my Hunchie.

#155 G B Vandenburg

Rookie

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 7 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ordered... the Clans will feel my wrath.     :)
I remember using the Grasshopper on the old hex boards.
Would have loved to see the Black Knight as well... next time maybe. :)

#156 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostPale Jackal, on 22 October 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

I wish the "hero" variants seemed a bit more useful, the double AMS variants are all the least interesting to me.

The 4R and 8Z would be much better hero variants, hopefully quirks will make the double AMS low hard point 'mechs useful?

Grasshopper and Zeus heroes (assuming it's the first one listed) look OK, though I'd probably pick an 8 energy Grasshopper as my hero if I could.

The "hero" variants (they are technically "champions" because they are not named) have always been the stock or prime variant of any given chassis. HBK-4G, AS7-D, TBR-Prime and so on. PGI has never changed this policy and has never signified they ever will.

I've yet to find a good, useful, and even competitive build on any of the "champion" mechs from any of the mech packs. In fact, my TDR-5S(P) is one of my most well loved and most successful mechs.

#157 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

Loyalty reward: King Crab

QUESTION:

If I already have all the previous packs AND buy this one, that means, I'll recieve 2 King Crabs?

Posted Image

Edited by Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, 23 October 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#158 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

Go get two (2) tickets to the movie "The Best of Me"... Then watch it with her. Now tell her about the Wrath Package... If she complains inform her that each minute you had to watch that crappy movie cost you a moment of your life and the going rate is $1 per minute :P .... and she just spent $118 so step off my Wrath Collection! Hell, with the $38 difference, maybe SHE can put out a little something something to even the spending difference haha

#159 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 23 October 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Premium Time Stacks, but the Maximum limit for Premium time is a Year. So, if you have a year of premium time Saved up and you get more Premium time in Mech Packs it will accumulate to a year's worth and the rest falls into the void.

Cows for the COW-THRONE

Where is this stated?

#160 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostCreovex, on 23 October 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Go get two (2) tickets to the movie "The Best of Me"... Then watch it with her. Now tell her about the Wrath Package... If she complains inform her that each minute you had to watch that crappy movie cost you a moment of your life and the going rate is $1 per minute :P .... and she just spent $118 so step off my Wrath Collection! Hell, with the $38 difference, maybe SHE can put out a little something something to even the spending difference haha

LOL, Funny you mention that. She's already threatened me with that movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users