Inner Sphere Resistance

540 replies to this topic

#181 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

I just noticed the Enforcer comes with the XL250 the Panther needs. How thoughtful, lol......

#182 GOLFisNOTaSPORT

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 23 October 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Jenner IIC we are probably not getting any time soon - if only because of the Omni-vs-Battle mech issues

That and the Oxide has the same hardpoints. :rolleyes:

Similar hardpoints, anyway. If I were the developers I'd have more hardpoints in the arms and fewer in the torso for the IIC.

View PostRomulas One, on 23 October 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

:) now all we need out is the archer and warhammer. been waiting for the grasshopper for some time...

I think there are still legal issues as far as the Archer and Warhammer are concerned. Could do with a Guillotine, though.

#183 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostRomulas One, on 23 October 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

:) now all we need out is the archer and warhammer. been waiting for the grasshopper for some time...

Yes! I'd definitely get both. Archer first for me though :D

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 23 October 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Seriously consider buying the Panther pack for $20 instead of a la carte for $35 much better deal!

Wow you're right! I didn't even check that so thanks.
I guess I could get the Rage pack for $40 and just select the Panther and Zeus for my mechs and then choose the Kurita and Rasalhague faction content.
We do get to choose which mechs for the pack, right? Or is what we get pre-determined by which pack?

#184 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Proud owner as of 10 sec ago! Was the answer to the "Do we get an Atlas also" question answered? Love me a new Atlas....

#185 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostDefender Rococo Rockfowl, on 23 October 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

I guess I could get the Rage pack for $40 and just select the Panther and Zeus for my mechs and then choose the Kurita and Rasalhague faction content.
We do get to choose which mechs for the pack, right? Or is what we get pre-determined by which pack?

No. Rage pack includes the Panther and the Enforcer. A la carte is really only useful if you're going for the Zeus or Grasshopper or both and have no interest in the other two. If you genuinely only want the Panther and Zeus your best bet would probably be to get the Fire pack for $20 and buy the Zeus a la carte.

#186 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostDefender Rococo Rockfowl, on 23 October 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

Yes! I'd definitely get both. Archer first for me though :D

It doesn't quite work like that, the $40 pack has the panther and the enforcer (you dont get to choose the mechs). If you only want the panther and the zeus your are better off getting the panther package $20 and the zeus a la carte $35 ($55 total plus the panther pack content) than the panther a la carte for $35 and the zeus a la carte for another $35 ($70 or maybe they drop to $30 each if you buy two would still be $60 vs $55 though and you wouldn't get the stuff that comes with the $20 panther package). Hope that helps

#187 Pet Dude

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS West

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

If you purchase a tier before Nov. 4 yes you will get the Atlas.

#188 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

Thank you very much Nikolai! Glad to see the IS fans (like myself) get a new package. Looking forward to CW. :D

#189 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

Maybe i was a bit harsh disapointed actually but i still can't see why the timescale is so long?

*edit* just seen the bogof (its not free) atlas, still not enough carrot for 29% of a year wait for a mech despite looking cool (credit where credit is due) could be surpased by the venerable spider. Lets ring maserati and see how long it'll take for the delivery of my new mc stradale......... Just kidding i wish.

I like the vote of faith Nikolai. ;).

Edited by mad kat, 24 October 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#190 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

I was hoping to get 2nd Atlas with new purchase but looks like this will stay only in my wet dreams...

Anyway, not a fan of slow light, but I am still on edge with the new purchase because od additional content.
Or shoukd I buy additonal Clans swags ( :) swaaag) pack? I am a Lone Merc, no obligations - I fight where they pay....Although House Kurita has the best girls...

Trying to justify premium time and mech bays vs Hero mechs...Man, IS pack is slow...

#191 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 22 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

... we were hoping for an ECM Heavy... that's what people were voting for... why you no do this PGI? Why?

No... when people voted the grasshopper.
They thought

"OMG PPC poptarter with ssrm 2 in the head. way better then black knight! MUST VOTE!"
or just to put a TT relic in the game.

Simple facts... Black Knight can do the exact same load outs as the Grasshopper in the end of the day minus the useless 1 slot missile weapon...

It can be quite likely to see Jumpjets on Black Knight due to nearly all of them at one point mounting JJ as part of a field modification and also could have been an ECM mech...

The BAP ct + Small Laser Head would give a BK quirk that allows pretty much the following...

200 meters-ish + is...

countered ECM
Detect mech (behind wall/ in cave)
Detect mech (in ECM cover)
Detect mech (powered down)
Detect nearby UAV
Read mech load out (behind wall/ in cave)
Read mech load out (in ECM cover)
Read mech load out (powered down)

Etc.... it'll be the best supporter with LRM boats, a shield arm to prolong it's survivability. and awesome history in BT.

They did this because if anyone wanted ECM it would be most likely with the Black Knight due to the extra strain of ideas for unique builds between the 3 variants. As well as a JJ variant.

#192 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:03 AM

I'm holding back because I want to see where the quirks are headed on these. Some too are similar to other mechs that are out in hardpoints that I'd like to feel like I'm buying a new mech, not a remodel/reskin of another +/- a couple tons. Give me at least a hint at a direction you want them to go and I can validate a pack. If you don't believe that will make a difference, ask anyone who got a Locust from Phoenix packs. Quirks are the only reason I haven't vendored them yet and they as of right now can't compete in any way in a skirmish between other lights unless it's another Locust. I have the same fear for the Panther with the smaller max engine. I need to know I'm not buying a paperweight.

#193 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 23 October 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Just kidding, she'll get over it. I'll just have to buy her something. Anyone have any suggestions? How about her own Wrath pack? LOL.

Wife joined a private gym last night with a personal trainer. I'm off the hook. ;)

It's a win-win for me!

#194 PeonWarrior

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Still no Mauler? and no new game modes....I'm very close to leaving this game.

#195 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 22 October 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Oh please, please please up the engine cap on the Panther. :( . a 127kph speedtweaked 35 tonner is not happy sauce mate.
At least 275 would be preferable.

If they don't up the cap at least you will have a use for the 2 XL250s from the enforcers...

#196 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

Bought. Man, I'm loving the Zeus variants: 3 ballistic, one missile; move stuff to the torso; and one ballistic, three missiles.

That's like the Tbolt's big brother. Love it.

#197 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

I was hoping for a second Atlas-S, so I could keep one stock, and have one to modify my load out. thx anyway!

#198 sharerware

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

I've never purchased any packs before, and haven't seen camospecs talked about. When do the other things like paint colors get awarded?

#199 ReXX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

PGI I must say I am impressed. I haven't bought a single thing since my Founder's pack.

First because my old computer just couldn't handle the game.

Then because of your.. awkward choices..

And lastly because of some serious ethical concerns involving cash grabs, such as paying out the nose for colors and private pvp, something every other f2p game provides for free.

Then IGP were removed, and I'm not pointing fingers.. but everything seems to have changed. There are still some problems I don't know if I agree with (instant convergence, loss of knock down, "ghost" heat) but I know some things lost are going to return and other things will be tweaked more and more until they are well balanced.

Then this pack came out. At only 80 dollars, compared to the clan 120 packs, I am impressed. Very impressed. I feel that this is an extremely fair and rewarding pack. I've dropped 50 dollars on Star Trek for the odd 3-ship pack before, so 80 dollars for 12 mechs AND the extra goodies is just awesome. Considering STO's reputation for being very good to its players, a deal like this REALLY sweet in comparison. Very good move, PGI.

It looks like you'll be earning my money again. Just, please work on some of the blatant cash grabs. Example, How few mech bays we begin with is a serious issue, along with the grind, considering a new player eats up most of those bays and his grind just getting three of the same mech so he can have a machine that competes on the same level as his peers.

Edited by ReXX, 24 October 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#200 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

So, I see that the Resistance Mech Pack has it's concept art in the media tab. There is just the matter of that tiny little King Crab concept art, cause I really wanna 'eye hump' that mech in high res.

Edit: Gammar

Edited by Magitek, 24 October 2014 - 05:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users